PDA

View Full Version : Fetaured blocks for all categories?

Riba
October 25, 2012, 07:06 AM
I have found a couple of threads but not sure I got the answer. Anyway, I would like to create a block which would display featured ads from all categories, whether it is random or in whatever order. Can that be easily achieved? Thanks!

Viktor
October 26, 2012, 03:48 AM
Hello Riba,

If you go to Admin Panel >> Listing Types and click on edit icon you will see settings for listings type. Find Featured Settings here and check there.

Riba
October 26, 2012, 06:55 AM
Thanks Viktor, but unless I am missing something I can only control the featured ads to be displayed for a single listing type. For example, the featured box for cars listing type would use the following smarty code:

{include file='blocks'|cat:$smarty.const.RL_DS|cat:'feature d.tpl' listings=$featured_cars type='cars'}

What I need is a featured box that will display featured listings from all listing types. I may have to start digging into the featured.tpl.

Viktor
October 26, 2012, 08:28 AM
Hello Riba,

Yes you are right but if you want see featured listings from all types you can create ticket with your request and we will do it asap for you.

Riba
October 26, 2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks Viktor, might as well do that when the time comes.

Riba
October 26, 2012, 09:44 AM
It turns out it was very easy to achieve my a small modification to a listing box plugin. Yee-haw! :)

Viktor
October 26, 2012, 12:28 PM
Glad to hear it :)