+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really important info regarding PHP 5.3

Really important info regarding PHP 5.3

Hi all,
    Today I got weird signs all over my site and a message when trying to access admin panel that some functions was deprecated. In contact with my host I've got this message:

"The issue was caused by the fact that the server's default PHP version is PHP 5.3, while your application requires PHP 5.2 or lower to work properly.

I have now set the PHP version for your account to PHP 5.2 via the PHP Version Manager tool in cPanel and your website appears to be loading properly."

So what is the necessary steps to "upgrade" to PHP 5.3 or over?

//Morgan
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

Hello Morgan,

Would you please send me ftp access in PM and I will fix it ASAP. Needs some changes in 2-3 files. 5 minutes max
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hi all beware because your host have to have Zend Optimizer 3.0 installed otherwise you get Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4 in /home/xxxxx/public_html/includes/classes/rlNavigator.class.php on line 0.

//Morgan

Hey Morgan,

I've just checked your website and it seems like the problem is still there and I'm also with Siteground. Should I be worried?

MK Amani

No they told me that they would upgrade to 3.0 but they couldn't give me a time frame. The solution would be a vs server but that is like usd 68 a month.

//Morgan

@Victor,
    I have filed a ticket for this as the site has been down the whole day. I can't seem to get a time frame from my host regarding the new 3.0 version of Zend Optimizer so therefore pls revert and back-up the files you changed.

//Morgan

@Victor,
    I got this message from my host after spending a great deal of money on upgrading my account:

Our system administrators are checking this website:

http://www.zend.com/en/downloads/

They are not able to determine the Zend Engine v3.0 so that they could download it.

If you have this version as an archive, please upload it on your account and update this ticket.

Provide us with the exact place of the archive on your account afterwards.

What is going on? And where's the problem?

//Morgan

Ok it seems like the issue is resolved; In such case you already have Zend Guard Loader v3.3 which is over the requested version 3.0.0.

I have moved the php.ini file to php.ini-orig and the issue seems to be resolved.

//Morgan

Hi Morgan,

I have read the posts and it seems like the problem wasn't clarified. Does it mean that the sd server is fine for the script?

MK Amani

Only PHP 5.2.17 for the moment until Victor points out where the Zend Engine 3.0 are.

//Morgan

+ Reply to Thread