PDA

View Full Version : Special hidden listing plan

Andreas_M
November 16, 2012, 10:32 PM
Hello,

would it be possible to create a hidden/invisible listing plan?
I want to create a listing plan, which I want to use as a giveaway to make my site more popular.

Like: if someone made a backlink on its homepage or recommend us a new user/customer, then he gets a limited special listing plan as a reward from admin.
The user/account should be like all other owner-account-types. Otherwise if I create a new account type for them, they will not be shown at the standard dealers-accounts-page.

Best regards
Andreas

Riba
November 18, 2012, 09:57 PM
You can use separate account type and make a listing plan visible only to them to achieve it. Alternatively use the voucher plugin and hand away vouchers for discounts.

Chris Brown
November 19, 2012, 06:52 AM
Like Riba says, i would probobly use the coupon/voucher plugin to give away discount codes. Each code you create you can choose how many times it can be used and what sort of discount to give.

Andreas_M
November 19, 2012, 12:15 PM
Hi.

I thought about coupon codes as give aways, but its not the best way for me.
I want to give some unselectable listing plans to special customers. Like listing plans with 12 instead of 6 pictures or advertisting plans. Others should not have the possibility to choose them at the fill out form.

Riba
November 19, 2012, 12:56 PM
Andreas - I know what you want, and I solved with the special account type which is not visible during registration. Check for instructions how to hide it as I asked it in the forums a while ago.

Andreas_M
November 19, 2012, 03:33 PM
Hi Riba,

I used this solution also. But the problem with this one is, that I got two different dealer directories. So if visitors want to search for specialized owner/dealer, they need to do it at two directories.

Riba
November 19, 2012, 06:41 PM
That makes sense I guess if you want to keep them listed in the directory. I did not, but then again it should be easy to combine the two with a small modification.

Andreas_M
November 19, 2012, 08:23 PM
I have now decided not to publish the provider directory. Therefore, the solution is not currently needed.

Thanks a lot!