PDA

View Full Version : Android (Smart Phone) app

Tonci Ercegovic
January 15, 2013, 07:21 AM
Hello Flynax

This summer I was informed that you are working on the application for Android devices. It was told to me that is expected to be issued in september. Any news about that?

Thanks

Viktor
January 15, 2013, 08:22 AM
Hello Tonci,

Sorry for the delay. Our developers are working very hard on it now, and they told me that they will finish in 2 months maximum. ;)

Sui soon Chua
February 4, 2013, 07:56 PM
This is great. Keep me informed on this update and the license part.

Tonci Ercegovic
February 11, 2013, 10:49 AM
Good to hear that. It will be great.

Vincent Kelly
February 20, 2013, 05:59 PM
Good Examples of Smart Phone Apps www.adverts.ie or www.donedeal.ie

Hosam Alghamdi
February 27, 2013, 05:36 AM
I need this app so bad ,,everyone now uses smart phones surfing the internet the iphone app in just one week has generated more users than the site did in 2 months

Hosam Alghamdi
March 30, 2013, 08:17 AM
the 2 months are over and we r still waiting ? any news !!

John
June 18, 2013, 06:00 AM
Hi guys,
Here we go! The FlyDroid (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flynax.flydroid) 1.0 version has been finished!
The major features are: browse, search, view listing details and contact owners of your website.
Now are are working on the account are, well in the next upgrade user will be able to add listings, photos and so on.

The application details are here: http://www.flynax.com/android-application.html

We are waiting your comments and feature requests here.

John

Morgan Bohman
June 18, 2013, 02:34 PM
Hi John, is there something you have to do with your web site as can not resolve host name appears all the time regardless http:// www or domain.com.

John
June 19, 2013, 03:59 AM
Hello Morgan,
Could you send me the screenshot of the error on our website?

John

Morgan Bohman
June 19, 2013, 04:27 AM
Hi John, if I could find out how to take a screen shot with my tablet, I would but the app is loading fine, test or demo site is working but can not resolve host when adding my url. Maybe you could test my site?

//Morgan

John Reid
June 19, 2013, 01:40 PM
Hey Morgan,

You also need the FlyDroid Plugin installed similar to the iFlynax Connect plugin but for Android devices, which doesn't look to be posted in the plugin section yet. :)

Hope this helps.

John

Chris Brown
June 19, 2013, 10:00 PM
Hey Morgan,

You also need the FlyDroid Plugin installed similar to the iFlynax Connect plugin but for Android devices, which doesn't look to be posted in the plugin section yet. :)

Hope this helps.

John

I was just looking for this plugin but also couldnt find it. To be honest dont know why i was looking as i dont have an android phone to test it LOL

John Reid
June 20, 2013, 03:14 AM
I was just looking for this plugin but also couldnt find it. To be honest dont know why i was looking as i dont have an android phone to test it LOL

I hear ya Chris, I'm in the opposite boat. Got rid of all my Apple devices and moved over to Android and installed iFlynax the other day and no way to test it. :( lol
I hope they think about making a Windows App. Picked up a Microsoft Surface Tab and it is sweet. I can see a lot of people moving to a Windows 8 tablet. So many more options. :) But I'm a Microsoft Junkie. ;)

John

John
June 20, 2013, 04:18 AM
Hi Guys,
Yea the AndroidConnect plugin is required to connect to your websites, we are working on
plugin release and it will be available for downloading today, hold on please :)

John

John
June 20, 2013, 10:54 AM
Hi there!
We have released the Android Connect (http://www.flynax.com/plugins/androidconnect.html) plugin as I promised and you already can install it BUT!
The plugin requires one more file in your admin directory and one new line of the code,
let me guide you what to do:

1. Add the "request.ajax.php" to the root of your admin panel directory.
2. Open "/admin/index.php" file and add the following code line:

$rlHook -> load('apPhpIndexBeforeController');
before this line:

/* define controller */
if ( ($_SESSION['sessAdmin']['rights'][$cInfo['Key']] || $_SESSION['sessAdmin']['type'] == 'super') || $controller == 'home' )

That is all, now your website is ready for Android Application requests.
Let me now if you have any problems with the update or plugin.

John

Katete Amani
June 20, 2013, 01:05 PM
Hey John,

I have followed the steps and the application is working indeed, there are a few more things to add but for now the application is not complete yet it looks great. :)

John
June 20, 2013, 01:20 PM
Hello Katete,
Thanks, we will add account area and new features to the application as soon as possible.

John

Katete Amani
June 20, 2013, 01:23 PM
Alright John, thanks for keeping the good work going.

Jaco Du plessis
February 16, 2015, 01:47 PM
Hello John,

I already have Android connect and i'm trying to upgrade to the new version in order get the improved features, however how do i go about upgrading to the new version? I have replaced request.ajax file as you said and added the code to the admin/index.php file, but my android connect says there are no upgrades available on my server.

Thanks in advance
Jaco.

Baris Torun
March 22, 2017, 02:35 PM
Hello john, My Web site 4.5.2 (boatinturkey.com) now and I can not enter to android app by my phone,
can you tell me what I have to do solve this problem....

It says when enter my domain "cant resolve host"

Thanks
Baris

John
March 23, 2017, 08:09 AM
Hello Baris,
Make sure you have the Android Connect plugin installed and updated to the latest version:
https://www.flynax.com/plugins/android-connect.html

John