+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem uploading pictures

Exclamation Problem uploading pictures

This is my problem with the Auto template. After selecting upload the enable number counter just keeps going up. Went up to around 20k then I had to click on another page link to stop it. Lost all my previous information. Tried this twice and got the same result. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I had this problem before and Mike told me it was due to memory limitation on the server but I don't know what he did to actually fix it in the end. So I suggest you file a ticket.

//Morgan
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

I'll do that. Thanks for your help.

Does anyone know how to do this (increase memory limitation) without creating a ticket? I am having the same problem, and other problems with the photo uploading which are probably due to memory.

Hello Frank,

exist 2 way for it:

1. if you have access for php.ini file you can change it yourself manually. Open php.ini file find memory_limit and increase it to 256M or more
    2. If you haven't access for php.ini file you should contact with your hosting support. They must increase it for you.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hello Frank,

I have implemented new upload system and it should work properly for now.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor,
    I have this issue as well, and increasing the memory limit 768M hasn't fixed it.

If you have implemented a solution, can you tell us what it is, or how we can get it?

Thank you.

Hello Jonathan Solomon,

New upload system crop big images and upload to server with size 300-400 Kb that's why no needs increase memory limit
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor,
    I can only upload jpeg photos that are at most 128KB. Any bigger and the file won't upload. The counter next to the word "enabled" just keeps going up and it never stops (like described by OP).

I am using V4.1.0.
    Is the newest upload code in this release?

My php info is:
    memory_limit 1024M
    post_max_size 32M
    upload_max_filesize 8M

Please advise how to enable larger images to be uploaded.

Thank you,
    Jon

Never mind. I found there is an issue with my Apache configuration that was limiting uploads to 128KB even though php limited it to 8MB. All good now.

+ Reply to Thread