+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to add a Field 1-Time for all Categories

Talking How to add a Field 1-Time for all Categories

Is there any way to add a field to all categories without modyfing them one by one?

For example:

I've created 3 New Fields with MultiField Geo

1)Country
    2)State
    3)City

How can I add in one shot these new fields to every category?

Trought MySQL? If yes how?

I Acually have to add these 3 Fields and with 100 Car Brands (Categories) It takes quite a lot manually.

And also......

Is there any way to import in one shot all Keywords and Meta Data? I dont know.. trought and XLS file

Thx!
    Free Classifieds in Playa del Carmen. Tulum, Cancun & Mexico! Soon Online!! www.buscoenplaya.com Facebook: /buscoenplaya Twitter:@buscoenplaya

Hello Matteo,

You can do general category and then build fields only for this category and all other categories will take fields from general.

For create general category you should go to Admin Panel >> Listings Types find your type (for you it's Autos I think) click edit icon
    Then find Category Settings >> General Category and select any category and save. Then build selected category and all other categories in this type will take his fields.
    Notice: When you will build general category other categories should be without fields because if other category will have fields system cannot put fields from general to other categories with fields.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Thanks' Viktor,

So anyway i should delete all the fields manually as the come pre built right?

I'll think about it lol, sometimes is going to be faster just adding these 3 new fields than deleting one by one for each Brand (Category).

Thx!
    Free Classifieds in Playa del Carmen. Tulum, Cancun & Mexico! Soon Online!! www.buscoenplaya.com Facebook: /buscoenplaya Twitter:@buscoenplaya

Hello Matteo,

So anyway i should delete all the fields manually as the come pre built right?
    Yes you should delete all fields manually. Or you can delete it from database. Run this command TRUNCATE TABLE `fl_listing_relations` (where fl_ it's your tables prefix).
    And then build your general category.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor,

I have a similar requirement.

I have created the following:

"Test Listing type"

Test Category
    Test Sub Category 1
    Test Sub Category 2
    Test Sub Category 3

I created the above and then set the "general category" setting for "Test listing type" to "Test category". Then using form builder I added few fields to "Test category". But I dont see the fields in the Test sub category 1, 2 and 3. These sub categories should Inherit the "Test category" right?

I also clicked all the buttons in the AP > Common > Refresh.

Can you please suggest what could be the problem?

Thanks
    Surya

UPDATE:
    I am able to see the fields in the front-end (while adding a new listing for a sub-category) but the Inherited fields are not automatically shown in the Sub Category form builder? Is this Normal?

Thanks
    Surya

Hello Surya,

you want see fields from parent or general category you shouldn't add any fields for sub categories. When you go to build subcats in admin panel it should be empty in left side. But if you add 1 or more fields for subcat in add listing(frontend) you will see this fields but not from parent or from general category.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread