+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Isn't this interesting

End of the day it's great software despite the few hiccups, but it's worth it in the long run and I doubt I would have been able to do what I have with my own site using other free and paid software.

We would all like to be making loads of money but things do take time, patience and effort with and without a budget. I run mine on limited money with no money for advertising but its still moving forward.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Austin View Post
    I initially found it impressive that under the forum "Licenses on sale" there were no licenses for sale. Hmm, everyone must be satisfied!

Today, I tried to post my license there for sale. Reason? Crappy tech support, (even the SLIGHTEST mod cost me $30 more! - after SEVERAL days of waiting!!!! All I wanted was for a banner to appear above the listings and for the phone number to display as a STANDARD U.S. phone number!!!! - even though they SAY your SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS gets you "3 months of free support" and "making minor changes to the Software that take no longer than 30 minutes."), plus, no real community in the forum that helps with problems, and general frustration trying to work with very hard coded software.

So, like I said, I would like to sell my license. (I would take $450 for it)

SO - I tried posting it for sale under "Licenses on sale".

Well what do you know - THAT forum is a moderated forum, and my post won't appear "until approved by a moderator". Either make that forum unmoderated like the others, or DELETE IT. It is misleading to the extreme. (the fact that no one was selling their license was one of the reasons I bought this software!!!!!)

For a month, I have been feeling ripped off and pissed off. Not ONCE has anyone said "Hi Marc, thanks for buying this software. Let us know if you need any help." Now today, on top of this MONTH of extreme frustration, all posts have gone from this forum. Yes, you can still search for posts, but that's not the same as seeing posts as threads... where you can see the complaints, problems and non-responses from Flynax "tech support".

It is also telling if you browse through "The portfolio" What are there - TWO OR THREE active flynax sites now?

I am assuming this post will disappear.... as might this forum soon.

Marc

p.s., there are things about this software I like a lot - it's just too bad their support is so piss poor.... I mean honestly, should those minor changes have cost me and ADDITIONAL $30? Maybe that was enough to buy some vodka... I don't know.
    Hi Marc, will you barter your Flynax licence with a vBulletin 4.x (brand new unbranded licence) + template PureV (also unbranded) ??

I have been waiting for over 4 months for modifications to be finished. I cant see them bothering to do it so we are looking at legal action in the UK which would enable us to be able to seize their Pay Pal account. They would also lose all their rebills from hosing.

I am absolutely sick of Flynax. We have lost quite a bit of money due to them.

As far as i can tell, since i am in this boat for 2 years now, they have grown quite a bit while maintaining the same staff and from here we have the circle. More customers, more tehnical issues, more customisations for the same number of developers wich in the end resulted in longer time for solving the issues + increase of the price of customisations.

Overall, the situation is still ok (compared with ilance for instance) for so many reasons and i will keep be in this boat becouse i see progress and willingness to improve the script (even if not all my ideeas do materialise in the actual changes).

One big problem (responsive design) is being addressed right now and this will make a difference in future becouse more and more users will navigate from mobile devices.

There are some big issues (for me at least) like one page account creation + one page submit listing (hopefully they will be added in flynax 5, but remains to be sean - i do have little hope for this) and olso categories atributes instead of fields, issues that will make the difference as easy of use for the users and more flexibility for us. I've sean this in my country where a new website was launched around the same time as i started with my old project and they had a fulminant growth exactly becouse of those functions mentioned.

Yes,

I agree with you that they are slow, and missed the deadline a lot of times.
    But overall, I think they are working hard and the responsive template is promising. I think they are getting better.

It has now been over 6 months from payment to have the properties and motors classified installed, custom templates and two XML feeds integrated and it still isn't finished.

Should I wait some more time for them to finish or should I take them to court?

I think they have forgotten. Have you been contacting asking for work progress or report?

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    I think they have forgotten. Have you been contacting asking for work progress or report?

Contact them all the time. They tell me it is being done and then it isnt. Got an email on Monday telling me that it would take a few more days and cost more for something they said they were doing months ago.

They lie so much they dont remember what was the last lie they said.

Its a shame you having these problems, i would stick with it before going to court.

I would say i have had good experiences with flynax. But i suppose not every case will be the same unfortunatly.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Quote Originally Posted by David Tainsh View Post
    It has now been over 6 months from payment to have the properties and motors classified installed, custom templates and two XML feeds integrated and it still isn't finished.

Should I wait some more time for them to finish or should I take them to court?
    based on this, i think you are right to be upset. after all, i bet that they asked for quite some cash....

+ Reply to Thread