+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CRITICAL FLAW: Renew upgrade feature doesn't work as it should

Hi John,
    The code work great.
    Just one more question. How do I change the "Upgrade date" to the date of pay_date plus the listing plan period. For example:
    If I renew the listing plan that has 10 day period on October 1, 2013, then the listing will "active till" October 11, 2013.

I try to change this part:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

Code:
    But for some reasons, the "active till" date didn't show as October 11, 2013, but October 21, 2013, which is exactly double the period of that 10 days listing. I have tried with other plans and various periods, still showing double the listing period.

Wei Hong, you manage to do what many of us didn.t succeed. You manage to make Flynax see this as a issue (i totaly agree with it) and provide us a solution.

in my country we have a website called mercador.ro wich has a great feature. a user makes a listing and that listing, unless you delete it, is active for 30 days. after 30 days, you receive an email with 2 buttons (one is for renew, one is for cancel). if you do not, than it is gone in a few days. if you click from email on renew button, than the listing is renewed in website and moved to the first position in the listings.

in other words, by confirming via renew, any seller gets a better position each month, in adition of confirming that the listing is active. YOU MOTIVATE SELLERS by this aproach. if you list an item wich doesn.t sell for 9 months, how would it be to have your add at the end of (hopefully for us) a very long list of ads? not so great for the seller.

So John, please help us all the way to have this working perfect as Wei Hong mentioned in his last reply. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hi Wei Hong,
    ok I got you, we will take into account your suggestion working on new version of the software, thanks!

John
    hello John. Can you please reply to Wei Hong question regarding "Just one more question. How do I change the "Upgrade date" to the date of pay_date plus the listing plan period. For example:
    If I renew the listing plan that has 10 day period on October 1, 2013, then the listing will "active till" October 11, 2013."

we all wait for a reply. thanks

Guru
    I seem to get a lot of pm's regards the updates that Viktor done for me, the cost was $30 from memory and it covered if I am correct the fix shown above, it also covered from memory the date options and fixed those up as in regards the post above.

Not sure why the upgrade could not be just added as a module so that way if people wanted this they could just add in the same way would add banners as an example. As many have said this is how many top classified sites work and puzzling why flynax did not have it working ?

The good thing is now it seems peer pressure has made them see it is a option more than one or two people want.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Yes, Pete was generous enough to share with me the file that Viktor modified regarding this matter, and as far as I can tell, it's the same fix that John have instruct here. I'm also still waiting for John reply, been trying to PM him as well.

Hello Wei Hong,
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Hi John,
    The code work great.
    Just one more question. How do I change the "Upgrade date" to the date of pay_date plus the listing plan period. For example:
    If I renew the listing plan that has 10 day period on October 1, 2013, then the listing will "active till" October 11, 2013.

I try to change this part:

Code:

Code:
    But for some reasons, the "active till" date didn't show as October 11, 2013, but October 21, 2013, which is exactly double the period of that 10 days listing. I have tried with other plans and various periods, still showing double the listing period.
    Actually the system already works as you want, the plan date adds to the pay date now.
    What is the problem?

John
    Last edited by John; October 29, 2013 at 05:19 AM.

The problem is exactly what i described. About stacking up listing period. About using 10-day period to extend a listing to unlimited time. For instance: 10 years or more.
    I want it to add the period to the upgrade date, not stacking up. I did explain this issue with screenshot in my 1st post.

Hello Wei Hong,

Actually the system already works as you want, the plan date adds to the pay date now.
    What is the problem?

John
    Hello John. The code works fine but is it posible to renew automatic all the listings after the amount of time specified in plan? without user action to renew it. thanks

Hello Wei Hong,

What is the problem?

John
    hello John. 2 issues please

1.is it posible to renew automatic all the listings after the amount of time specified in plan? without user action to renew it?
    2.can we hide the renew button if the plan is active? that button should be available when those 30 days expire. i can click each day for a new renew and the listing will go to the top of the listings each day? this is wrong... a user can keep his listing on top if he click every hour becouse the script allows it.

Tried this and it puts the listing on the top (current day) but it stacks the days. after 3 (60days)upgrade clicks on the listing and now my listing are active until 2014-06-10 when it should only be active until 2014-01-17

+ Reply to Thread