+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to make intelligent sub search bars ?

Red face How to make intelligent sub search bars ?

Hi Guys/ Girls,

I am using the classified software but im also setting up an auto section in the search bar for users convenience. I have entered all makes of European cars in the Data Entries and have a search form made for that section. I would love to have a box open next to it for the models for each make. I looked through the demo admins in the auto software to see how do this but to no avail. I can do it but all models for all cars come up in the drop-down rather than models just to that specific chosen make. Here is a picture of the section from the auto software that i need to recreate. As i said i can already do it but i need the second box on make/Model to restrict drop-down just the models of that make. I know im confusing everybody ... Sorry

Niall

question.jpg

Did you create a new listing type for your auto section?

Go to admin

If so if you go to listing type and choose to edit. Then scroll down to the search settings section. There will be a option category multi selection, click that then a box will appear for how many levels you want, type 2

I think that's how you do it if that's what you are after
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Thanks Chris, that makes sense and i just found that thanks to you but so where will set up that second data entry . For example i have all Makes of car in a dropdown and how do i bind the the models with each make. Do list them as a data entry and then where. Maybe the auto is slightly different then the classified software. I assumed they use the same backend. BTW your site looks awesome, hope it goes well for you.

I think you can use geo filter plugin for that, if you are using it as data entries. I think I would have done it all using categories, I suppose it depends how you want it
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

+ Reply to Thread