+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: limit the number of free ads at any one time ?

Can't implement code please help

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemoid Wilson View Post
    Can't implement code please help
    Kemoid, I did not impliment the code, what i done was set up a limit on the number of times the free option could be used in one year, this gives people an average number of times it can be used over the 12 months, once they are gone they are gone.

it may not be the best way to do it, but it does give me a balance where the smaller biz and mom and pops can place their free ads, big business or people who want to push massive ads, its time to pay the fiddler man.

well that will be the plan at this stage but i have a lot of building now to do with the site, most stuff i am getting now is spam so i delete it out.
    Last edited by Pete Young; February 20, 2021 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Kemoid, I did not impliment the code, what i done was set up a limit on the number of times the free option could be used in one year, this gives people an average number of times it can be used over the 12 months, once they are gone they are gone.

it may not be the best way to do it, but it does give me a balance where the smaller biz and mom and pops can place their free ads, big business or people who want to push massive ads, its time to pay the fiddler man.

well that will be the plan at this stage but i have a lot of building now to do with the site, most stuff i am getting now is spam so i delete it out.
    You don't understand. Every time I copy and paste your code I keep getting a mysql error
    mysql_error.jpg

Guru
    ? what code are you copy and pasting buddy ? can you please show me from where / what ?

thanks
    Last edited by Pete Young; February 20, 2021 at 01:01 PM.

I don't know how you edited the code can you please help me

Guru
    Kermoid, I unclear, how i edited what code where, I have no idea on what you are talking about and it why I asked you to show me / a link / description of exactly what you are talking about.

I have expalined i did not add the code above but limited my free package to a number, this is a system setting that requires no change to any codes, as above if you can show me what your trying to do with what code I might be able to clarify.
    Last edited by Pete Young; February 20, 2021 at 01:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread