+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add more "Box places" - Top left, right, bottom left, right

Add more "Box places" - Top left, right, bottom left, right

Working on a small project on my site and im wondering how i can add more box places.

I want to add 4 more box places. Just like Middle left and Middle right but Top left, Top right and Bottom left and Bottom right.

And also while im adding more box places add one that goes above main content that are right under the menu.
    Just like Simple theme have (http://general.demoflynax.com/?templ...l_simple_green)

Hello Peter,

I show you how to add 1 new block position for example header

go to your database>>blocks click Structure find field 'Side' we should add new item for that ,'header' for example save and close.

then go to ftp://libs>>system.lib.php
    find array:

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    in end of this array add new item:

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    save and close.
    Then go to ftp://templates>>your_template>>tpl>> if you want to add it in header open header tpl, if you want add it in footer open footer.tpl

and add code where you want see this block

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    then go to Admin Panel >> Languages click add new phrase and write in key 'header' in value any value. Save and check.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Ok, so i have added everything in your example and where i want the header box to appear.

I go to my content box and choose "header" then i save it.
    I go to the page to look and there is nothing.

I go back and see that it says "Null" under Side

Hello Peter,

Did you added in database>>blocks in field 'Side' new item with key 'header'?
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Ye, sorry forgot to say that i fixed it. The problem was i named it 'heade'. Forgot the r

Thanks for the help =)

im trying to figure this out.... is this just in the admin section? cuz im trying to add my facebook content box into my footer..

I go to database, then I just see sql box, then code in there.... can you please explain in a little further detail where do I go?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Ellis View Post
    im trying to figure this out.... is this just in the admin section? cuz im trying to add my facebook content box into my footer..

I go to database, then I just see sql box, then code in there.... can you please explain in a little further detail where do I go?

I guess they meant SQL Database through PhpMyAdmin in your website Cpanel. try to have a look

Great tutorial!
    Thanks Viktor for this important clues

Does this work with the boat flatty? 'cause I cant find the Side block in phpadmin

Hello Wei Hong,

Side block position it means left in database
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread