+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 5 feature requests.

How about the option in admin panel to select if you want uploaded pictures listings to be saved in progressive format or baseline jpg?

FEATURE SUGGESTION FOR Flynax v5

1. Removal of “.html” and “/” extensions:

Removal of “.html” and “forward slash” extensions from urls for security/seo improvements.

2. Use of Username and E-mail for login:

Will increases accessibility of the website. Users rather forget their username than e-mail.

3. Search results suggestion with Listings and Category levels.
    Will increases accessibility of the website. Especially will helps to websites with lots of categories.
    Last edited by PGGO; September 21, 2014 at 06:21 AM.

Hello everybody,

We're read all of your requests for version 5 and think some of them are quite interesting. We'll add probably the most helpfull and requested.
    Please let us know in this thread what else should be add.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Hello everybody,

We're read all of your requests for version 5 and think some of them are quite interesting. We'll add probably the most helpfull and requested.
    Please let us know in this thread what else should be add.
    Hello Valerie,
    Exactly how will you decide which one is the most requested? I am curious since each of us posted individual requests (not duplicated). After me, we should have a section in which we post the request and than any member can vote 1 time regarding this. At the end of a period you can see clearly which features are the most wanted by more than 1 user.

Here is a implementation done by a auction website http://www.voceautilizatorului.ro/fo...ntru-okazii-ro

Each registered member receives a number of credits which he can spend to support one of his idea or as many ideas as his credits he has.
    After the developers look at what are the most requested features, they post a note like "Will be included" and this way use know exactly what will be done and what not.

No offense but you have to move further than "We'll add probably" which says nothing. I am telling you this because any member may consider that his feature is a must be for him, will post it and may be supported by others, he expects to be implemented just to realise after 1 year of wait (till you make a major upgrade) that the feature is not implemented. So we lost 1 year.

I never see a list of features that you are willing to implement for the next revision so we can see exactly what to expect from your script. That should be the main focus. "We, as flynax team, will introduce x,y features. For other requests, propose, vote and will let you know what will be added as well". Correct me if i am wrong with this flow. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    Hello Valerie,
    Exactly how will you decide which one is the most requested? I am curious since each of us posted individual requests (not duplicated). After me, we should have a section in which we post the request and than any member can vote 1 time regarding this. At the end of a period you can see clearly which features are the most wanted by more than 1 user.
    I never see a list of features that you are willing to implement for the next revision so we can see exactly what to expect from your script. That should be the main focus. "We, as flynax team, will introduce x,y features. For other requests, propose, vote and will let you know what will be added as well". Correct me if i am wrong with this flow. Thank you
    Hello Petrache Nicolae,

We've read and analyzed this section of the forum, we have some notes also that came from the chat or tickets. All the information combined and most popular things were described. Unfortunately we dont have the list of features that will be integrated into 5th version for sure but we will let you know about them a bit later. Developers should discuss all the suggestions and decide what can be included in the software.
    Last edited by Valerie; October 13, 2014 at 08:12 AM.

1. When a category is locked. Please remove the word "- Locked" or any other locked icon from user view. Deactivating the next button until a subcategory is chosen is perfect.

2. When a category is locked. Please remove the displayed phrase "The category is locked by the Administrator, please Click here to go back to the previous category level." and populate the sub categories in that area.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol View Post
    1. When a category is locked. Please remove the word "- Locked" or any other locked icon from user view. Deactivating the next button until a subcategory is chosen is perfect.

2. When a category is locked. Please remove the displayed phrase "The category is locked by the Administrator, please Click here to go back to the previous category level." and populate the sub categories in that area.
    I likes the locked icon ? saves people trying to click or add to it and getting frustrated ? to remove the icon or words would be easy enough to do through the admin or ftp if they wanted to do that / for your number 1 or 2 options both would take a few seconds to do. Just look for the phrase in languages and edit or delete the words from that or replace the locked icon with a clear one.

I suggest that for every page of each category in the metadescription should be added something like Page 2 or index 2. This would avoid duplicate metadecriptions for all additional pages of one category. I notice all classifieds sites have this and also other classifieds scripts have it. Is something basic.

Guru
    I Have some suggestions to submit to the table please.

› I would like an option in saved search settings that allows me to set a renew date similar to a listing, for example I may set it to 365 days and the user would be sent a normal reminder notice where they would need to renew the saved search or it would become inactive. * This would eliminate people wandering of into cyberspace / changing or deleting email addresses and having the system clogged up with requests that nobody is getting anymore.

+ In addition while on saved search there is a admin page that allows you to delete saved searches (where it would show the status from above / active / paused or expired), I would very much like to add the ability to add a user to that page and select the saved search option required.

› In the admin user panel when you bring up the users details it tells you the number of listing (+link) that they have, but it does not tell you the number of ads they have, number of saved searches or number of messages. These things will be handy in conjunction with the last logged in date as that will be used to purge users who have long gone but we would need to see that have no ads running or any current saved searches in place etc.

› In the admin overview panel you have stats and links, but you have some plug-ins such as your reported listings etc, where you need to dive into the pluggin to see any numbers, these pluggins should be made to feed those stats to the overview panel, so that admin can overview and administer the whole site from one central location.

› A listing field for time similar to the dates option Ex. Time = 8.35 AM or Times = 9.00 AM - 5.30 PM

all for now.
    Last edited by Pete Young; October 16, 2014 at 01:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread