PDA

View Full Version : Remote Adverts plugin shows Invisible listing (bug)

PGGO
December 24, 2012, 09:49 AM
When you select any listing to be Invisible; the Remote Adverts are still showing up this listing on third party website.

Mike
December 24, 2012, 10:14 AM
Thank you for reporting it, i've fixed the issue in our working version.
If you want this to be fixed before the plugin update on your site, please provide me with access details.

Andreas_M
December 24, 2012, 12:14 PM
How can we display remote ads only from spec. owners?

PGGO
December 24, 2012, 07:25 PM
How can we display remote ads only from spec. owners?

Under My Account area you will find a Code for spcific user account, which you can use in order to display Ads from a single owner.

Mike
December 25, 2012, 06:05 AM
Under My Account area you will find a Code for spcific user account, which you can use in order to display Ads from a single owner.

That's right, for now there is no ability to filter listings by specific user in the admin panel, it will be available in the next version.

Alternatively you may add account_id=44 to the url of the script in the box, 44 is just example of account id on website.

Andreas_M
December 25, 2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks, now I found the remote adverts page, but it is not working 100%.
At first, when opening the page there are general listings of the site at preview. After selecting a category there is no preview. I had also checked the code at a blog and personal remote adverts are not shown, with the code generated from admin it is working very well.

If I want to show all listings from an owner, what setting do they need? Only category "-any-"?

Chris Brown
December 25, 2012, 11:52 AM
I spoke to mike about these issues do hopefully they will be fixed in the next version.

I think for all adverts to be shown they need to be enabled in all account types. You can also enable and disable in listing plan types as well.

Mike
December 26, 2012, 07:47 AM
Chris right, you have to enable it for account types and listing plans.
Also there was issue with child categories which is fixed, new version of the plugin will be available very soon.

Andreas_M
December 26, 2012, 11:02 PM
Thank you, you were right.

Andreas_M
December 30, 2012, 02:55 PM
I have another question, where can I find the statistics?

Leandro Figueiredo
January 2, 2013, 12:30 PM
Hi,

I updated the plugin, but the fetching listings from child categories issue don't work and horizontal listings direction not appear.

Thanks

Mike
January 3, 2013, 06:44 AM
I have another question, where can I find the statistics?

Statistics module was not implemented in the current version, it will be available in the 3rd version of the plugin. We planned to remake the way it works and instead of passing all possible variables through the url it will get parameters by the box id from flynax database. This way also gives us good opportunities to implement convenient statistics feature.

Mike
January 3, 2013, 06:46 AM
Hi,

I updated the plugin, but the fetching listings from child categories issue don't work and horizontal listings direction not appear.

Thanks

You have to add direction=horizontal to the url manually, there is no direction in the box builder for now.

For the child categories issue i'm almost sure it's not in the plugin. Maybe files were not updated or something wrong with your categories.

Please provide me with details of your website i have to check what's wrong.

Leandro Figueiredo
January 3, 2013, 11:33 AM
Hi Mike,

I sent a private message with the data for access.

Milea Ionut
January 3, 2013, 12:18 PM
For me the preview is still not working. I have updated the plugin and the remote ads is enabled in listing plans and account types.

Mike
January 4, 2013, 07:17 AM
I think the problem resulted from the CategoryFilter plugin, there are some problems if the plugins are together.

Please do following.
Login to your admin panel, go to Database page and execute following sql query

UPDATE `{sql_prefix}hooks` SET `Code` = 'if( $GLOBALS[''rlCategoryFilter''] ) { $GLOBALS[''rlCategoryFilter''] -> where($param1, $param2); }' WHERE `Name` = 'listingsModifyWhere' AND `Plugin` = 'categoryFilter' LIMIT 1 ;

Milea Ionut
January 4, 2013, 09:32 AM
I have tried but i get the following error:

"Table "myDB_name.{$sql_prefix}hooks' doesn't exist"

Mike
January 4, 2013, 10:42 AM
You have to it through the database manager in Flynax Admin Panel, if you doing it through the phpmyadmin or another database manager you have to replace {sql_prefix} with actual tables prefix ('fl_' by default)

Milea Ionut
January 4, 2013, 11:51 AM
I have run it from the Admin Panel>>Database

Milea Ionut
January 4, 2013, 12:00 PM
I have run it again from Admin Panel, i have changed {sql_prefix} with my prefix and now is all ok, the remote ads are showing! Thank you!

Milea Ionut
January 7, 2013, 05:06 PM
I have an issue now. In frontend i am trying to create an widget but i can't select the listing type. The box with the listing type is missing. In Remote Ads on Admin Panel is working ok.

Mike
January 9, 2013, 05:03 AM
That means that frontEnd account you use have abilities to use only one Listing type. In other words Account Type limited to access only one Listing Type. That's why you don't have account types selector.

Peter Jonsson
January 9, 2013, 09:45 PM
I have tried

UPDATE `{sql_prefix}hooks` SET `Code` = 'if( $GLOBALS[''rlCategoryFilter''] ) { $GLOBALS[''rlCategoryFilter''] -> where($param1, $param2); }' WHERE `Name` = 'listingsModifyWhere' AND `Plugin` = 'categoryFilter' LIMIT 1 ;

This doesnt solve it for me. It says 0 rows affected

Mike
January 10, 2013, 08:16 AM
I have tried

This doesnt solve it for me. It says 0 rows affected

What issue do you have? The query is to fix 500 error for those who have Remote Ads not working at all.

Peter Jonsson
January 10, 2013, 08:38 AM
What issue do you have? The query is to fix 500 error for those who have Remote Ads not working at all.

Aha, i thought it was for my problem.
I have the same problem as Andreas_M http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?848-Remote-Adverts-plugin-shows-Invisible-listing-(bug)&p=3511&viewfull=1#post3511

If i/ they change the category the preview/plugin stop working.
If i then copy the code to another page there are no display.

Peter Jonsson
January 14, 2013, 07:34 AM
You have a fix for this problem ?

Mike
January 14, 2013, 08:55 AM
If i understand it right and it's same issue you have to enable Remote Adverts for all Account Types and listing plans, not sure that it's same issue.

Peter Jonsson
January 14, 2013, 10:05 AM
ok, it's working now.

But how can i show all listings from all account.
I want to have Recent listings on my satelitpage

Mike
January 16, 2013, 11:20 AM
remove account_id from the url it will show all listings

Oslo
March 31, 2013, 01:05 AM
Mike, in my website shows links as listing title why? why doesn't show original title? I send you the link in PM.

Mike
April 2, 2013, 03:48 AM
Oslo,

Please provide me with ftp login details and website url, as i remembed i have fixed already these issues in the plugin. I will post about solution then here.

Oslo
April 9, 2013, 07:48 AM
Hello Mike F,

I sent FTP details on 02.April to you by PM, and still waiting :)

Mike
April 12, 2013, 05:53 AM
I have fixed all problems Oslo reported, they included in the next plugin update.