+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions About Car Make & Models

Questions About Car Make & Models

(1) I would like to know how did Flynax choose to add the car makers and models that is how comprehensive are they? I know that the list of the car makers are not comprehensive but does Flynax make the effort to add every model available for the car makes selected for inclusion in Flynax software?

(2) When Flynax upgrade the software in the future, will Flynax make the effort to add new car make and new models to the database?

(3) Will our data be affected if we added new models that are currently not in the database but in the future Flynax added the same models to the database?

(4) Why the car models are not arranged in alphabetical/numerical order? For example, if you take a look at the dropdown list for Ferrari, you will see model 308GTB is at the top, then model 308GTBI in the middle and model 308GTS, 308GTSI, etc are at the bottom. This doesn't look good.

Re: Questions About Car Make & Models

Hello Daniel,
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    (1) I would like to know how did Flynax choose to add the car makers and models that is how comprehensive are they? I know that the list of the car makers are not comprehensive but does Flynax make the effort to add every model available for the car makes selected for inclusion in Flynax software?
    Yep we are going to update makes/models database in the next software version.
    (2) When Flynax upgrade the software in the future, will Flynax make the effort to add new car make and new models to the database?
    Yes
    (3) Will our data be affected if we added new models that are currently not in the database but in the future Flynax added the same models to the database?
    Update patch will add new make/models, we will think how to prevent duplicates if you already added new makes/models.
    (4) Why the car models are not arranged in alphabetical/numerical order? For example, if you take a look at the dropdown list for Ferrari, you will see model 308GTB is at the top, then model 308GTBI in the middle and model 308GTS, 308GTSI, etc are at the bottom. This doesn't look good.
    Make/Models are categories in the Auto Classifieds script, well you may control categories sorting through option in configurations >> categories.
    Check it please and let me know if it won't help, remind me your website url please.

John

+ Reply to Thread