+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Original images files to be deleted automaticly after resize from ftp space

Exclamation Original images files to be deleted automaticly after resize from ftp space

Hello Flynax customers and developers.

After using the auto script for almost a year I came to the conclusion that the script has a big flaw:

- after the customer uploads the picture for the listing and the script resize it, the original file remains on the ftp space, filling up the hosting space in no time.

I am asking if anyone has tried to resolve this issue or if anyone will try in the future.
    I get bored and tired deleting orig_xxxxxxx.jpg like files from the ftp space.

If you think this could be a useful feature, please reply.

Thanks!

Originally I had flynax add some code to delete original image after cropping. But there's a new system now that reduces the size of the original image to about 500kb and saves that as the original. I would create a ticket and ask flynax about it.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Hello George,

System save original images if you enable function 'Cropping by users'. But if you disable function 'Cropping by users' (Admin Panel >> Configurations >> Images ) system will remove original images automatically for all new images

Chris right new photo uploader upload original images with small size max 500kb. If you want you may create a new ticket and we will implement new photo uploader but it will cost you a bit money. After 1-2 weeks we will release new version of Flynax 4.2 and new uploader will be in. And some new other things. That's why I suggest you wait
    Last edited by Viktor; October 26, 2013 at 09:08 AM.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hello George,

System save original images if you enable function 'Cropping by users'. But if you disable function 'Cropping by users' (Admin Panel >> Configurations >> Images ) system will remove original images automatically for all new images

Chris right new photo uploader upload original images with small size max 500kb. If you want you may create a new ticket and we will implement new photo uploader but it will cost you a bit money. After 1-2 weeks we will release new version of Flynax 4.2 and new uploader will be in. And some new other things. That's why I suggest you wait
    It's cool! Waiting for Flynax 4.2!

Many people waiting Flynax 4.2!! me too
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Thanks Viktor .

Obviously I didn't read all the forum and the manual.
    Can't wait for 4.2.

Have a great day guys.

Great .

It would be nice if were available a changelog so as not to waste time making changes that will be available in 4.2 version.

+ Reply to Thread