PDA

View Full Version : How to show a block on a subpage of add-listing-process

Andreas_M
November 19, 2012, 08:44 PM
Hello,

I had made a block with an instruction and tips of adding & editing photos.
At the moment it is only possible to show blocks at add-listing-page with all subpages.
The add-photo-page is only for existing listings.

I would like to show more instruction blocks on separate process pages from add listing.

Is it possible to add an existing block on subpages like: add-listing/category/add-pictures.html ?

Hope you can help me.

Thanks & best regards
Andreas

Riba
November 19, 2012, 10:50 PM
Just add the extra instructions to add_listing.tpl (search for <!-- add photo -->)

Andreas_M
November 20, 2012, 02:24 PM
That would be a way, but only in one language. Its more comfortable to make one Block and to put it onto several pages. So if we made updates, every block will be up to date. Just adding static code to some site, we often need to change the code.

It think it would great to have the possibility to add blocks on "add listing" subpages.
Like infos about payment ways at select-plan-page etc.

Morgan Bohman
November 20, 2012, 07:40 PM
Check my site, I have blocks from add-listing and forward. Right now using them for adverts.

Riba
November 21, 2012, 08:36 AM
Morgan, Andreas wants to have blocks only in specific steps of add listing process.

Andreas_M
November 23, 2012, 11:26 PM
Yes, thats right.
Just want to add some manuals or tips to the respective step.

Mike
November 24, 2012, 04:51 AM
Just add the extra instructions to add_listing.tpl (search for <!-- add photo -->)

This is right way to achieve this, only with conditions you may create different boxes for different steps.

Easiest way without changes to the code is to create smarty box through your admin panel.

Example how to separate information between steps in the box.

Ap>Content>Content boxes >add box

choose type smarty and put content like below

{if $cur_step == 'plan'}
plantips
{elseif $cur_step == 'form'}
form building tips
{elseif $cur_step == 'photo'}
add photo step tips
{elseif $cur_step == 'video'}

{elseif $cur_step == 'checkout'}

{elseif $cur_step == 'done'}

{/if}

Frank Malefors
July 17, 2013, 12:27 AM

Where can I find this .tpl file exactly?

John
July 17, 2013, 03:36 AM
Where can I find this .tpl file exactly?

Hello Junior,
You can fine the file here: /templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl/controllers/add_listing.tpl
Good luck!

John