+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Email marketing

Question Email marketing

Hi all - I'm looking for any general advice on email marketing + how it works with Flynax (I'm a non-technical user on a budget). Here is what I am looking to do:

1. Handle outbound email -- I've read there are issues with mass mailing from a PHP script being blocked as spam and one user recommended services like AuthSTMP, SendGrid, or Amazon Web Services. Anyone have any experience using those? What service do I actually need - SMTP gateway / smart host? or something else?

2. Create landing pages that are integrated with my Flynax site
    - so for example, I'll use email marketing software to create an offer
    - if user clicks, it will take them to a landing page hosted by Flynax
    - from the landing page, they may click a link to take them to register on my main Flynax website

3. Find marketing tools that work well with Flynax
    - if anyone is using email / inbound marketing tools with a Flynax site and figured out what works well, I'd be very appreciative
    - i've been looking at Unbounce, Contstant Contact, etc

4. Integration
    - anyone have any experience having some of the PHP functionality integrated with email marketing ... for example, 2 days before a user account is set to expire, Flynax sends list of users to email marketing program. Those become the target list for an email campaign... advantage of not using Flynax is the added marketing automation from the marketing software.

Any and all advice appreciated. If anyone is floating our there with a technical background and knows how to make this happen, I'm also looking to hire!

Thanks!

Reuben

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Levy View Post
    Hi all - I'm looking for any general advice on email marketing + how it works with Flynax (I'm a non-technical user on a budget). Here is what I am looking to do:

1. Handle outbound email -- I've read there are issues with mass mailing from a PHP script being blocked as spam and one user recommended services like AuthSTMP, SendGrid, or Amazon Web Services. Anyone have any experience using those? What service do I actually need - SMTP gateway / smart host? or something else?
    ? the system already has a news letter option that people may choose to opt in / out of so not sure why that could not be used ?

2. Create landing pages that are integrated with my Flynax site
    - so for example, I'll use email marketing software to create an offer
    - if user clicks, it will take them to a landing page hosted by Flynax
    - from the landing page, they may click a link to take them to register on my main Flynax website
    That option exists now in that in pages you can create any page / URL extension you want, given that you could create as many landing pages you wanted to, from there a simple link to your desired register option is all that would be needed.

3. Find marketing tools that work well with Flynax
    - if anyone is using email / inbound marketing tools with a Flynax site and figured out what works well, I'd be very appreciative
    - i've been looking at Unbounce, Contstant Contact, etc

4. Integration
    - anyone have any experience having some of the PHP functionality integrated with email marketing ... for example, 2 days before a user account is set to expire, Flynax sends list of users to email marketing program. Those become the target list for an email campaign... advantage of not using Flynax is the added marketing automation from the marketing software.
    the system can be set to xyz days to send an email before expiry, and the email body can be edited at any time, so in effect this is already in place.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

+ Reply to Thread