PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade the news with categories to create news/blog system

Andreas_M
January 15, 2013, 09:00 PM
Hello Flynax,

I would be just great, if we can create categories at news plugin, where we can add our postings in. With that, we would be able to build news and informations with one part of software. It would be a little bit better to manage content and news. So we can have news category and a blog category.

It would be also great, if we could create and manage categories with our pages at admin panel.

How do you think about and do other flynax user think about?

Chris Brown
January 15, 2013, 09:25 PM
Yeah i agree, i would love to be able to place each news article in a specific category, I would also love it if it was possible to create blocks to display around the website where you can choose which news category goes in it. for example i have auto classifieds, so would be great to display car news in the used car section, motorbike news in the used bike section etc

John
January 16, 2013, 03:42 AM
Hello Guys,
Yes it is good idea and we already have such point in our TODO for next version, also we will take into account your
suggestions in this thread. Go ahead and share your ideas, let's do the news manager better in the next Flynax version.

PS. Now we have:
1. News categories /manager in admin panel and categories sections on the news page/ (Andreas' idea)
2. Ability to create blocks with news by specific category (Chris' idea)

John

Peter Jonsson
January 16, 2013, 06:15 AM
I would like it to look nicer, more like wordpress.
Right now i use blogspot to handle my news.

Hareesh Ghanta
June 16, 2013, 05:57 PM
Hello Team,
Could you please do let me know the News plugin name.I dont see as part of the plugins listed.

Wei Hong
August 24, 2015, 03:26 AM
Is the plugin dropped already? This is a great idea.

John
August 24, 2015, 05:18 AM
Hi there,
We are going to release the Wordpress Bridge plugin this week, the first version will have:
1. Cross accounts sync. tool
2. Listing box widget in wordpress admin panel
3. Latest posts box from wordpress on Flynax

We are going to add automatic design integration to the further plugin update.

John

Wei Hong
August 24, 2015, 07:15 AM
this is the best news of the weeks. Thanks John

Wei Hong
September 3, 2015, 03:59 AM
Hi John, what is the status of the plugin. I actually only care about the Latest Posts box from wordpress on Flynax, I think it would be cool to have all news from wordpress to be showed on flynax

John
September 3, 2015, 04:06 AM
Hello Guys,
I am sorry for the delay with the plugin release, next week the plugin will be available for sure!

John

Wei Hong
September 3, 2015, 06:03 AM
Hello Guys,
I am sorry for the delay with the plugin release, next week the plugin will be available for sure!

John
Got it, thank you for your confirmation.

Wei Hong
September 14, 2015, 03:44 AM
Hi John, how is the plugin going so far?

John
September 14, 2015, 11:17 AM
Hello Wei,
The Wordpress Bridge plugin contains from two parts, Flynax Plugin and Wordpress plugin. Both plugins are ready
but we are still waiting until WO Support add our plugin to the WP Plugins database, I hope this week we will release it.

Don't think that we forget about this plugin, we are going to release it ASAP.

John

Wei Hong
September 14, 2015, 02:21 PM
Hello Wei,
The Wordpress Bridge plugin contains from two parts, Flynax Plugin and Wordpress plugin. Both plugins are ready
but we are still waiting until WO Support add our plugin to the WP Plugins database, I hope this week we will release it.

Don't think that we forget about this plugin, we are going to release it ASAP.

John

Thank you for blazing fast reply John,

It keeps us at peace. Just for your reference, I think most of us want the same thing, to have wordpress blog posts with thumbnail pictures shows on flynax page. The functioning of cross-registering is not important.

John
September 23, 2015, 08:12 AM
Hello Guys,
We finally released the WordPress bridge, all details is here: http://blog.flynax.com/2015/wordpress-bridge-plugin.html

John

Tinashe Nyabako
September 23, 2015, 12:54 PM
I have installed the plugin and faced the following errors:

1. The plugin causes a blank main content section in the UI of the user end
2. The Wordpress plugin causes similar error in the wordpress UI user end
3. Cannot add different listing type product in the add listing page after disabling the plugin

What could be the problem?

Wei Hong
September 23, 2015, 02:39 PM
This is the best news of the day. I'm gonna try it out tomorrow.
Thank you

Wei Hong
September 24, 2015, 02:39 AM
How do i locate the path to add in admincp? My wordpress is installed in www.domain.com/info/ and i tried to put /info/ or info, it said it couldn't find it. I also installed the wordpress bridge in my wordpress

Wei Hong
September 24, 2015, 02:56 AM
I think I found the path, its /home/username/public_html/info, but as soon as I pressed save, it give mysql error

Alan Wake
September 24, 2015, 09:44 AM
Please submit a ticket and we'll look into the issue.

Wei Hong
September 24, 2015, 02:50 PM
Please submit a ticket and we'll look into the issue.

I just did, thanks Alan