+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 5 feature requests.

Version 5 feature requests.

As seen as John posted in another thread regarding feature requests for flynax version 5, i thought i would start a thread that we can all post in with potential ideas and improvements.

I will start with a few.

1/ News articles section, abilty to categorise news articles kind of like a blog so you can sort them like car articles, bike articles, boat articles. Then the abilty to create content blocks related to these categories so i can for example put car news on my car pages and bike news on my bike pages.

2/ An inbuilt FAQ system, i know we have the current plugin but i think it needs abit more thought instead of being just like the news plugin.

3/ I know over the last few years theres been lots of discussions regarding the add listing category tree. I have to admit i would prefer a selection box system. So something that gives the option to choose between both systems.

4/In contact form the abilty to add different email departments in admin with maybe a text description box for each department so you can write desription or rules of contact if you know what i mean. Selection box in contact form front end to choose department with the description box which changes depending on which department you choose.

5/ A search tool in account manager for dealers that have lots of listings

Thats it for the time being, sure i had more but i forgot them, may come to me tomorrow

I am sure there will be loads of ideas but most will mainly suit to be plugins. These i have listed i think would be good in the basic script.

Need any help, a chat to discuss or testing give us a shout

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Brown; October 23, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Good Chris, My idea is

1. view detail page need to change some what different style. I hope flynax having same format from long back for all.

2. User friendly search tool required.

3. Mainly need to take care of site speed point of view.

Ram

Criss
    I also need.

1 - News articles section, abilty to categorise news articles kind of like a blog so you can sort them like car articles, bike articles, boat articles. Then the abilty to create content blocks related to these categories so i can for example put car news on my car pages and bike news on my bike pages.

See this exemplo: http://www.zoom.com.br/tv/deumzoom
    Last edited by Leandro Figueiredo; October 25, 2013 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leandro Figueiredo View Post
    Criss
    I also need.

1 - News articles section, abilty to categorise news articles kind of like a blog so you can sort them like car articles, bike articles, boat articles. Then the abilty to create content blocks related to these categories so i can for example put car news on my car pages and bike news on my bike pages.

See this exemplo: http://www.zoom.com.br/tv/deumzoom
    To be honest i was thinking about this today, that we could use listing types to create a news/blog then add categories, and set as admin only to create news articles then use field bound box plugin etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    To be honest i was thinking about this today, that we could use listing types to create a news/blog then add categories, and set as admin only to create news articles then use field bound box plugin etc.
    I also. But, we need to wait the newer version?

Have another feature.

*Auto deletion of accounts in admin.

System will log the last time the user logged in and then in admin we can set amount of days before auto delete/remove. Must also be able to choose which account type/types this applies too.

Reason: Lots of users do change email addresses, forget details etc so and some will use the site once and then not see them again for years to come, by then they may have forgot login details, changed email address etc etc.

Reason for being able to aply this to certain account types is so it doesnt effect dealers as they generally have lots of listings and if they havnt been on for a while we need them to send regular emails too, plus it would possible effect the dealer directories.

Hope that all make sense

**Auto deletion of listings

Be able to set number of days that inactive listings are stored in the sytem and then deleted.
    Last edited by Chris Brown; October 26, 2013 at 01:41 PM.

Hi all,

I think, is it better to use WordPress for News.

Here my ideas

1. Selection box option and remove the title field when add listing
    2. Show related listing by category on listing detail page
    3. Donnt show seller info, maps, contact form on tab.
    4. Login with Email

I really like this way (layout)http://mercatrucks.com/camion/547-volvo-fl7-250

Thanks,
    Nguyen
    Last edited by Nguyen Dat tai; October 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM.

When you realise the 5.0 version?

Master
    Hello Guys,

now here my feature wishes for Flynax 5.

1. Payment process

Please implement the Pending status for payments.
    The listing should, if the payment is pending for the customer in "My Listings" to be visible.
    But not activated. Also, an email template for pending status, as well as a pending page after the payment should be integrated for it.
    Only when the payment is done, the Listing is activated by Admin and the payment status is set manually or after listing activating automatically in the transaction table on paid status.

2. Coupon Code

I think you should implement the coupon code directly in the script, rather than as a plugin.
    The plugin has a problem, for example if the customer uses a unique coupon code, but the payment was not successful, then he can not use it again.
    I think that if you directly integrated coupon into the script, then it will be a quick solution for this trouble.

3. Code optimizing

For example Java and CSS minimizer/optimizer.
    Integrate it directly. A plugin for this is a poor choice.
    Distinguishes between live mode and developer mode.

4. SEO

An important part of Flynax 5!
    There is still much to do. For examble SEO friendly urls, double content and so on...
    This has been discussed many times here in the forum.
    I would not go into detail there.

OK at this time it was from me.
    But soon more....

Best regards
    Steffen
    Last edited by Steffen Buschkemper; December 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM.

proposal:

- category filter price field to work with multiple currencies simultaneously
    - listing box plugin to have option for categories not only for listing type.
    - better featured listing administration maybe admin statistic panel for featured listing.
    - better private policy contract area on user registration page.
    - possibility to put adsense code between ads in listing.tpl ( 5 ads and adsense again 5 ads, etc..)
    - Payment option for bussines user accounts.
    - grid sistem on featured ads like on new listing box plugin.

Last edited by Drazen Corak; January 8, 2014 at 03:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread