+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: CRITICAL FLAW: Renew upgrade feature doesn't work as it should

As i told here is alternative solution, its Renew Listing Date button this function is stand alone from the upgrade process and can be used if you dont charge your users for renewing listings

1. templates/yourtemplate/tpl/blocks/my_listing.tpl

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

2. includes/controllers/my_listings.inc.php

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    3. includes/classes/rlListings.class.php

add this function

PHP Code:
    4. login to admin panel, go to languages page and add frontend phrase with key notice_listing_renewed and text Listing renewed

Its possible to improve function to limit it to one renew per hour or something like this, if you interested lets clarify how would be better, i will add it
    Last edited by Mike; January 6, 2014 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    As i told here is alternative solution, its Renew Listing Date button this function is stand alone from the upgrade process and can be used if you dont charge your users for renewing listings

1. templates/yourtemplate/tpl/blocks/my_listing.tpl

Code:

2. includes/controllers/my_listings.inc.php

PHP Code:
    3. includes/classes/rlListings.class.php

add this function

PHP Code:
    4. login to admin panel, go to languages page and add frontend phrase with key notice_listing_renewed and text Listing renewed

Its possible to improve function to limit it to one renew per hour or something like this, if you interested lets clarify how would be better, i will add it
    Wow, this is excellent. And the idea of limiting it to one renew per hour is also a great idea. Please do guide us. Thank you very much, Mike. Excellent job

@Mike,
    Hm this won't work for me as the text button is not visible. I have only a button for Uppgrade Listing?

Ok have the button now but nothing happens when clicking and when refreshing the listing still expired and the date is set to 1-11-30. Seems like the $sql ="UPDATE `".RL_DBPREFIX."listings` SET `Date` = 'NOW()' WHERE `ID` =".$id; set the date to 1-11-30 anyone in for help?

OK sorted it out ---> 'NOW()' have to be NOW() in the line above. But still the response line is something wrong with.
    //Morgan
    Last edited by Morgan Bohman; December 30, 2013 at 09:42 AM.
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

Apart from the response message, this works great, but Mike, can you check if we could have the renew function inside admin panel also?

//Morgan

Hi Morgan,

Yes thanks, my mistake with 'NOW()', i have corrected it in instruction.
    Ok here is for admin panel.

1.admin/tpl/listings.tpl

Code:

2. includes/classes/admin/rlListings.class.php be carefull, dont mix with rlListings in classes directory

find function ajaxMassActions and modify as shown below

PHP Code:

Thanks Mike, any clue why the response is not showing up? Checked the lang_key but only in swedish maybe needed in english too?
    //Morgan

Ok hope you meant admin/tpl/controllers/listings.tpl? The other one is hard to find exact right place to put in the code, can you show me specific? Anyway, I can not get this to work.

//Morgan

lang_key - must be User Interface not Common etc..

Hi all, thanks on code for this function (Renew Listing Date button) but it is not full and not work corect for me - the ads in listing.tpl list dont go on top of ads only in listing box new ads. This is good function for special box with renew ads.
    regards..

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Bohman View Post
    Thanks Mike, any clue why the response is not showing up? Checked the lang_key but only in swedish maybe needed in english too?
    //Morgan
    yes its admin/tpl/controllers/listings.tpl

i forgot to say that you have to add 'ext_renew' lang phrase with module 'ext' and text Renew

Quote Originally Posted by Drazen Corak View Post
    lang_key - must be User Interface not Common etc..

Hi all, thanks on code for this function (Renew Listing Date button) but it is not full and not work corect for me - the ads in listing.tpl list dont go on top of ads only in listing box new ads. This is good function for special box with renew ads.
    regards..
    That means your listings order is not Date by default and seems customized

+ Reply to Thread