PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner Code For Flynax Software Please

Daniel
June 9, 2010, 09:21 AM
Hi,

I hope Flynax can clean up its source code and database. As I bought 4 different versions of Flynax (boat, auto, real estate, and classified), I noticed that all Flynax source codes are based on Reefless' Boat Classified. You can still see something that originally belongs to Reefless Boat's source code and database in the other 3 software. I have nothing against that. But is it possible to slowly cleaning up the codes (e.g. naming that is based on Reefless is modified to specific version of software)?

Another example is when I imported the local database for Real Estate software to replace the default United States database, the key in the data format is still us_states instead of the name of the new country.

And if you take a look at location field group in real estate software, you'll see that the key is called boat_location. Boat in realty software? :roll:

I don't know why Flynax did it this way. Probably to save time. I can understand.

But in the future, let's say if I want to make modification to the software by adding United States back to the database, everything would be messy and confusing for the programmer especially if I want to use us_states as the key in data format for United States which is already taken by another country.

What Flynax is doing can save time now but not in the future as a programmer modifying the source code would get confused. As a programmer, I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks.

John
June 14, 2010, 05:47 AM
Dear Daniel,
You are absolutely right, some phrases keys still contains 'boat' word as part of key.
We will clear it up in one of new software version.
Thank you for your notice!

John

Daniel
June 15, 2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks!

Currently, not that urgent.

If given a choice, I'd rather have you guys working on very important feature - that is getting members' IP logged when they signed up, the IP address where the post was made is logged, ability to block IP address, etc. Check out the IP features in this PHPBB forum. It would be nice if we could have something like that in Flynax software.

Thanks again!