PDA

View Full Version : In a State

Pete Young
January 10, 2013, 10:19 PM
Hello a quick question please, in the set up of a new site / also in the example there is a section with the states of USA ( data base ) but no where have I been able to find where this is being used in the example site.

I am guessing if you select America as a country then ? in the states section the states is populated with the American states drop down list ? but to date I have not been able to find this or any example of it working and any heads up would be appreciated.

On a related note how does it work when a customer wishes to advertise say in several states at the one time ? in a similar way that they can now advertise in several categories / is this possible / if so any examples anywhere

Thanks
Pete

Chris Brown
January 10, 2013, 11:14 PM
I am guessing if you select America as a country then ? in the states section the states is populated with the American states drop down list ? but to date I have not been able to find this or any example of it working and any heads up would be appreciated.

The 'states' you refer to will likely be in admin panel / data entries,

There will be a listing field/account field that is set up that is linked to these states, but this doesnt work in the way of you choose America as country and then it auto populates the states, they are 2 seperate fields. For that you would need the multifield/geo filtering plugin.

Pete Young
January 11, 2013, 04:04 AM
Thanks Chris