+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Several questions - Map location and other details

  1. #1

    Several questions - Map location and other details

    Hi all,

    I have the Realty classified app.
    I have several questions, need your help to know where to navigate to change certain things.
    A big thank you in advance!


    1) How to change default google location map? It is always USA, will like to change to other country.

    2) I removed all categories and added my own. All new categories have same fields, do I have to drag and drop the same form fields for all the categories which I added? Is there an easier way to assign the same set of fields to all the categories?

    3) In the app homepage, there are 2 tabs, Listing and Services. I removed all existing categories and added new ones and renamed the 2 tabs. New "Listing" tab still links to new categories, but new "Services" tab doesn't react to clicks. What went wrong here?

    4) For main categories with sub-categories, when I do an "add new listing", how to make the main categories expand (showing all sub-cats) by default?

    Thanks!
    JJ
    Last edited by Ang Jo jit; September 1, 2013 at 07:16 AM.

  2. #2
    I can answer point #2, you can use the fields from mastor category.

    You can set mastor category in admin/listing types/edit .....scroll down to category settings box, then theres option of general category. set that then add fields as usual. This will become your mastor category.
    Chris
    MotorAdsUk

  3. #3
    Chris. Your reply helped a lot. Thanks! =D

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    I can answer point #2, you can use the fields from mastor category.

    You can set mastor category in admin/listing types/edit .....scroll down to category settings box, then theres option of general category. set that then add fields as usual. This will become your mastor category.

  4. #4
    I still need help for 1, 3 and 4. Especially 3. It is killing my brain cells trying to figure out where to make the changes to make it work.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang Jo jit View Post
    Hi all,
    1) How to change default google location map? It is always USA, will like to change to other country.
    If you about Location Finder plugin, which is on add/edit listing pages, there is a setting for default location. AP>Settings>LocationFinder
    If not please clarify where is it



    Quote Originally Posted by Ang Jo jit View Post
    Hi all,
    3) In the app homepage, there are 2 tabs, Listing and Services. I removed all existing categories and added new ones and renamed the 2 tabs. New "Listing" tab still links to new categories, but new "Services" tab doesn't react to clicks. What went wrong here?
    It's hard to say what went wrong.. try to set search on the home page to no for services, then to yes again if you need it. Maybe cache problem

    If it's not solution pm me details to check

    Quote Originally Posted by Ang Jo jit View Post
    Hi all,
    4) For main categories with sub-categories, when I do an "add new listing", how to make the main categories expand (showing all sub-cats) by default?
    There is no option for this, it have to be changed in the code.

  6. #6
    Hi Mike,

    PM sent!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    If you about Location Finder plugin, which is on add/edit listing pages, there is a setting for default location. AP>Settings>LocationFinder
    If not please clarify where is it





    It's hard to say what went wrong.. try to set search on the home page to no for services, then to yes again if you need it. Maybe cache problem

    If it's not solution pm me details to check



    There is no option for this, it have to be changed in the code.

  7. #7
    Hi Mike,

    That's the one. Where can I find a list of countries to change it to? I tried to change to other country but I must have typed in incorrect format.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    If you about Location Finder plugin, which is on add/edit listing pages, there is a setting for default location. AP>Settings>LocationFinder
    If not please clarify where is it

  8. #8
    I have another question. I have some main categories and sub-categories. Main categories all have same sub-categories. Is there any shortcut that I can map the same sub-categories to other main categories (since all the sub-categories of different main categories are same name)?

    eg

    main category: vege fruits
    sub-cat: juice juice
    green green

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang Jo jit View Post
    I have another question. I have some main categories and sub-categories. Main categories all have same sub-categories. Is there any shortcut that I can map the same sub-categories to other main categories (since all the sub-categories of different main categories are same name)?
    There is no such feature in the script, you have to duplicate them or organize it different way somehow. Subcategories can be listing field for example + category filter to filter by the field. In this case you will not need to duplicate data.

  10. #10
    Hi Mike,

    Can you elaborate on the category filter? How do I use it for my purpose?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    There is no such feature in the script, you have to duplicate them or organize it different way somehow. Subcategories can be listing field for example + category filter to filter by the field. In this case you will not need to duplicate data.

+ Reply to Thread