PDA

View Full Version : Can Expired Listings be Marked as 'Sold' and not be Unhidden?

Noel Bautista
October 27, 2012, 11:46 AM
Edit: I just realized I used a double negative. The thread title should read "Can Expired Listings be Marked as 'Sold' and not be hidden?"

Hello,

I am asking if there's a way for expired listings not to be hidden/closed and just be kept accessible to the public but be marked as 'SOLD' instead?

And the same, once expired or 'Sold' the inventory will not be counted against the seller's balance. This way, the seller has one more inventory available but his old listings will still be available and the site's number of pages will not decrease but will increase in time.

I am thinking in a SEO sense of way. Since once these listings get crawled and listed by the search engines and once browsers/people click on the SERPS and lead them to an 404 (or unavailable) page, then the site will be penalized in an SEO-sort of way.

In the same vein, can we disable sellers from deleting their ads? They can just label it SOLD or let it expire and the system will just mark it as SOLD. Same result: no more inquiries since people will see as 'SOLD'

Petrache Nicolae
October 27, 2012, 12:29 PM
this is a good ideea. or at least, us, as admin, can we mark any ad as sold from admin area?

PGGO
December 27, 2012, 07:28 PM
...then the site will be penalized in an SEO-sort of way

There is actually no penalty for 404, because this is normal behavior for all sites across the web.

The only great option that Flynax can add is 301 redirect from removed listings to their main category.

Dmitry
January 8, 2013, 06:54 AM
Hello Guys,

Plugin listing status have 3 options for listings(unchanged, removal and suspension).
unchanged - listing will stay on site.
removal - listing will be remove after period.
suspension - listing will have status inactive after period.

Thanks.

Peter Jonsson
January 9, 2013, 06:41 PM
Dont see the point in having listings that arent available anymore. Just fills the site with trash.