PDA

View Full Version : PWA Plugin

Pete Young
October 15, 2020, 03:32 AM
In the plugin it says ? have installed GMP Library. as far as I can see I do not have this as an option in my cpnel ?

but when I search for the library I can not find what the icon looks like or what its proper name is so I really have no idea what I am looking for ? does anyone have an image of this required plugin or its correct name / category or any information of what this and or looks like and where it hides please.

Joe Can
October 15, 2020, 04:12 AM
I think your web user download something? Is it the library?

Edit - Above likely wrong. Advertisement says nothing about a library?

Curtis
October 16, 2020, 02:04 AM
Hi Pete.

The PHP on your webserver must have the GMP library and of course it must be installed in system.
You can check it: open admin panel of your website and click to System Info button on top, after find phrase GMP via browser.

Result must look like similar: https://forum.flynax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3900&stc=1

If your webserver doesn't have it that you can contact with hosting provider to fix it.
Read more about installation here: https://www.php.net/manual/en/gmp.installation.php

Pete Young
October 16, 2020, 06:37 AM
Very cool, thank you appreciated yes all is now in order.

Pete

Joe Can
October 16, 2020, 08:12 AM
Pete, let us know your experience with this plug and the PayPal plug. I am wanting to purchase.

Pete Young
October 16, 2020, 07:49 PM
Pete, let us know your experience with this plug and the PayPal plug. I am wanting to purchase.

will do, testing the pwa over the weekend but problems with the Paypal as admin are now telling me it does not process on site? will wait for clarification on this

Pete Young
October 17, 2020, 03:20 AM
This page isn’t working mysite.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Now getting this error trying to install the large png image ? tried reducing its size / footprint but a huge picture ?

+ went to the site on my mobile and nothing happened ? I was not asked to add the PWA ?

This is very confusing / how does one make this thing work ?

Pete Young
October 21, 2020, 02:13 AM

Hello Joe an update.

First with PWA, with some help from support I was finally able to get this sorted as such, but I am still seeking clarification on how this thing works, my understanding this was for mobile devices ? but it does not seem to be the case as my desktop / laptop is now asking me all sorts of question regards my notifications are set, then asks me to turn them on or off ? so I am at a loss of what is happening here so I need to understand what happened to saved searches now do they still work with email ? does it also push notifications to your desktop ?

all in all very confusing, and if I do not understand it now sure how visitors will understand it, so I need more time to understand that and work things out ?

I have sort of lost the meaning of this plugin in that what does it bring to the table other than a button on a mobile ? everything seems the same and desktop seems more complicated / maybe some here can explain this further.

A perfect example of why these plugins need comprehensive guides, so we can understand and implement them properly without having to go into weeks of research and blunder to get things working.

also it seems to change your favicon on the desktop to the image uploaded in pwa?

Next the Paypal plugin : I will say this in a polite way, NOT HAPPY JAN, I feel cheated by flynax in that the copy clearly says this >

Payment processing is conducted on your website but via PayPal servers without the need for the customer to leave your website.

I have been told now by two people from flynax 1. o that's ok they come back to your site and 2. No, only paypal pro allow accept payments on site without redirect to paypal server. Also we are planning add smart buttons to checkout paypal plugin.

This makes me 100% very angry in that the copy presented is totally false and misleading, I purchased this plugin based on those words so that I could process payments on site and where customers would not leave the site.

I am now being told otherwise, and to me that is deception and not very happy, I am waiting for further feedback but for now I have wasted my money and am looking back to stripe as they process online.

Will update further as I find out more. But would love anybody from flynax to tell me why you sate it processes online then in another breath tell me no it does not?

kiowa
October 21, 2020, 03:50 AM
Hello pete,

The only thing the pwa really does is it allows you to access the website in a "container" without typing an adress in a browser. But you know that. Thats all it does
I think it also supposed to make the browsing faster as it uses cache on your phone or something like that.

Pete Young
October 21, 2020, 04:06 AM
Hello pete,

The only thing the pwa really does is it allows you to access the website in a "container" without typing an adress in a browser. But you know that. Thats all it does
I think it also supposed to make the browsing faster as it uses cache on your phone or something like that.

Thanks Kiowa, was it you that had a post some where on how to change the txt wording and colours in the plugin ? or some body else ? or am I dreaming I read this somewhere ?

kiowa
October 21, 2020, 07:32 AM
Yes pete was me.
You cant change text in message popup, its done by android and not the script.