+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cache

Cache

Hello,

When i do a change on CSS, it takes so long to see the changes, like it was cached. I dont know how to flush cache and see the changes.

Thanks for any help !

Guru
    ? hard refresh = ctrl & F5
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

But sometimes ctrl+F5 cannot refresh cache. 99% ok but sometimes after refresh cache loads old files. after 2 -3 times refresh cache you cannot see your changes you should remove all compile files from: ftp://tmp>>compile folder. You shouldn't delete .htaccess file only.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hi viktor!

ok, i deleted content from compile folders, leaving .htaccess file only.

But now, i see the oldest cache version...

i tryed also, putting

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">

Master
    Hi Santiago

Login to admin panel and go to Common -> Refresh.
    Press all Buttons -> Recount, Rearrange, Update and Update.

And i hope all will be fine.

Best regards
    Steffen

Thanks guys! With yr advices, i found a way for clear cache.

Step 1. When i change CSS, IMG, i renamed like "style(number)" e.g: style5.css, every number por every test. Later i change in header.tpl the path, of course, i upload them all
    Step 2. I clear compile folder like Viktor said, and also do Steffen
    Last edited by Santiago B; April 28, 2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: dont see step3, dont know why.

Step 3. I refresh browser, and its done!, i can see the changes, is kind "tricky" for do it all por every change that i do, but now, it

Paul Williams

cache problem

yes, there appears to be a huge problem with caching , any changes we make to .css etc do not reflect on website even after cache clear in admin and C+F5 browser refresh.

this makes it incredibly hard to work - along with this , the people who installed Flynax did not setup mysql correctly or check their work after installation now we're left waiting before we can make any styles changes or add ANY content because .css doesn't work and tables are broken. Repeated emails get no response. Emails were coming in faster before we made payment.

Paul Williams
    We've posted a few times on this forum in an effort to get support , not a single response.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Williams View Post
    We've posted a few times on this forum in an effort to get support , not a single response.
    If you have a new version of flynax it comes with support based ticket system and that would be the best place to use / submit a ticket for system faults and errors, in regards the cache it can be that you may need to delete your browsing history as well as your f5 option to bring any new changes into play, but for the most part images changes etc are usually updated with a hard refresh.

+ Reply to Thread