+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: CRITICAL FLAW: Renew upgrade feature doesn't work as it should

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    As i told here is alternative solution, its Renew Listing Date button this function is stand alone from the upgrade process and can be used if you dont charge your users for renewing listings
    Its possible to improve function to limit it to one renew per hour or something like this, if you interested lets clarify how would be better, i will add it
    hello Mike. can you provide some details about this? exactly how should be used.

my case is 1 type of plan wich allows 1 free ad with unlimited use.

should i make this plan valid for 31 days and after that the ad expires and the user can click on renew button and the ad is renewed with 31 days and moved in the top of the ads list?
    or
    should i make the plan valid for 9999 days and after 100 days (for instance) the user clicks on renew button and the ad is is renewed with 31 days and moved in the top of the ads list?

what about the "Upgrade listing plan" button? if we have just 1 single plan, why this is not hidden by the script? users will get confused about this. a fix for this bug please?

the first part of the thread dealed with this "Upgrade listing plan" button wich worked ok, the ad was renewed with another 31 days and moved as first but had 2 issues - it can be used at every minute and by each every minute use the date would stack up.

That means your listings order is not Date by default and seems customized
    Hi Mike F. thanks for the reply, can you tell me where I can check the listing order date in which file?

@Mike, the message for the user after renewing the listing doesn't work for me. Have the key's in user and ext module and the sql update is OK, the listing adds up on first place but message doesn't pop up.

//Morgan
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

Quote Originally Posted by Drazen Corak View Post
    Hi Mike F. thanks for the reply, can you tell me where I can check the listing order date in which file?
    It's includes/classes/rlListings.class.php function getListings

i have looked into it and it seems default order is not date.. strange.

Ok, to fix issue open above mentioned function and find code
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    and change last line with

$sql .= ", `T1`.`Date` DESC ";

I think it will fix your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Bohman View Post
    @Mike, the message for the user after renewing the listing doesn't work for me. Have the key's in user and ext module and the sql update is OK, the listing adds up on first place but message doesn't pop up.

//Morgan
    try to replace {$lang['notice_listing_renewed']}

with just text

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    if it worked problem is in lang module, try to change then to common instead of ex, maybe i was wrong with module..
    if no luck please pm me details i will check

Hi Mike
    You have been very helpful with this particular idea. But could you please help guide us how to limit the Renew Listing Date button / or even upgrade plan button to a specific time like: 1 hour, 2 hours, or 1 day, 2 days?

Thanks Mike F. now it work. Jes I did not have date in that line. Thank you.

Please clarify,

Limit to use the button one time per hour for each listing, in other words you may renew all your listings one time per hour
    Or one time per hour no matter for what listing, you will need to choose what listing to renew

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for your throughout thought.
    I think this is the best bet
    " Limit to use the button one time per hour for each listing, in other words you may renew all your listings one time per hour"

both solution would be apreciated becouse some may want the first case and others the second. thanks Mike

+ Reply to Thread