+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm overlooking something, Remove Content Box

I'm overlooking something, Remove Content Box

I added a Content Box and a Banner to use for Google Adsense (I wasn't sure which to use). That didn't work because it placed the code in an iFrame which they don't like. So I deleted the Content Box and Banner. But the box is still visible on all pages (Bottom position). So currently there are no banners in the banners list in my admin panel, and the content box I made has been deleted and removed from the list.
    I'm missing something here. How do I remove the box that is visible on my website?

www.findyourclassic.com

Master
    Hello Frank,

Have you ever replaced the page cache?
    in Admin Panel -> Common -> Refresh (Press all button)
    Maybe it will disappear...

Hey Steffen. I have tried refreshing over a couple of days. Could it take more than a couple of days to refresh online?

Master
    Well in this case i would make it again already.
    If it goes away its ok.

Master
    For Google Adsense you can use Verification Code Plugin.
    This Plugin is good for custom code integration.

Master
    Do you have uninstall the banner plugin?

Great to know. I would like Adsense to cover the cost of my Adword ads.
    Tonight I will try to make a new box to see if it replaces the box that is sticking around. I had tried bring the box and banner from the trash can and then making them inactive, but same result.
    Thanks Steffen

@Frank if you create a banner box or a block and wish to insert Adsense, select Smarty type of block and paste the code in. I use banner boxes from different ad distributors and it works good.

//Morgan
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

Steffan
    I removed the banners plugin and the box went away. Thank you for your help. By the way, when adding code using the verification code plugin, it seems like my only options for placement are for header or footer. I tried just a minute ago and the ad block ended up below the footer. Ideally I would like to have the banner directly above the footer menu. Is there a way to do this with the plugin?

Hej Morgan.
    I did as you stated. As soon as the code is inserted into the box, it changes to read "iFrame" in red letters. After two weeks of waiting, no ads ever displayed. I checked the google adsense website and it seems that iFrame is frowned upon. I thought that maybe that was why no ads ever appeared.
    I have been to your site, so I know you know how to do it. I just have to figure out what I am doing wrong. MVH

Update. Started over....no problems this time. The ad appears with no iFrame problems.

+ Reply to Thread