+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Displaying Seller Info optional on listing.

Displaying Seller Info optional on listing.

There should be an option for the seller to be able to select whether he wants his information on his listing or not. As it is at the moment if it is mandatory to include your name and address in your account like it is on my site - the listing then includes this info on the listing page.

Not all people want to have their name and address listed on their listings.

Guru
    can you provide a link / image screen shot to your concern area but i am most sure you just need to make a few edits as it is not compulsory / but lets look n see first.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

If you go to edit the fields in question you should be able to choose if the field is shown or not, theres option to show on google map, add a page, details page.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

I cant really display am image of what Im asking Pete.

Every listing has a tab called "Seller Info" which shows the sellers name and address. In his profile he has the option to hide or show his email address. He does not have the option to hide his personal information - name and address.

If he chooses not to show his email address then anyone interested can message him through the site. If he chooses to give his telephone number in the ad then people can call him - but he has the choice as to whether he gives it.

But, when he becomes a member he gives his name and address and I think that should be personal information not to be given out in "Seller Info" unless he chooses it to be. At the moment the only way I can stop that info being given out is if I take those fields out of the Registration process or make those fields optional. But I want to know who is registering on my site and want them to be a required field during registration.

I dont want to have to edit the listing page. Just give the user the option during registration - "Publish users Name and Address?". And have it editable in Users Profile just like the "Publish users Email?"

Chris, I don't want anonymous members posting listings.
    Last edited by Geoffrey Doohan; May 3, 2013 at 01:20 PM.

Yeah i can see what your saying if you want to know who signs up to your site.

Without having customisation the only other thing i can think of is to hide the registration address for example from listing details, by using the explanation in my previous post, but then creating a address field for the actual listings aswell which is optional to fill in. The downside to this is they will be filling in address at registration and also add listing

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    Yeah i can see what your saying if you want to know who signs up to your site.

Without having customisation the only other thing i can think of is to hide the registration address for example from listing details, by using the explanation in my previous post, but then creating a address field for the actual listings aswell which is optional to fill in. The downside to this is they will be filling in address at registration and also add listing
    Chris is correct go to > AP > Accounts > Account fields >
    Then

Make a registration field available to Administrator only
    AP > Accounts > Account fields > Select a field > Click the Edit icon > Uncheck 'Show on Add a Page'
    || Make a registration field available to Administrator and ad owner only
    AP > Accounts > Account fields > Select a field > Click the Edit icon > Uncheck 'Show on Detail Page'

Once you have done that you could create a visible field that could be left as optional that the user could fill in, this would allow for what you want / if not there would be another way to fix this.
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 3, 2013 at 01:57 PM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Pete, yes had a look at that - and had missed it thx.

The problem also is that I want dealers to advertise and they may want their business info published (user account) on their Page. A simple - "Publish User info" option would solve all. What Im trying to do is make this as easy as possible to upgrade when it comes time - no additional changes need to be made to the software to upgrade it.

Geoffrey, did you ever find out to solve this problem ?

I have the same problem with my users and really need a solution . I have only two user account types Business and Private , but i am not allowed to publish Private name or contact information and all Business users want and have to publish there information.

Are you guys able to add an account field?

I tried adding the account field "Company Name" in the account fields area.... - selected Add A Page and Detail Page, but I don't see the new field showing up ANYWHERE! (either on the registration pages - OR the edit profile pages!) See attachments.....

GRRRRRRR!

I find it WEAK on the part of the software - that as a "Dealer" it doesn't have Company Name - rather displays First Name and Last name as the link to the COMPANY! Someone working as a DEALER (probably a manager - or salesperson, or peon!) - isn't going to want his/her First Name and Last name displaying!!!!

How do I add the company name to the profile page, then make THAT the link under dealers - and HIDE the first name / last name????

Each of these fields - first name / last name / address etc., should have the option to show or hide!

GETTING FRUSTRATED AND DISAPPOINTED.

2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marc Austin; July 6, 2013 at 01:38 PM.

have you added the field to the relevent registartion forms in admin/accounts/account types/build form, there add the new field

+ Reply to Thread