+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picture size

Picture size

Hello,

How to limit the size of the uploaded pictures ?

Thanks a lot.

Hello

You should contact with your hosting support for that because it's system config of your server. Ask about parameter upload_max_filesize (in megabytes).

But if you want you may create a ticket with request about (implement new uploader for images) and we will implement new uploader system for images and image size will not matter because javascript create new image like original but with 300kb only and then upload on server
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hello,
    Is there any error message if the size is bigger than upload_max_filesize ?

Hey Vik, is there any chance for a screen shot of the new uploader cause many of my customers is having problems due to that they don't really grasp to press upload below the thumb as it is today.

//Morgan
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    But if you want you may create a ticket with request about (implement new uploader for images) and we will implement new uploader system for images and image size will not matter because javascript create new image like original but with 300kb only and then upload on server
    This sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Bohman View Post
    Hey Vik, is there any chance for a screen shot of the new uploader cause many of my customers is having problems due to that they don't really grasp to press upload below the thumb as it is today.

//Morgan
    Lol totally agree with you, its amazing how many users struggle to upload images, or resize images to below max file size and also how many dont fully complete the listing process.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post

Lol totally agree with you, its amazing how many users struggle to upload images, or resize images to below max file size and also how many dont fully complete the listing process.
    Yes, I had about 90 new listings in 2-3 days times and I guess 10% of them was not completed and I had to send extra instructions as it turned out to be just the uploading stage that prevented them to fulfill the listings. As it is right now, I'm thinking of two things: get a decent FAQS page, if Flynax will :-) and, maybe not so much helping out to upload images, but I was thinking in a preloaded message in their message inbox. Wonder if that could be done? Just, together with the email, saying that I'm glad that they joined my site and if there are some problem, send an email from this link to our support.
    But I am also looking to reduce the steps for adding a listing, it's way to many stages right now, could be done in one single page I guess.

//Morgan
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Bohman View Post
    Yes, I had about 90 new listings in 2-3 days times and I guess 10% of them was not completed and I had to send extra instructions as it turned out to be just the uploading stage that prevented them to fulfill the listings. As it is right now, I'm thinking of two things: get a decent FAQS page, if Flynax will :-) and, maybe not so much helping out to upload images, but I was thinking in a preloaded message in their message inbox. Wonder if that could be done? Just, together with the email, saying that I'm glad that they joined my site and if there are some problem, send an email from this link to our support.
    But I am also looking to reduce the steps for adding a listing, it's way to many stages right now, could be done in one single page I guess.

//Morgan
    wish i was getting 90 listings in 2-3 days lol. I agree with the FAQs being changed, think its been discussed in a previous post somewhere. Yeah i was looking at how to reduce steps in add listing, not sure if they could get it down to one page though, but would be happier with 3/4 steps, suppose you could merge add felds/images/video into one step
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

I also think all should be done on in one step.

Gonna try to make it my self but i dont think it's easy to fix without running in to problems.
    Classifieds Site: Annonssida
    Other Site: SEO

Would it be possible to limit the size of uploaded pictures in 4.3? It's odd because I can do it with 1 click in Vbulletin forum script.
    P/S: Nevermind, just check with online support and they confirmed there is no such feature in 4.3, have to contact host support whenever you want to change
    Last edited by Wei Hong; March 3, 2014 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    we will implement new uploader system for images and image size will not matter because javascript create new image like original but with 300kb only and then upload on server
    this would be nice to have by default in the script

+ Reply to Thread