PDA

View Full Version : Speed Configuration Guide for Multi-field/Geo filtering Plugin

Mike
October 19, 2012, 08:22 AM
Multi-Field Plugin + Geo Filtering Option

The Plugin allows you to build relationships among relevant fields, where every subsequent field represents a subcategory(s) of a category selected from a previous field, for example you can build relationships among such fields as Country, Region and City. So when a user selects a country, the region field will return all regions specific to a selected country, and when a user selects a region, he will get all cities specific to a selected region.

Note: Actually a number of fields that can be associated with each other is unlimited.

The Plugin also features geo filtering option, which enables building geo filters for all categories on your site - that is, users will be able to filter listings in categories based on a selected location, for example you can build a list of locations in the sidebar and when a user clicks a particular location the Plugin will filter all listings in categories based on a selected location.

Note: Multi-selection of interconnected fields can be configured both for listing and for registration fields.

To build relationships among a few fields you are supposed to:

1. Go to AP > Plugins > Multi-field > Add an Entry. The page will offer you two options: create a new data entry or as an addition to an existing data entry (See below how to set up geo filtering), for example relationships Country > Region > City, can be built in two ways: 1. you can add a data entry called Country, and then enter countries you need or 2. you can start adding Regions to already existing data entry - Country, which has all needed countries. It should be noted that a new data entry will be added to the Data Entries Section. Basically multi-field is an option that is applied to a data entry, and which provides for building multi-leveled entries. Standard data entries that can be added from the Data Entries Section do not offer a multi-field option.

2. After adding a data entry with the multi-field option you are supposed to link it to a particular field. To link a field to a particular data entry go to AP > Listings > Listing fields > Add/Edit field > Field Type: dropdown > Select an appropriate data entry from the list to bind it with the field. In our case we bind the country field with Country data entry.

Note: Only dropdowns can be linked to data entries offering a multi-field option.
Note: If you added a data entry as an addition to an existing data entry, fields that were linked to such data entry will inherit new field relationships automatically.

3. After binding a field with a data entry go to AP > Plugins > Multi-field > Select a data entry to manage > Click on Manage icon > Add an item.

Note: To add countries, for example USA, Germany, and Italy to Country data entry (as data items of the 1st level) you will need to use Manage function. If you already have countries under existing data entry (USA, Germany etc) then you will be able to add Regions to appropriate countries (as items of the 2nd level), for example add Carolina, Minnesota, Texas etc to USA.
After adding a second level item (Regions) to a data entry the system will add a second dropdown field to the user interface with newly entered data items (Regions). You will be able to edit the new field from AP > Listings > Listing fields, for example to change its name, which is called, in this particular case, Country level 2.

4. To add cities you will need to use Manage function for every region as described in 3. Using this function you can further deepen your levels.
Geo Filtering
To enable geo filtering option go to AP > Plugins > Multi-field > Select a data entry that has location data > Click the Edit icon > Enable Geo Filtering > Click the Edit button.
After activating the option the system will display a set of interconnected location-related fields offering filtering by a particular location.
After filtering by a location the system will add a path of a selected location to site urls. So all listings and category counts on the site will be associated with a selected location.

Note: This option is enabled for all pages that offer listings and categories, and is disabled by default for pages that offer static data. You can enable geo filtering for a particular page from AP > Content > Pages > Select a page > Click the Edit icon > Enable Geo Filtering.

Note: If you don't see newly added regions and cities in the user interface then go to AP > Common > Refresh > Rebuild multifield.

Leandro Figueiredo
October 23, 2012, 03:51 PM
Hi Mike F.

How do I not display the Geo Filter in page "View Details"?
It need appear only on the page of a category or subcategory.

Mike
October 29, 2012, 05:50 AM
Hi Leandro Figueiredo,

Geo filter box is usual content box and can be configured on the Admin Panel>>Content>> Content Boxes, open edit box page. remove sticky and check Listings page.

Please submit a ticket if you have problems with it.

Leandro Figueiredo
October 31, 2012, 12:52 AM
Hi Mike,

The interactions with the list are slow.
Do some tests http://www.lista.noivaurbana.com.br/listings/vestidos-de-noivas
1 - Choose the city "Rio de Janeiro" in the filter.
2 - Remove the selection.
Verify that the two actions are very time consuming.

Mike
October 31, 2012, 04:46 AM
Yes the website is slow, but it's not action to select something in location, i think it's difficult for your server to get long list of cities. And also i don't think it's convenient to choose something in this very very long list of cities.

You may leave only Auto-completion field in the box, i think it will be much faster then, or PM me ftp/cpanel login details i will try to look into it maybe i can optimize something.

P.s. there is no cache system for now in the plugin, we will do cache system in the next version of the plugin and it will probably be faster with big location lists.

Mike
October 31, 2012, 08:16 AM
As you know there is Import Data from Flynax server feature in the plugin, if you have a good database which you want to share it with others you can send it to us and we upload it to the server, then everyone will be able to import your database from the server with just few clicks in admin panel.

It may be specific country location databases or other database.

Leandro Figueiredo
October 31, 2012, 12:10 PM
Mike,

I deactivated the "Multi-Leveled and representation of locations" and "Location autodetection".
It's faster now.

Mike
November 1, 2012, 03:28 AM
Yes, sorry forgot to say about it. It's known problem for the multi-leveled representation, because in this case script loads all available location data from the database.

Raul Blisniuk
November 1, 2012, 07:13 PM
Hello, I have a problem when importing Database2 World Locations (~ 2.5 million) which is containing more records, I need to import Specifically Argentina and Uruguay with all its regions and cities. When I try it hangs and does not advance the loading bar. But when I try to do with the database Database1 World Locations (~ 40 000), if you load this data but incomplete and poorly distributed.
On the other hand I have a db.sql with cities and regions that I would like to import to Argentina, but not as import manually.:confused:

Anyone had this problem? any solution for manual import?

Thank you.

sorry for my English I'm using a translator
---
---------------
Espa

Mike
November 2, 2012, 05:45 AM
Manual import will be available in the next version of the plugin, could you provide me with database to look at it? (PM me link)

I'm working on the import problem, but as there are lot of data it maybe just long importing process.

Raul Blisniuk
November 5, 2012, 01:59 PM
Hi Mike, Thanks for answering, database of Argentina and their locations is in structure is as follows -: state> region> city. (Sent by PM) from already thank you very much.

Mike
February 15, 2013, 09:11 AM
There is new feature in the software to improve your pages for search engines.

It allows you to add current location to your meta data (keywords, description and title)

How it works:

By default it's not added anywhere, but for each page you can use following variables in the meta fields:

{location} - it will contain all your applied location (e.g. USA / California / Los Angeles)
{location_level0} - USA (top level)
{location_level1} - California

etc.

there is also condition which allows to use additional text when you have any location applied, example:

Title:

Listings {if location}in {location}{/if}

will be transformed to Listings in USA when your location is USA
and it will stay just "Listings" without applied location

Keywords:

cars, used, {location_level2}

will be transformed to "cars, used, Los Angeles"
and it will stay "cars, used," without applied location

Please don't use it for the page name if you have the page in menu (it will be not replaced)

PGGO
February 18, 2013, 04:11 AM
Hi Mike,

I add this variable {location} in title and Meta description; however, nothing has been changed in front end.

Does it requires any changes in …/includes/classes/lrCategories.class.php ?

Mike
March 11, 2013, 06:33 AM
Hi, sorry for delay with replies.

Please provide me with details to investigate this. As i remember there is nothing to do outside of the plugin to make it working.

dj
March 20, 2013, 03:05 AM
Hi Mike,

I was wondering where the "Import Data from Flynax server feature" can be found in the Multi-field/Geo filtering Plugin? I dont see any import feature for this plugin I have installed?

Thanks in advance,
DJ.

Mike
March 20, 2013, 08:54 AM
Hi Mike,

I add this variable {location} in title and Meta description; however, nothing has been changed in front end.

Does it requires any changes in …/includes/classes/lrCategories.class.php ?

There were some problems when you don't have geo filter block configured - i have resolved them. If somebody have similar problems please contact me.

It will be included to the plugin next version of course.

Mike
March 20, 2013, 08:56 AM
Hi Mike,

I was wondering where the "Import Data from Flynax server feature" can be found in the Multi-field/Geo filtering Plugin? I dont see any import feature for this plugin I have installed?

Thanks in advance,
DJ.

In the previous versions it was allowed only for data entry which have "Geo Filter" option enabled, but in the latest version this condition have been removed, so it's strange why you can find it.

Let me know if you still have problems with it

dj
March 27, 2013, 05:18 AM
In the previous versions it was allowed only for data entry which have "Geo Filter" option enabled, but in the latest version this condition have been removed, so it's strange why you can find it.

Let me know if you still have problems with it

Thanks for your answer Mike.

Another thing was -

Whats the difference between the - World Locations Database1 (~40 000)

and the - World Locations Database2 (~2 200 000) ?

Does the import feature also import all the associated Cities and Regions as well? Do these have to be linked manually?

Thanks.

Tim Friedrich
March 28, 2013, 06:57 PM
is it possible that an manualy implanted text on the "home.tpl" only existing on the HOME Page and if and GEO filter runs the text not get shown? At the moment on GEO pages content from the home i only want show text on HOME not on all sub pages.

PGGO
March 29, 2013, 09:40 PM
Mike,

This option "{location}" does not work when inserted into Home page title or Blocks name field.

Any suggestion?

Santiago B
April 21, 2013, 01:43 PM
Hi Mike!, yr plugin is awesome!, i need a little help

When i try to import data using "Data Entries Import" plugin, cause i dont want to add entry 1 by 1, its happen the following, appears "undefined".

Thanks in advance.

Sui soon Chua
April 21, 2013, 11:26 PM
Hi Mike,

Same to me too. It is good there is a way to import data from excel into multi field. Enter 1 by 1 not a solution for 1000+ data from my side.

Mike
April 24, 2013, 04:49 AM
When i try to import data using "Data Entries Import" plugin

Please provide me with the file you are trying to import, i will look into it.

Actually the plugin is not for "multi" data entries and im sure it will not work 100% properly, i think we will update the Data Entries Import plugin with ability to import data to multifield.

Santiago B
April 28, 2013, 10:35 PM
Please provide me with the file you are trying to import, i will look into it.

Actually the plugin is not for "multi" data entries and im sure it will not work 100% properly, i think we will update the Data Entries Import plugin with ability to import data to multifield.

I have a lot of .txt files, States, Cities (depends of state selected), neighborhood (depends of city selected)

Santiago B
May 27, 2013, 12:06 AM
Mike!

How u doing? im noticed that Argentina DataBase was added!, its great! but i have a problem when i try to import. It stucks in "Importing... please wait" nothing happens

Thanks in advance

Mike
May 27, 2013, 08:05 AM
Yes it's known bug, please provide me with ftp login details in order to fix it or wait plugin update in few days. I'm sorry for inconveniences.

Mike
May 31, 2013, 07:06 AM
I have fixed it for your site, please check. I hope we will release next plugin version with all bugfixes and some improvements early next week.

Giuseppe Zappala
May 31, 2013, 09:24 AM
Hello Mike, but exactly where you need to make the change to insert these calls?

Santiago B
June 3, 2013, 01:28 PM
I have fixed it for your site, please check. I hope we will release next plugin version with all bugfixes and some improvements early next week.

Thanks Mike! it works!

I checked that the database is so long, i mean it uses "state - city"

I can send you more organized, using "state - county - city" in multiple .TXT files splitted, into splitted carpets like "states > county > city"

Let me know for recolet that info and send it to u.

thanks!

Alexandre Ono
June 3, 2013, 04:54 PM
Hello,
I wonder how do I use the plugin "MultiField" in my categories.
My categories are of type: State / City / District and would like to implement the plugin "MultiField" in my research on the main page.
Thanks

Mike
June 4, 2013, 05:26 AM
Dear Alexandre,

You can use multiField plugin only with listing fields and not with categories, if all you want from multifield is related dropdown in the search forms there is similar option in the software itself -- category multi selection. You can enable it in the listing type edit page. there is also number which indicates how many level of categories do you want to be in your search forms.

Alexandre Ono
June 4, 2013, 12:37 PM
Thanks Mike!
That's exactly what I need and want.
Best regards,
Alexandre

Mike
June 11, 2013, 08:53 AM
1.2.0 version improvements:

- listings link now don't contain location part - and anywhere come without location in their urls to avoid duplicated content
- rel canonical added when geo filter applied, it defines preferred page for google crawler, help to avoid duplicated content problem too.
- application side caching system - often used data cached inside the filesystem to avoid database queries
- user side caching system (based on the sessions) Disabled by default. !Don't enable this feature until you have all your Geo Filter data completely configured.
- Refresh>Rebuild path function improved

Bug fixes:

- all known Remote Import bugs
- automatic sub-level fields creation fixed when you link field to the multi-condition and after import finished, now no need to run rebuild function in most cases.
- non-Latin languages alphabetic order issues

Unfortunately we did not find time to implement "hide empty" feature which is supposed to hide locations without listings inside. Last time there was few requests about it.
It's require to implement massive recounting system and it's postponed to the next plugin version.

PGGO
June 11, 2013, 07:24 PM
Mike,

I’m wondering how to fix the following problem:

I insert "{location}" into home page Name and Title field (see snapshot).
However, the location from Geo Filter does not show up in front end.

Any solution how to fix this issue?

Mike
June 12, 2013, 05:48 AM
Thanks Mike! it works!

I checked that the database is so long, i mean it uses "state - city"

I can send you more organized, using "state - county - city" in multiple .TXT files splitted, into splitted carpets like "states > county > city"

Let me know for recolet that info and send it to u.

thanks!

Sure you can send this data we will import it to the server. It's appreciated )

Mike
June 12, 2013, 06:01 AM
Mike,

I’m wondering how to fix the following problem:

I insert "{location}" into home page Name and Title field (see snapshot).
However, the location from Geo Filter does not show up in front end.

Any solution how to fix this issue?

Did you try to update plugin to the latest version? I think its fixed there

Also i suggest using {if location}{location}{/if} condition to avoid these non-replaced variables to be when you don't have applied location.

PGGO
June 12, 2013, 06:20 AM
Did you try to update plugin to the latest version? I think its fixed there

Also i suggest using {if location}{location}{/if} condition to avoid these non-replaced variables to be when you don't have applied location.

Yes, Geo Filter is up to date (v 1.2.0)

I also tried to use "{if location}{location}{/if}" and it's not working as well.

Santiago B
June 17, 2013, 10:40 PM
Sure you can send this data we will import it to the server. It's appreciated )

Ok! i have States and countys, city not yet, it is so long for collect it, so i will send you that i have only, how can i send you ? thanks!

Mike
June 18, 2013, 09:30 AM
PGGO, Santiago B

Please submit ticket with necessary information i will look, thanks

Mike
June 24, 2013, 05:46 AM
Ok! i have States and countys, city not yet, it is so long for collect it, so i will send you that i have only, how can i send you ? thanks!

I'm working on it, thank you for sharing the data.

Yes, Geo Filter is up to date (v 1.2.0)
I also tried to use "{if location}{location}{/if}" and it's not working as well.

For those who have similar problem here is the fix, there is some code from our working version required to make it working properly:

open includes/rlCommon.class.php find function pageTitle

find code inside

$rlHook -> load('pageTitle');

replace with

$rlHook -> load('pageTitle', $title, $bread_crumbs, $single_title_controllers); // params added from > 4.1.0

Santiago B
June 27, 2013, 02:37 AM
Perfect Mike!

Works perfect!

Thanks!!

Kenton Mcleod
July 15, 2013, 10:25 AM
Hi all ...
Am I missing something?
I can't seem to see where everyone is getting their Geo data loaded from.

Please help.
Kenton

Hareesh Ghanta
July 30, 2013, 02:05 AM
Hi Mike,
It would be great if we can get the location is auto selected and be able to cancel and enter his own location (by using some google api) instead of storing it in system.Location can be selected this way for search listing as well as the adding listings.
Any way this is just a thought.

http://html5demos.com/geo

Mike
July 30, 2013, 05:16 AM
Hi all ...
Am I missing something?
I can't seem to see where everyone is getting their Geo data loaded from.

When you click manage your location Data Entry through the plugin you will see Import Data button. Click it, select source database you want to import, you will see two buttons for each database. One is to import all database another one is to select items to be imported.

Let me know if you still have problems with it.

Mike
July 30, 2013, 05:17 AM
Hi Mike,
It would be great if we can get the location is auto selected and be able to cancel and enter his own location (by using some google api) instead of storing it in system.Location can be selected this way for search listing as well as the adding listings.
Any way this is just a thought.

http://html5demos.com/geo

Thank you for sharing your idea Hareesh, we will think how we can use this feature.

Hareesh Ghanta
August 9, 2013, 03:18 AM
Hi Mike,
I am facing this issue with Multi Geo of resetting the location.When i go to the location http://xyz.com/states/city/properties/search-results.htm. i can see all the properties by that city location.But when i click on home it is not resetting the location automatically.the links staying at http://xyz.com/states/city
I would like to create a quick links of the top cities in the bottom menu.I found this issue of not resetting if i use this way.Not sure how to handle this
Thank you.

Regards

Ivan Stefanov
August 22, 2013, 03:17 PM
Hi all. I have three questions:

I want to make different from the default field type.

I want to make three fields - select Country > select State > and the last field to be multiple selection.

Example: USA > Florida > Miami, North Florida, Tampa Bay (three or more selected cities and search listings in all selected)

How to do that?

This plugin doesn't work in short search form, only in advanced forms. In short form (and tabs) all three fields (country,state and cities) shows countries. How to fix this?

And the last question:

In our homepage, we want to place map image with areas. We want when click on each area to send user to new page with other map with areas that show cities from selected state in previous map and when click to one city to autoselect the city in cities field in advanced search form, which is on right of map.

Thanks for all users for help.

Mike
August 24, 2013, 08:14 AM
Dear Ivan,

You have a ticket with the same questions and ticket is the right place to ask them ). We have replied, please check.

For others about last level multi-selection -for now it's only possible as customization.

Leandro Figueiredo
September 18, 2013, 02:32 PM
Hi Mike,

I have a suggestion.

The system does not need to display cities that do not have ads.
It can only display the list of cities that have ads, with the amount of ads on the side.
The city that has no ad is not displayed.

See image

Leandro Figueiredo
September 18, 2013, 02:33 PM
Hi Mike,

I have a suggestion.

The system does not need to display cities that do not have ads.
It can only display the list of cities that have ads, with the amount of ads on the side.
The city that has no ad is not displayed.

See image

Petrache Nicolae
November 17, 2013, 06:59 PM
When you click manage your location Data Entry through the plugin you will see Import Data button. Click it, select source database you want to import, you will see two buttons for each database. One is to import all database another one is to select items to be imported.

Let me know if you still have problems with it.

when i click on that button i do not see the databases as in demo for instance. i get a error message Unable to reach Flynax Server. why does it happen?

Mike
November 26, 2013, 10:31 AM
when i click on that button i do not see the databases as in demo for instance. i get a error message Unable to reach Flynax Server. why does it happen?

Most likely it happens because of your server settings which deny you to get remote content, i think you already resolved it but if you still have this problem you can submit ticket we will investigate.

Client_uk
June 13, 2015, 11:33 PM
1. I try to iport a UK database but it hungs at 94%
2. Still with partial import I am able to see the cities in the DB, but when on the 'Sell a car' page I select United Kingdom form the list, cities/states field do not refresh...

Kai Lappalainen
July 13, 2015, 02:09 PM
I have a problem with this plugin. I have created multileveled data entries for my country -> region -> town. It can be seen in Multi-Level plugin and also in Data entries, but I can't add it to my registration form, as it does not show in Field list of Registration form builder. What am I missing?

EDIT: Oops got it. Had to build new field entry for account type :*)

Mark Johnson
June 30, 2016, 04:07 AM
Hello,

Is there now a method to manually import my own location database, being more comprehensive for my market (Australia) with the addition of a fourth level for Postcode (ZIP) so: County | State | City | PostCode
The other reason is that your Australian database seems to be missing many towns. The CSV contains the previously mentioned columns.

Stefan Popadiin
April 1, 2017, 02:39 AM
For clarity, a better example:

Listings {if location} in {location_level2}about{/if} sometext
will give you Listings in San Francisco about sometext

;)

John Evans
January 19, 2019, 11:15 AM
Mike

Does this work in the search-results.html page? I know the title is built up from segments of language like "Search results:" "sorted by xxx" etc. Can I use these fields within these text fields so that a dynamic search would result in the values of the fields being search being placed in the meta tags like Title, H1, Desc etc?

So what I want is when a user searches for "villa", "for sale" and "Madrid" the results page which they will receive has those values in the meta tags?

So other people can find the result pages for those search criteria in the Google Search results. I would prefer to have a separate URL for that combination of search terms so like "domain.com/properties/villa/for-sale/Madrid" or similar but that might be asking for too much. This is what my competitors have - customised result set pages.

John

John Evans
January 19, 2019, 11:21 AM
Stefan

Have you managed to get these location variables into the metadata on the search results page? That is what I am trying to do. I have them in the individual listings pages fine.

Christian Evequoz
January 20, 2019, 11:13 AM
Hello Mike,

I have an issue with the Data Import script, when I import the cities from any file, CSV, TXT, no path is created as I show in the attached img. Do you have any solution for that? I

Rudi
January 21, 2019, 04:37 AM
I have an issue with the Data Import script, when I import the cities from any file, CSV, TXT, no path is created as I show in the attached img

Could you create a ticket to check this issue ?

Manivannan Chinnaswamy
July 30, 2019, 02:23 AM
"Go to AP > Plugins > Multi-field > Add an Entry. The page will offer you two options: create a new data entry or as an addition to an existing data entry" - Option to add an existing data entry is not presented
https://forum.flynax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3350&stc=1

Rudi
July 30, 2019, 03:25 AM
Option to add an existing data entry is not presented

Hello,

Multifield plugin doesn't work this way

to add an item to existing entry you should click 'Manage' in front of your entry/item (hammer icon)

and then click 'Add a New Item' button

Manivannan Chinnaswamy
July 30, 2019, 04:00 AM
Hello,

Multifield plugin doesn't work this way

to add an item to existing entry you should click 'Manage' in front of your entry/item (hammer icon)

and then click 'Add a New Item' button

Thanks Rudi. PFA screenshot as I don't see any entry, hence there is no 'Manage' option shown. Thanks

Rudi
July 30, 2019, 05:14 AM
Try to reinstall the plugin or create a ticket and we'll look into the problem

Manivannan Chinnaswamy
July 30, 2019, 11:52 AM
Try to reinstall the plugin or create a ticket and we'll look into the problem

Thanks Rudi,

Re-installation didn't help much. Created a support ticket. The number for the same is XVP-879470

Logmanov
August 11, 2019, 09:30 AM
Hi Mike F.

How do I not display the Geo Filter in page "View Details"?
It need appear only on the page of a category or subcategory.

Hi all!

This issue is still actual today. How can i show location block on subcategories page?

Rudi
August 12, 2019, 05:51 AM
Hi all!

This issue is still actual today. How can i show location block on subcategories page?

Hello,

Could you create a ticket to look into the problem ?

Logmanov
August 12, 2019, 08:30 AM
Hello,

Could you create a ticket to look into the problem ?

Hi Rudi!

I've created the ticket 2 days ago, no reply yet. To look into the problem there is no need to look into my files. You can try it on Flynax demo. I want this block 3367 on picture to show on page https://classifieds.demoflynax.com/properties/flats-apartments.html. If we go from listing types page to any category or subcategory page then this block disappears.

Thanks!

Rudi
August 13, 2019, 02:50 AM
There is alternative solution for displaying box in categories without using 'Sticky' for pages:

go to Common > Database or phpMyAdmin manager and run the following mysql query:

UPDATE `fl_blocks` SET `Cat_sticky` = '1' WHERE `Key` = 'geo_filter_box'

Bahram Soltanirad
August 13, 2019, 04:20 AM
There is alternative solution for displaying box in categories without using 'Sticky' for pages:

go to Common > Database or phpMyAdmin manager and run the following mysql query:

UPDATE `fl_blocks` SET `Cat_sticky` = '1' WHERE `Key` = 'geo_filter_box'

I think, Viktor's solution is better, because it points to a small typo in the code and we don't need to edit database.

https://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?5647-Ad-new-block&p=26878&viewfull=1#post26878

Brian Jester
February 24, 2021, 03:55 PM
I have followed the speed guide for the multifield plugin, but I am still not able to see the second level (drop down) menu after choosing an option. I have added clothing sizes, and added a data entry to clothing sizes, (mulitfield), but it's not showing, what did I miss?