PDA

View Full Version : site updates and repairs through the ticket system only

Pete Young
January 16, 2013, 10:19 PM
Right now upset over some fixes being applied to the site it is going from bad to worse and the fix seems hurried and now at a point of not happy at all, I think rather than do fixes on the fly and to avoid people getting things into a mess why do you not have all people log a repair through your ticket system rather than randomly hand out ftps etc here. Also you would have a complete log of what is happening in one place.

not real happy and for the only updates and repairs will be through a ticket.

Viktor
January 17, 2013, 03:51 AM
Hello Pete Young,

I have fixed problem with upload images through admin panel and I or may be other flynax staff will fix it through ticket system too.
Did you try to click ctrl+f5 for clear browser cache? And check it again.

What is wrong on your site right now. Let us know.

did you give ftp access to other people from forum?

Chris Brown
January 17, 2013, 05:15 PM
I would suggest if you ever have a issue/bug to always use the flynax ticket system and not the forum. I would say the ticket system is the official route to take and things will get fixed much quicker there.

The forum does get the odd bug fix code and small modifications/customisation code, but only do these if you feel you can successfully do these yourself. If not contact flynax to make the change. Also if you do try these yourself always take a backup copy of the file you are changing so you can always revert back if you mess it up.

Plus never give ftp access unless to official flynax team member.

Morgan Bohman
January 17, 2013, 06:41 PM
Yeah agree with Chris, if you are not confident with what you are doing, leave it to the Flynax boys.

Pete Young
January 17, 2013, 09:57 PM
Yes thanks guys, I agree with letting the ticket system fix it, being new I thought this was an official channel but it is not, although the fix worked the rest of the site now is full of errors and it is like a house of cards falling down. I now need to wait until it is removed and reloaded from scratch and then I need to start work again from the start.

I suppose these things happen, I was happy for the help here but, it should be a big sticky here to get updates only done through the ticket system and to never give any one here information.

Pete Young
January 17, 2013, 10:05 PM
Hello Pete Young,

I have fixed problem with upload images through admin panel and I or may be other flynax staff will fix it through ticket system too.
Did you try to click ctrl+f5 for clear browser cache? And check it again.

What is wrong on your site right now. Let us know.

did you give ftp access to other people from forum?

Thanks Viktor yes the f5 fixed things, and all is well there, not your fault but there seems to be a number of other problems in another area and this seems to be maybe one of those one in a million installs that must go wrong, so the whole site will be stripped and reinstalled so we are not falling over fixing the next thing. I appreciate your help.

Pete

Morgan Bohman
January 18, 2013, 05:17 AM
Just don't forget to set our ftp tool to binary transfer, not to auto or anything other. This could cause "funny" things to happen when you upload your script to your server. Good luck Pete.
For th PHP editing tool, I recommend that you invest in a proper tool with syntax check. I use DreamWeaver but there are others, maybe your host has got some already installed. Then for checking things and adjust CSS styles, colors, widths etc. use inspector in Safari or in Chrome (Tools for developers). In this way don't damage the code until you download, edit and upload again.

//Morgan