+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: listing description served as meta description

Hybrid View

listing description served as meta description

how we can have the listing description served as meta description? becouse it is not.
    <meta content="" name="description">
    <meta content="" name="Keywords">

that apears when i view a listing instead of catching the listing description as it should?

if you look at page http://www.piese-laptop.ro/piese-lap...c840-3043.html

<title>Alimentator laptop Dell Latitude PA-9 Nou Dell Inspiron 2500, 4000, 8000, Latitude C610, C640, C810, C840</title> THIS IS FINE
    <meta content="IE=9" http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible">
    <meta content="Piese-laptop.ro" name="generator">
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
    <meta content="" name="description"> the listing description does not show and that is a SEO KILLER.
    <meta content="" name="Keywords">
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; May 17, 2013 at 09:19 PM.

Try to do following, login to the Admin Panel and go to your General category Edit page.

You will see there Listings Meta Descriptiong field - it allows to fill listing meta descriptions from the fields you want.
    So you need to add description field to there, if adding when you select field click on button doesn't work just add text
    {description_field_key} and save change.

Hope this is what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    Try to do following, login to the Admin Panel and go to your General category Edit page.

You will see there Listings Meta Descriptiong field - it allows to fill listing meta descriptions from the fields you want.
    So you need to add description field to there, if adding when you select field click on button doesn't work just add text
    {description_field_key} and save change.

Hope this is what you need.
    i select the category wich is the base for the rest of categories (wich contains all the block for listing) and when i click to select description field to be added as meta description nothing happens. field doesn't populate. so i added for both languages {description_field_key} and saved and after this, i checked again and there is no change. description is not used.

I have fixed function which adds field from drop down to input. And added correct field key to the input, it should work now.

It was supposed that you type correct field key (description1) in the place of my sample (description_field_key)

Fix is confirmed. Thanks

Mike F.

I have the same problem, can you tell me how I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Mike F.

I have the same problem, can you tell me how I can fix it.
    go to admin area. look for the main categories (for wich you added the blocks and wich serves as models to the rest of categories). click on it to edit it and on field metadescription add {description1} . that worked for me

as Petrache Nicolae says, but depends on what your description field key is, on my site its description_add, so i would advise checking the the field key for your description field.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Thanks, found it, working perfect.

Only one thing doesn't work for me, function which adds field from drop down to input.

Here is the fix to fix:
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    function which adds field from drop down to input.

open file admin/tpl/controllers/categories.tpl

there is javascript code ~315 line

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    replace one line as pointed with

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

+ Reply to Thread