PDA

View Full Version : Disable Language change in top website.

Oslo
December 15, 2012, 08:53 PM
How to disable Language change in main Menu for users?

I only use flynax for one language, but Admin Panel I wanna in English. If i inactive English language also be inactive in Admin panel, and shows admin panel in Norwegian language.

My question is, is there anyway doesn't let all users type to select language on the top site.

For exp, I wanna main menu in Norwegian language, but Admin panel in English, If both language are activated, then in my domain automatic gives a option to users to change the language between Norwegian and English, I wanna to disable this option for users to select language on the top my site.

Peter Jonsson
December 16, 2012, 09:49 AM
You can copy the english language and then translate the frontside.

Oslo
December 16, 2012, 01:42 PM
But some Value when i translate it, changing also in admin panel.

exp: value: Yes and value No, when I translate it also be translate in admin panel, your way is not the solution.

there must be an option to Disable Language change in top website.

Viktor
December 17, 2012, 06:03 AM
Hello Oslo,

What template do you use and what version of the software?

Mike
December 17, 2012, 06:05 AM
There is no way to change it from the admin panel, if you disable one language it will be inactive anywhere, no way to deactivate separately for back end and fron end.

You can do it with one simple change in the file.

includes/classes/rlLang.class.php

gunction getLanguagesList

open it and make changes like below

function getLanguagesList( $status = 'active' )
{
global $config;

if ( empty($GLOBALS['languages']) || $status == 'all' )
{
$where = array( 'Status' => $status );
$options = null;

if ($status == 'all')
{
$where = null;
$options = "WHERE `Status` <> 'trash'";
}
/*add this code*/
if( REALM != 'admin' )
{
$options .= "AND `Code` <> 'en'";
}
/*end*/

Oslo
December 17, 2012, 04:37 PM
There is no way to change it from the admin panel, if you disable one language it will be inactive anywhere, no way to deactivate separately for back end and fron end.

You can do it with one simple change in the file.

includes/classes/rlLang.class.php

gunction getLanguagesList

open it and make changes like below

function getLanguagesList( $status = 'active' )
{
global $config;

if ( empty($GLOBALS['languages']) || $status == 'all' )
{
$where = array( 'Status' => $status );
$options = null;

if ($status == 'all')
{
$where = null;
$options = "WHERE `Status` <> 'trash'";
}
/*add this code*/
if( REALM != 'admin' )
{
$options .= "AND `Code` <> 'en'";
}
/*end*/

Thank you is worked perfect :)

John Evans
September 12, 2016, 09:25 PM
Hi, sorry for hi-jacking this thread but I am looking to add scandanavian languages (Swedish, Norwegian & Danish) to my site. Do you have the SQLs please?

Curtis
September 13, 2016, 01:40 AM
Hi, sorry for hi-jacking this thread but I am looking to add scandanavian languages (Swedish, Norwegian & Danish) to my site. Do you have the SQLs please?

Hello John,

All avaialble language dump for your package you can download from custom area.
https://www.flynax.com/downloads/

Mahmoud Khedr
September 13, 2016, 08:12 AM
Thanks I want the change too

John Evans
September 13, 2016, 02:22 PM
Thanks Curtis. Sorry but I only see the ten languages not Norwegian, Swedish and Danish? I was told that Flynax customers may have other language translations done and make them available but where from?

I realise I could download a Google Translate and do the translations myself of course but I would prefer to use ones "sanity checked" by someone who actually speaks the languages.

I realise that it is possible to manually go through the words and phrases and either set them up or replace them myself manually but this is a bit of a mission and I thought that other users may have put in the work and (in the spirit of open source development) be prepared to share the fruits of their efforts?

Thanks.
John

John Evans
September 13, 2016, 02:38 PM
I have figured out how to do this using Google translate myself but I would prefer, possible, to use a list of translated word which have been "moderated" or checked by a human who speaks both languages (i.e. English and the respective Scandinavian language).

Curtis
September 14, 2016, 02:09 AM
Hello John,

Yes, you're right. Unfortunately, we don't have language packages in those languages. Hope in future they will be available too.
It's a good idea if another customer will share the packages with already translated phrases here.

nirvano
November 24, 2016, 10:56 PM
Hi

How disable Language change in top website ?

i use 4.5.1 version withe General wide template, i make jast the Franch language......... please

Samir Fakirane
November 25, 2016, 03:37 AM
if i understand correctly you want to use only one language ?
just go to admin panel>Languages and disable any language you don't need

Viktor
November 25, 2016, 06:48 AM
Yes Samir is right. Language panel will show if you have more then 1 active language on your site.
You can check it here: Admin Panel >> Languages.

nirvano
November 25, 2016, 09:20 AM
Hello;
Thank you for your quick reply ! thinks