+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steps when listing

Steps when listing

i have disabled the abilty to add videos and when i try to create a listing i see 1-6 + Finish (so 7 areas) and if i move forword those turns into 4 + Finish. why they are not shown properly from the begining? in adition to the fact that we should have a 1 page submition page and instead we have 6 or more, not even this is not working ok? a fix please

I believe it's shows all the steps available but when you choose a listing plan (depending on why features you have in the plan) itv then re calculates how many steps there are
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

yes. exactly that is doing but the recalculation should be done prior of starting listing. all users prefer a one page submit form compared to a multi step one.

recalculation cant be done prior as the listing packages are one of the steps. Then its recalculated depending on the package picked.

Its a hard one really for the best option. As packages are based on what category is picked, and then the rest of the steps are based on the listing package.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    recalculation cant be done prior as the listing packages are one of the steps. Then its recalculated depending on the package picked.

Its a hard one really for the best option. As packages are based on what category is picked, and then the rest of the steps are based on the listing package.
    the step with the movies is atached to the listing types. not to the plans...

Hi,

Yes i've just checked and see there is ability to enable-disable video for a listings type in addition to listing plans, but step removing made only after plan selected.
    To fix this issue (with wrong steps number when you have disabled video for listing type) please do following

open includes/controllers/add_listing.inc.php

find code
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    and add this code after

PHP Code:

[QUOTE=Mike F.;7846]Hi,

Yes i've just checked and see there is ability to enable-disable video for a listings type in addition to listing plans, but step removing made only after plan selected.
    To fix this issue (with wrong steps number when you have disabled video for listing type) please do following

open includes/controllers/add_listing.inc.php

find code
    PHP Code:
    and add this code after

PHP Code:
    /QUOTE]

not working unfortunaly. when i first enter the new listing process, i see 6 steps wich converts after i select category into 5

hmm yes sorry, it will remove step after you selected category.. do you have video enabled for any listing type?

You can solve it like below if its ok to remove video step anywhere

includes/classes/add_listing.inc.php
    add just after your copyrights

PHP Code:
    if you have several add listing pages for different listing types you can add condition to remove video step only for some pages

PHP Code:
    of course instead of my_jobs use right page key (not path, if you want to use path in condition you can change $page_info['Key'] to $page_info['Path'] )

Seems its not critical thing, but anyway we will take it into consideration and i think improve it in one of next versions.

Let me know if you still have problems

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    hmm yes sorry, it will remove step after you selected category.. do you have video enabled for any listing type?

You can solve it like below if its ok to remove video step anywhere

includes/classes/add_listing.inc.php
    add just after your copyrights

PHP Code:
    if you have several add listing pages for different listing types you can add condition to remove video step only for some pages

PHP Code:
    of course instead of my_jobs use right page key (not path, if you want to use path in condition you can change $page_info['Key'] to $page_info['Path'] )

Seems its not critical thing, but anyway we will take it into consideration and i think improve it in one of next versions.

Let me know if you still have problems
    unset($steps['video']); is working ok (thanks) and this brings me to another issue with flynax script

let's say that we have just 1 plan. that plan is active by default (as it should), but, even if is only one, we still see it when making a listing. This should not work like this. If we have 2+ plans, makes sense to show the plans so that the user can chose the one he needs. But, if only one is available, what's the point of showing it? Just to present users countless steps wich is discouraging for them?

so i tried to use unset($steps['plan']); and when it reaches the plans steps the process is stopped with a 403 Forbidden error

a solutin to this so we can skip the plans steps when we have just 1? thanks

Ok, i have a solution for you )

but is not perfect and suppose some "hardcoding" , so its not solution for "if plan is only one skip plans step" but it allows to remove plans step

1. add_listing.inc.php

in place where you unset $steps['plan']

add line $_SESSION['add_listing']['plan_id'] = 1; but instead of 1 use the right plan id (which is your one available plan)

You have to do it because plans depending of category, and before you selected category you dont have available plans to select from.

2. template/tpl/blocks/category_level.tpl

find code {$steps.plan.path} and replace with {$steps.form.path}
    (2 appearances)

Hope it will help.

+ Reply to Thread