+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Displaying Seller Info optional on listing.

Yes Chris is right,

Fields dont show unless you add them via "Account Type Manage" "Build Fields" then select the Registration, Short or Search selection.

I have my sites set up like this and the Business name show great

Yeah, works great - and very cool! Now how do I make the Company name the link under dealers - and not the first name / last name?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Austin View Post
    Yeah, works great - and very cool! Now how do I make the Company name the link under dealers - and not the first name / last name?

Thanks!
    I think you would need to change that in the correct tpl file.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Ok for some reason not sure why but it seems a member cannot hide their name any more. It now shows the members name right at the top of the "Seller Info" tab.....

Where do I turn this off without editing the templates?

Hello Geoffrey,

I have checked code and user cannot hide their name. Needs some changes in tpl and in php too.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for taking a look at the template. I could change to the flatty template as it isn't showing on that template, except I like the auto_main_blue too much

My members will just have to grin and bear it I'm afraid.

Once again, thx Viktor for your great support!!!

hmmm I am glad to hear it but I didn't write nothing what can help you
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor,

Sometimes you may not have the answer we are looking for, but at least we get an answer. Not like a lot of other software producers.

I've been going to try the flatty template so maybe nows the time

Cheers

Hello Geoffrey,

Flatty template very nice template but you need more patience and please save your nerves while you learn it because it's some difficulty for understanding in styles
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Andree Gothe View Post
    Geoffrey, did you ever find out to solve this problem ?

I have the same problem with my users and really need a solution . I have only two user account types Business and Private , but i am not allowed to publish Private name or contact information and all Business users want and have to publish there information.
    The answer to this problem is simple in itself, First is to make the Fields not required / remove the required Astrix from the fields, then in info add a snippet saying to leave blank if not to be shown.

when you do this the name does not show up on the screen but the user name, for this who want to collect data this could be done by adding name and address Fields in the registration but not the form views and making them a required field.

Then put those required Fields above the set one in the build form option and put notes, required but not shown to the public, below that would be the original ones that would say optional use if required to show to the public.

+ Reply to Thread