PDA

View Full Version : Forms

Pete Young
January 6, 2013, 08:40 AM
Hello, being all brand new to the flynax system I am having a little trouble understanding the forms section ? category form / listing title form / short form and featured form.

It should be easy but if i could get a layman's version of what these sections are for and where and how to use them it would be great, I have read the guide but am at a loss to when I should use one and why and so forth, probably easy but any heads up would be appreciated.

Pete

Morgan Bohman
January 6, 2013, 09:01 AM
Hello, being all brand new to the flynax system I am having a little trouble understanding the forms section ? category form / listing title form / short form and featured form.

It should be easy but if i could get a layman's version of what these sections are for and where and how to use them it would be great, I have read the guide but am at a loss to when I should use one and why and so forth, probably easy but any heads up would be appreciated.

Pete

Listing Title is what's showing at the top of your listings, normally Title

Short is what you see in the grid of listings, you could set this to Title, Headline, Description and price, featured are the same.

The forms are made up with you fields groups which you can make of your own. Like Place, Price etc. Just drag the field group into your category and then add the listing fields into the groups by clicking on your category, build form.

//Morgan

Pete Young
January 6, 2013, 11:37 AM
Listing Title is what's showing at the top of your listings, normally Title

Short is what you see in the grid of listings, you could set this to Title, Headline, Description and price, featured are the same.

The forms are made up with you fields groups which you can make of your own. Like Place, Price etc. Just drag the field group into your category and then add the listing fields into the groups by clicking on your category, build form.

//Morgan

thanks Morgan the listing title now makes sense and I will spend a few hours going over the defualt settings to understand it a bit further
Pete

off topic why are we having to fill in captcha to make posts / reply etc ? is this normal when logged in ?

Chris Brown
January 6, 2013, 02:18 PM
off topic why are we having to fill in captcha to make posts / reply etc ? is this normal when logged in ?

hmmm thats new, didnt used to be like that, flynax may have changed it.