PDA

View Full Version : Create listing without signing up - gives numbers at end of duplicated username

Peter Jonsson
December 8, 2012, 12:28 AM
Evening!

I have the option "Add a listing without signing up" checked.

The only problem i have with that is if 1user create a account using the usernamename 'Member'.
Then 2user come and make a listing, also signing up with the username 'Member'.

Instead of the script telling 2user that the username is already taken it will create the account adding a number
at the end of the username making it 'Member1'

How can i make it tell him that the username is taken so he can change it and make his own.
I have a forum and the bridge and dont want members with some stupid numbers in their username.

Also fix the vbulletin forum bridge, it should transfer password automatically when someone changing their password.

Peter Jonsson
January 24, 2013, 07:56 AM
Any update on how to fix this ?

Viktor
January 24, 2013, 11:45 AM
Hello Peter,

If you want you can create a ticket with your request and we will do it like customization for you.

About vbulletin forum bridge we will implement it but I don't know exactly day. if you want we can do it like customization if you include this request in ticket too.

Petrache Nicolae
October 7, 2013, 09:14 PM
Viktor, can you please make some light abut this feature?

i want to let any visitor add and ad without the need of register or activate the add.
so i went into AP-Configurations-Listings- and activated "Add a listing without signing up". Bellow i can't select Visitor becouse it doesn't show. So i chose account type "Member" wich i created and asigned to a plan.
now, i will try to create a listing without beeing register. I click on create a listing and at Step 3 i have at the bottom the Authenticate area? I ignore it and try to go to Step 4 and i can't becouse it says that the username/password is wrong.

So exactly how did the flynax team imagined that this should work? Thanks

This should work like this. i activate "Add a listing without signing up", select "Member" and beyond that the ad should have no registration data requirement. we could add fields like name, location directly into the step 3 for instance and those will be visible on listing page.

Viktor
October 9, 2013, 06:51 AM
I have answered you in other post: http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?1601-Ads-without-account&p=7003#post7003

Pete Young
January 9, 2015, 01:50 AM
Hello Peter,

If you want you can create a ticket with your request and we will do it like customization for you.

Hello Viktor I would also like fast register but not to duplicate add number to user names, is the fix easy to just edit some code for this ? if so can it be shown here ?

Thanks
Pete

Viktor
January 9, 2015, 04:28 AM
Hello Pete,

And how do you want to see quick register? What user should write instead username and email?

Pete Young
January 9, 2015, 05:20 AM
Hello Pete,

And how do you want to see quick register? What user should write instead username and email?

No that Part is OK, what I want avoid is the number being added to the end of a user name if it exists / rather they need to choose a new name if it exits not add a number

The only problem i have with that is if 1user create a account using the usernamename 'Member'.
Then 2user come and make a listing, also signing up with the username 'Member'.
Instead of the script telling 2user that the username is already taken it will create the account adding a number
at the end of the username making it 'Member1'
How can i make it tell him that the username is taken so he can change it and make his own.

Viktor
January 9, 2015, 06:35 AM
I understand it now. :)

And how do you want it? System should show error only (account with this username already exist please try to use other)? or what?

Pete Young
January 9, 2015, 06:45 AM
yes that would be good, exactly like it works in normal sign up mode, just to check like that

Pete Young
January 10, 2015, 10:38 PM
Any update on this ? I am guessing this would be just copying some of the normal registration code over to quick register ?

Viktor
January 12, 2015, 08:30 AM
Hello Pete,

Please create a ticket with your request and I will try to do it quickly and free for you. If it will be easy I will show code in this post.

Pete Young
January 12, 2015, 12:37 PM
I will create a ticket and link to this post / thanks Pete