+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems with item count and listings viewable

Exclamation Problems with item count and listings viewable

When you load the site it should have the total number of listings next to each category eg. Homepage "Category Name" (12). However sometimes when the website loads the number of listings next to the categories appear as '0' listings even though there are definitely items in the categories.

Also when a user goes to the home page it automatically comes up with a united-states version. This shouldnt appear and is it possible to set to one location when someone views the site rather than via their ip address?

Any help would be appreciated.

Howzit Jude, concerning the count, did you notice that problem when using the same computer or did it occur on different ones? Did you try deleting cookies and clearing the cache of the web browser? That is on the user hand.
    On the admin side you should try AP > Refresh > Recount number of listings for each categories and update system cache.

And for the location, I am not too sure but I would suggest you to try AP > Data Entries > Location (when you click manage it gives you an option to select a default location)

I hope it will help.

MK Amani.

We have a cron job that was set up for our site, we are just hoping this is causing problems with the site.

We do not have any countries activated except 1 and people going to the main website address seem to go to the united-states version (even though this is disabled) The 1 country activated is already set to default and does not appear automatically.

Please advise.. people are going to our site and not seeing any listings because the url is changing to different areas (eg united-states). Shouldnt it only show the one country activated?

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    We have a cron job that was set up for our site, we are just hoping this is causing problems with the site.

We do not have any countries activated except 1 and people going to the main website address seem to go to the united-states version (even though this is disabled) The 1 country activated is already set to default and does not appear automatically.

Please advise.. people are going to our site and not seeing any listings because the url is changing to different areas (eg united-states). Shouldnt it only show the one country activated?
    why don't you just disable the countries data entry and rather create a location data entry? and for that location, using the Multi-field/Geo filtering plugin you can customize it with your country regions.

Thanks for your reply katete, we may have found an easier way to fix the problem. In Configurations you can disable the "location autodetection", so hopefully this will show our country only, rather than where their ip resides.

It's my pleasure, hope it works well for you.

why this kind of cron job so necessary probably for 90% of the clients is not provided? Manually actualize the counting of classifieds that are shown beside categories should be just automatic...

Quote Originally Posted by Fulvio Di stefano View Post
    why this kind of cron job so necessary probably for 90% of the clients is not provided? Manually actualize the counting of classifieds that are shown beside categories should be just automatic...
    It should be automatically done the counting job. I think manually clicking on refresh is very inconvenient.

+ Reply to Thread