+ Reply to Thread

Thread: User / contact details - User name instead of full name

Question User / contact details - User name instead of full name

Hello,

because of some requests, we want to show only the usernames of all accounts on their profile and listing pages.
    Some costumers wants this because of privacy issues.
    I tried to search it in the forum, but with no success.

What do we need to change, so that only the username is displayed on sellers info page and all other public pages?

Thanks and best regards
    Andreas

In account field inside admin panel, un-check the Add Page ( the field not visible to user ) / Detail Page ( the field details keyed by user hide from viewer ).

Hello,

we need the real name for billing etc, but it should not be visible for other users.

Please take a look at the screenshot.

@Flynax any solution to do that global on a site?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am replying to this instead of posting a new message because they are related.

I need the link under Dealers to be a Company name - and NOT the first name/last name....

SO - I added an account field "company" - made it required, selected both "Add a Page" and "detail page" but it is not showing up when I try to update the details.

What am I doing wrong?

I also would like the username to show up instead if the full name. Any solution for this?

This Works in 4.1 but backup your files first just in case.

If you go to /Includes/Classes/rlAccount.class.php and change line 668 from $data['Full_name'] = $data['First_name'] || $data['Last_name'] ? $data['First_name'] .' '. $data['Last_name'] : $data['Username']; to $data['Full_name'] = $data['Username']; This will show the user name in place of First/Last name

Or

To make it where the seller can define what is shown where First/Last name is shown.

1. Create Account Field with a key of seller_name (Key can be anything you want I'm using seller_name as example)
    2. Add this Account Field to the proper registration form
    3. Change line 668 from above to $data['Full_name'] = $data['seller_name'] ? $data['seller_name'] : $data['Username'];
    4. Open /templates/*Your_Template*/tpl/blocks/dealer.tpl
    5. Change line 45 to <td {*colspan="2"*} class="value first"><a title="{$lang.visit_owner_page}" href="{$dealer.Personal_address}">{$dealer.seller_name}</a></td>
    6. Run Database SQL Quary : UPDATE fl_accounts SET seller_name=username; (This will make the tag read the username until the user changes it.)
    Last edited by Jason Kitchens; August 24, 2013 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Kitchens View Post
    To make it where the seller can define what is shown where First/Last name is shown.

1. Create Account Field with a key of seller_name (Key can be anything you want I'm using seller_name as example)
    2. Add this Account Field to the proper registration form
    3. Change line 668 from above to $data['Full_name'] = $data['seller_name'] ? $data['seller_name'] : $data['Username'];
    4. Open /templates/*Your_Template*/tpl/blocks/dealer.tpl
    5. Change line 45 to <td {*colspan="2"*} class="value first"><a title="{$lang.visit_owner_page}" href="{$dealer.Personal_address}">{$dealer.seller_name}</a></td>
    6. Run Database SQL Quary : UPDATE fl_accounts SET seller_name=username; (This will make the tag read the username until the user changes it.)
    Hi Jason,

I have implemented what you said and it worked but I have found that when ‘sort’ is set to ‘list’ the first name and last name shows again.
    This happens when users change to list and then view another pages and return to the directory where it defaults back to ‘list’.
    Do you know how to fix this?

Cheers,
    Marty

+ Reply to Thread