+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Search issue

Search issue

Hello

I am using the blue template which has a keyword search in header. If type a word here some suggestions will be displayed. But this suggestions follow the rule of the " Any words, any order " search

I typed TONER and i get suggestion for classifieds that contains the word TONE in description. Only the last suggestion was the classified that contains the word TONER.

My question HOW DO I ASSOCIATE THE HEADER SEARCH with the " Exact match " rule ?

Then i used the search form. I typed TONER and chose ANY WORD, ANY WORDER" and i got results that contained words " tone" and "firestone " The last in list were the classified with the words Toner in description
    ANY WORD ANY ORDER is not about searching any word in that exact form from the inputed expression ?

I make a search for "pat" with the rule " exact match" and i indeed get accurate result. Then i save this as a tag. When i visit the tag's page first result are now totally different. Classifieds that have words like " patologie" "patrimoniu" are first and the last ones are the classifieds with the word " pat" (which should be first)
    Last edited by Ionut Barabasa; July 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM.

The preliminary search working differently from the search itself. So we cannot just change it to "exact match"

you can try following changes to make it more like "exact match" but not sure will it what you need or not

change should be done to templates/autocomplete.inc.php

find code there

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    replace with

PHP Code:
    also you can play with LIKE '{$str}' code and change it to '%{$str}' or '{$str}%' or '%{$str}%'

% is like "wild-card" in the sql LIKE statement

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    The preliminary search working differently from the search itself. So we cannot just change it to "exact match"

you can try following changes to make it more like "exact match" but not sure will it what you need or not

change should be done to templates/autocomplete.inc.php

find code there

PHP Code:
    replace with

PHP Code:
    also you can play with LIKE '{$str}' code and change it to '%{$str}' or '{$str}%' or '%{$str}%'

% is like "wild-card" in the sql LIKE statement
    Hello Mike. How can we improve the speed of the ajax results? in flynax the results are shown quite late comparing to others scripts. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread