+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CRITICAL FLAW: Renew upgrade feature doesn't work as it should

exactly. i can keep it in first position each hour (or minute) and in adition i get the period extended with another 30 days for each renew i make. this is so wrong..............

this is a major part of the script wich is broken, countles threads on this subject and just in this John was kind to present a solution wich is a step forword

in other threads, i have sean just request for money so, team Flynax, a full working solution exactly how much does it cost? a working solution like we should had from the begining. thanks

Like I said. That is the only problem left that need to be fixed.

If i understood you right, issue is that during "renew process" it adds "period" to date each time you update your listings?

Renew is supposed to renew listing plan (listing period) and not just for date updating. In other words Renew here is not to renew listing date but to renew its plan period (listing live period).

To remove period extending in renew function, try to make changes in the same place as John mentioned.

1. Open the file: /includes/classes/rlListings.class.php
    2. Find the code (line ~2775):
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    3. Replace with the code:
    PHP Code:

but my opinion on the subject that it should be not changed like this.

Renew plan function(what we changing) is for different purposes and it works as it should.

For those who need Renew listing its better to add another button which will just renew listing date and will have no relation to listing plans and upgrade,
    If you want i can post instructions here it seems pretty simple.
    Only problem with that way if you want to charge users for this, in this case easier to make above mentioned change, but still think its not right solution )

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for the reply. I think you are slightly misunderstood. This is about stacking up problem
    We all agree that renew should add the listing period on top of the renew date. For example: We renew a listing that used a 10-day period plan on 12/01/2013, then the expire date should be 12/11/2013. Afterward on the following date which is 12/02/2012, we renew it again with the same listing and same plan, the expire date should be 12/12/2013, but it doesn't. It stack up the date, so the expire date is 12/21/2013 while it should be 12/12/2013. And if you keep doing this, it stack up everytime you hit the renew button. So if you hit renew again on the same date 12/02/2013, the expire date would be 12/22/2013, hit renew again and it will goes up 10days from 12/22/2013.
    Hope I explained clear enough. This is basically the same issue that i have explained in my 1st post, but I guess it is too complicated to understand

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Hi Mike,
    Thanks for the reply. I think you are slightly misunderstood. This is about stacking up problem
    We all agree that renew should add the listing period on top of the renew date. For example: We renew a listing that used a 10-day period plan on 12/01/2013, then the expire date should be 12/11/2013. Afterward on the following date which is 12/02/2012, we renew it again with the same listing and same plan, the expire date should be 12/12/2013, but it doesn't. It stack up the date, so the expire date is 12/21/2013 while it should be 12/12/2013. And if you keep doing this, it stack up everytime you hit the renew button. So if you hit renew again on the same date 12/02/2013, the expire date would be 12/22/2013, hit renew again and it will goes up 10days from 12/22/2013.
    Hope I explained clear enough. This is basically the same issue that i have explained in my 1st post, but I guess it is too complicated to understand

[QUOTE=Mike F.;7920]
    1. Open the file: /includes/classes/rlListings.class.php
    2. Find the code (line ~2775):
    PHP Code:
    3. Replace with the code:
    PHP Code:
    /QUOTE]

This code made it work

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jonsson View Post
    This code made it work
    Nice to hear that. I will try it out when I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post

For those who need Renew listing its better to add another button which will just renew listing date and will have no relation to listing plans and upgrade,
    If you want i can post instructions here it seems pretty simple.
    Only problem with that way if you want to charge users for this, in this case easier to make above mentioned change, but still think its not right solution )

Hello. Please provide your solution so we can check it and maybee will work better. This is the most important feature for us and for the users and flynax script shoulded had this feature from the begining.

if you want to see it perform great, test it in www.mercador.ro

make a listing without creating an account, after 30 days you get a html email with a button to renew the listing and you click on that and you are logged in directly (as opposed to flynax in wich you have a link, click on it and than you have to log in, than select the plan and so on....again steps over steps..great ) and the listing is renewed directly without any other clicks and is moved as first listing in the linstings list. this provides rotation of the ads in the same time as confirming that the listing is still viable.
    This is the basic feature that we as owners and our clients needs. It is exactly what so many script offer for quite some time.

And regarding the present solution i already mentioned that i can click on renew listing at each hour and i get the listing renew and keept as first each hour (instead of 30 days becouse that is the time of the plan) + the fact that it stacks up the date. for each click, the date grows. do some maths...if i click and renew each hour, i keep the listing on top each hour and the expire date has 30 days x 24 hours x 30 days and so on...will be live for eternity like this.

bottom line...the renew should pop up only when the 30 days (in my case) expired and should be used just 1 time.
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; December 19, 2013 at 05:57 AM.

What script is this site using?
    www.mercador.ro

i don't know what script is beeing used

I have been keeping tabs on this thread as i want when a listing is renewed the date posted changes so like said its bumped to the top.

Do the changes earlier in this thread work?

I then see there is discussion of stacking up listing time.

I thought i would test this, so i created a test listing and renewed it straight away. Then i renewed it again and again all within 2 minutes. now the listing is now active till April 11th.

Is this the problem you guys mean?

I can see this being an issue for free listings as it can be taken advantage of, but if they are paid listings shouldnt it work like that. As if they do it 2 times they will have paid 2 times.

I think a better solution is for the renew button to be hidden until its time/the email is sent out to renew. Configure it to show up when the email is sent to the user
    Which is in admin/configurations/cron-job/Send an expiration notice in advance.

Any thoughts?
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

+ Reply to Thread