+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CRITICAL FLAW: Renew upgrade feature doesn't work as it should

Hi guys,
    I come back to this thread because I reinstalled a clean 4.2 and John's code is no longer work.
    The 4.2 is default as renew the posting date when we change the plan. But it doesn't make the listing to top. Renewed listings has a new posting dates and will remain buried in 4.2
    Please look at the screeenshot.
    John code was working in 4.1 though. And now 4.3 is released.

Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 9.33.14 AM.jpg

Is there any fix for this?

any buyer of this script is requesting a solution to this, since this is how the rest of the scripts works and flynax decided to keep the head under the ground ignoring this crucial feature. i gues we all expected a miracle regarding this in 4.3 but we were hopeing in vain.

Did you have a chance to try 4.3 ? I really hope this will work out. I spent too much time and money for flynax already.

yes, i have made the upgrade to 4.3 but beside this, no changes. i wait for the reponsive template and after that i can finish my website by adding my changes and most likely, pay flynax to do what they shoulded done by default with this issue.

Great idea, I was planning to up to 4.3 but I guess I will wait for the responsive template as well as John has confirmed that it will be released by the end of this week.
    Just 1 question Petrache. Does 4.3 have the same issue about listing not moving to top after renewing but have a renew posting date?

just tested...on renew, the listing goes up as it should, the time period ads up as it should but this can be used endless wich is not ok.
    my bigest issue right now is that the cron is not ok (even if i use the same setting as in 4.1/4.2 and now, in general, i do not get the emails that notify me that in x days the listing will expire.

Humh, that is odd. Look at my screenshot. Upon renew, listing stay buried. Not going up. And I didn't mess anything here. I only have flynax supporter fixed some bug here and there. I just one of them conflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I see you have fierce discussion here, let me take a part in it...
    So main question is: why the listing posting date remains the same after renew?
    I can explain why, firstly: the Renew/Update option relates to the listing plan and not the listing itself,
    you can easily check it by putting the mouse cursor on the icon.
    Secondly: The listing date remains the same because the seller sells the same house
    and nothing changed there. Visitors who already saw this house will not check it again because they
    don't want it.

I just explain you our concept but if you want to change the logic just apply the following changes
    or contact our support and they will do changes for free fro you:
    1. Open the file: /includes/classes/rlListings.class.php
    2. Find the code (line ~2775):
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    3. Replace with the cod:
    Code:
    4. You should find the same code statement a bit bellow, right after code line:
    Code:
    do the same changes there.
    5. Open the file: /includes/controllers/upgrade_listing.inc.php
    6. Find the code (line~ 366):
    Code:
    7. Replace with the code:
    Code:
    John

Renew / Upgrade Package only when we click this button to have the expiration date from that package, not to add plus date but remain from posting to expiration date.

I'm not telling you to hide anything,

Added Sep 28, 2018
    Active till Nov 29, 2018

Added Sep 28, 2018
    Active till Dec 30, 2018

Added Sep 28, 2018
    Active till Jan 30, 2019

I want this to be posting like this at first only 31 days term not for 4 months more,
    after each Renew / Upgrade Package

from the day of posting for 31 days, not more than

Added: Sep 28, 2018
    Active: till Oct 29, 2018

if I do the date

Added: Sep 20, 2018
    Active: till Oct 21, 2018

only the time limit is set.

look video : https://youtu.be/FDbMS5LB8i0

Hello,

You already have a ticket regarding your issue and suggested two possible ways to solve it
    please, follow one of them or keep discussion in the ticket

+ Reply to Thread