PDA

View Full Version : Some SEO questions.

Peter Jonsson
December 8, 2012, 07:01 PM
Evening!

Im looking thru my site trying to fix some SEO issues.

On the listing page there are no.
<meta name="description" content="" />

How can i add some words "15-20" from the listing to the description ?

<meta property="og:url" content=" LINK TO THE LISTING "/>

What code can i use to have it type out the link to the listing ?

I have alot of duplicate meta descriptions and when i look thru the duplicates i see alot of this:
/LINK/TO/THE/CATEGORY/?sort_by=ny_county_lan
/LINK/TO/THE/CATEGORY/?sort_by=price&sort_type=desc
/LINK/TO/THE/CATEGORY/?sort_by=price
/LINK/TO/THE/CATEGORY/?sort_by=ad_title
/LINK/TO/THE/CATEGORY/?sort_by=price&sort_type=asc
/LINK/TO/THE/CATEGORY/?page=saljes&rlVareables=CATEGORY

Why do google webmastertool show me that i have duplicates on those ?
How can i remove it ? Or stop google from reading links that end with ?sort_by and ?page (or maybe it stupid ?)

4. (Maybe im totally wrong about this one, if so correct me)
Like i read in another thread (LINK (http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?816-Duplicate-content-(listings)-issue-within-Geo-Filtering&p=3375#post3375)) Geo Filtering plugins gives us duplicate listings.
Is there some way to have the normal links turned off while having the Geo Filtering plugin active ?

I use the Geo Filtering plugins to make visitors know where the listing are sold from (search) and also for the SEO part.
But if google see that we have duplicates they give a Penalty and down the site goes from the first page of google search.

I have set up my Geo plugin to have the search link (or whatever to call it) shown like this:
MYSITE/state/county/

But when i press a listing it finds after slecting my state and county it will show me a normal link "MYSITE/category/category2/category3/listing.html"

Would be awsome to have it look like this "MYSITE/category/state/county/listing.html" OR "MYSITE/category/state/category2/catgory3/listing.html"

Anyone have any tip on how to improve the SEO on the flynax script ?
Shall i make descriptions and have keywords on ALL pages or just the important ones ?

Share some tips now! =)

Chris Brown
December 8, 2012, 07:58 PM
Evening!
On the listing page there are no.
<meta name="description" content="" />

How can i add some words "15-20" from the listing to the description ?

You can do this by in admin panel/categories/ go and edit one and theres the option to build Listing META Description, Listing META Keywords and Listing META Title.

Peter Jonsson
December 8, 2012, 09:35 PM
You can do this by in admin panel/categories/ go and edit one and theres the option to build Listing META Description, Listing META Keywords and Listing META Title.

Wow, i have totaly missed that, thanks dude!

But one question. What field shall i use for keywords ?
I tried using the title as keyword but it uses the whole title instead of putting , in between the words.

example: Title - Mega monstertruck for sale

It will look like this

<meta name="Keywords" content="Mega monstertruck for sale" />

When it should look like this

<meta name="Keywords" content="Mega, monstertruck, for, sale" />

But do i really need keywords ? I heard that search engines dont even use the keywords anymore.

Chris Brown
December 9, 2012, 11:06 AM
I used some of the fields for keywords, but like you say i have read in loads of places search engines dont use the keywords anymore, but i dont know if this is true or not.

Morgan Bohman
December 9, 2012, 12:56 PM
I use description as meta keywords as you get more conversions like this. There are also a listing field set up as keywords and if you use this one, your customers can fill in their own. Maybe you seen this on "Blocket" when they end the listing with "bed, traktor, car etc"
Using this with Attracta or WebMaster Tools is very efficient.

//Morgan

Peter Jonsson
December 9, 2012, 05:43 PM
I use description as meta keywords as you get more conversions like this. There are also a listing field set up as keywords and if you use this one, your customers can fill in their own. Maybe you seen this on "Blocket" when they end the listing with "bed, traktor, car etc"
Using this with Attracta or WebMaster Tools is very efficient.

//Morgan

To bad then that blocket uses the title as keywords and not the text so even if they end their listing with bed, traktor, car it wont be in the meta keyword anyway :P