+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The geo-data from the Phlippines is wrong, has anyone a working database? need 4-leve

The geo-data from the Phlippines is wrong, has anyone a working database? need 4-leve

The Philippines is a country who needs 4-levels to build the country-hierarchy
    1. We have 17 regions, (country_level1)
    only the Manila-Region has no provinces, but manila has 14 districts with 897 settlements
    2. We have 81 provinces (country_level2)
    3. Each province has city ​​communities (country_level3)
    4. Each city community has settlements (barangays) (country_level4)

Actually the location finder gives wrong results, for example you type in your location "Quezon city" who is the biggest city in the Philippines(--> wikipedia) you get the result (look my Printscreen attached here): Philippines , Calabarzon, Quezon City.

But the result is wrong because Quezon City is not part of Calabarzon-Region it is part of Region Metro Manila and has 142 settlements.
    The second biggest city "Manila City" the system dont find in the location-data
    The third biggest city "Caloocan City" the system dont find in the location-data
    So you see these country is still not working, because that are important locations
    Also a important location to find is Makati because its a Tourist-Spot in the Metro-Manila Region, but you get the wrong result: Philippines, Cagayan Valley, Makati, but Cagayan Valley is a Region in North-Luzon and hundreds from kilometers from the real location Metro-Manila-Region.
    Maybe you have another database for the philippines, thank you for your attention,
    (I know good the location, because i was there many time!)
    regards, Juergen

World Countries database has 3 levels for all countries,
    If you want to have 4 levels database of your country, please provide us with database in csv, sql, xls or other format we will import it to the server.

Then you will be able to import this specific country to your website and have 4 levels.

Another way is to enter locations manually in admin panel.

+ Reply to Thread