+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Main Issue. Which is the most essenitial not found in Flynax

Hybrid View

Main Issue. Which is the most essenitial not found in Flynax

I am a flynax user for past 7 months, in my experience i had given few essentials needs are not there in flynax, which are very very important but not found in flynax.

1. There is no option to know which ads are expired after certain period set by admin.

For Example: Admin setup's a 30 days limit for a free ad. after 30 days the notification goes to only front end account user's who placed the ad. if he update then the ad again comes to admin approval but admin do know whether the ad is updated or new one. Simply it displays as Approval in current date. (of course there is a cron job, but it is not displaying which particular ads are expired).

So what my question is?
    How to find the expired ads in admin area. In case a expired ad comes again for approval after user renewal, then how admin know the particular ads is expired and it is coming again for renewal. There is no option to find it.

2. Now a days some free scripts itself providing spamming block facility and checking duplicate ads. But in Flynax there is no option to avoid spammers and duplicate content.

For Example: If a user post's his few duplicate ads in one same category means then the admin need to check for duplicate ads, by going to front end and do a manual search for particular title or url or etc, then finally the admin need to activate the ad after checking all these experimental. This is really very very complicated and waste of time.

I Know flynax team will improve such issues. lets wait and see. 8-)

Den Markleo

Angry This problem was posted by me from my account but now the profile name shows as "vaz"

Quote Originally Posted by vaz View Post
    I am a flynax user for past 7 months, in my experience i had given few essentials needs are not there in flynax, which are very very important but not found in flynax.

1. There is no option to know which ads are expired after certain period set by admin.

For Example: Admin setup's a 30 days limit for a free ad. after 30 days the notification goes to only front end account user's who placed the ad. if he update then the ad again comes to admin approval but admin do know whether the ad is updated or new one. Simply it displays as Approval in current date. (of course there is a cron job, but it is not displaying which particular ads are expired).

So what my question is?
    How to find the expired ads in admin area. In case a expired ad comes again for approval after user renewal, then how admin know the particular ads is expired and it is coming again for renewal. There is no option to find it.

2. Now a days some free scripts itself providing spamming block facility and checking duplicate ads. But in Flynax there is no option to avoid spammers and duplicate content.

For Example: If a user post's his few duplicate ads in one same category means then the admin need to check for duplicate ads, by going to front end and do a manual search for particular title or url or etc, then finally the admin need to activate the ad after checking all these experimental. This is really very very complicated and waste of time.

I Know flynax team will improve such issues. lets wait and see. 8-)

Den Markleo
    This problem was posted by me from my account but now the profile name shows as "vaz" i don't know what happening in flynax forum.

It was long time ago, but we did duplicate plugin for 3.2 version =) but not released because its imo useless

I think date in admin panel is already there.

About duplicate content plugin for new version, its kind of specific plugin and i'm not sure what and how it should work, do you have any ideas of it?

Its clear that is should help to prevent from creating same listings many times..

Master
    Hello Mike and Petrache,

Petrache this is a important question.
    Even though this thread is old - this thread should still be a topic.
    This is also a missing seo feature.

Many users here do not even know why its pages remain in the search-engine "nirvana".
    This missing feature is a reason for this.

How about this approach...?

The problem should already be reduced at the beginning.
    Existing listings will no longer be considered with this.
    But they exist indeed not forever.
    Except they are renewed, upgrade or edit, then the following can be also used.

When adding a listing check the title and description if one or all is identical with exists listings in their category. (TRUE / FALSE)
    If so, point out that it is disadvantageous to this listing to use the same contents of an existing listing.
    Ignored the customer the "warning", then add to this listing links automatically an rel = "nofollow".
    However, this must apply to all links of this listing.

Should be found only one identical listing, but this have already rel="nofollow", then it should nofollow deleted by the found listing and automtically added by the new listing.
    That would be a fairness due to customers.

To make it a bit better - add also in the meta on the detail page of this listing follow

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    That should reduce the problem of duplicate content.

Possible solution

The query comes in the validation process for add listings and a new field in listings table example "double_content" = 0 or 1;
    Then a condition for <a> tags in details page and listings page if true = 'rel="nofollow"' or false all be ok.

So the query might look like as follow

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    The follow would also be an approach.
    But could be very difficult in many identical listings.

<link rel=”canonical” href=”h**p://www.yourside.com/listing.php?item=listing123” />

This tells the search engine at the beginning that it is double content.
    It is then not included in the assessment of the page.

However, I think that the first suggestion is the better choice.

Further, it will be a bad choice to implement this as a plugin.
    It should be permanently integrated in the flynax script.
    Maybe in Flynax 5? An improvement to seo optimization and a better pagerank for their flynax based websites?

Regards
    Steffen
    Last edited by Steffen Buschkemper; January 17, 2014 at 06:43 PM.

Master
    The proposal is not as complex as they think.
    I think and hope it is for the flynax dev team no problem.

Regards
    Steffen

Master
    I will pushing up for Mike F.
    Read and think about this.
    Last edited by Steffen Buschkemper; January 24, 2014 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks a lot Steffen for detailed reply, i will look into it carefully.

+ Reply to Thread