PDA

View Full Version : Featured listing flaw?

Wei Hong
September 9, 2020, 08:17 AM
Featured listing is one attractive service no doubt. But there is a flaw?

say your listing is expired in 1 days and you feel needs to make it feature with the 5 days featured. You paid for it. And it's went up featured

After 1 days the listing is expired and gone, but wait you still have 4 more days featured paid. It all go to wasted.

My suggestion: Please add the option to add extra live durations from paid featured plan to current active duration.
With the above example with 1 last day active, then paid for a 5 days featured then the listing should be extend to be active for 5 more days.

Edit: I forgot to mention that upon renewing listing using a none-featured plan, you will end up losing featured status of your listing. If you have it.
So continue with the example above, customer realize that even paid with a 5 days featured plan, the listing still expired after 1 day. Disappointed but want to save the featured paid money by renewing the plan with none-feature plan. Featured status is ERASED upon doing this, leaving customers confused.
My in-dept testing thread: *https://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?4924-Changing-plan-bugs

Pete Young
September 9, 2020, 08:28 AM
? it should be adding 5 days on update ?

Wei Hong
September 9, 2020, 08:45 AM
? it should be adding 5 days on update ?

Hi Pete, it doesn't add 5 more days with 5 days featured plan. I forgot to add this. But after this point of paid for featured plan and realized the listing still expired. If user try to renew listing using regular plan, the featured status is GONE. Wasted of money and confused customers

Pete Young
September 9, 2020, 09:42 AM
is this with the "update to featured" type option ? it should be adding any days added ?

Wei Hong
September 9, 2020, 03:04 PM
is this with the "update to featured" type option ? it should be adding any days added ?

Yes this is the update to featured type options and it does not adding days.

Pete Young
September 9, 2020, 11:17 PM
Sure, I remeber having the same problem with that ages ago, I think if you instead of using upgrade option just have a free or paid option that would correct the situation?

I would need to test but instead of Upgrade to featured for 5 days, just have a 5 day featured plan, this would add then a 5 day featured run ? but I would need to double check this, it has been a while,

from memory I sent it all into flynax on a ticket and had them fix it all.

Pete

Ps I will be testing soon so will report my findings here for you.

Wei Hong
September 10, 2020, 04:34 AM
Sure, I remeber having the same problem with that ages ago, I think if you instead of using upgrade option just have a free or paid option that would correct the situation?

I would need to test but instead of Upgrade to featured for 5 days, just have a 5 day featured plan, this would add then a 5 day featured run ? but I would need to double check this, it has been a while,

from memory I sent it all into flynax on a ticket and had them fix it all.

Pete

Ps I will be testing soon so will report my findings here for you.

Yes that's a possible fix. But as I remember if you have different duration plan, they mixed up really bad with the active period. I need to test again, just tired to think about that as I spent ton of time testing and writing report everytime new version came out. But it hasn't been fixed since version 4.6.2, when I found it.
Here was the post I made in 2018
https://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?4924-Changing-plan-bugs

Wei Hong
September 10, 2020, 04:35 AM
So I ended up offer only 1 plan in my site. To avoid this bug.

Joe Can
September 10, 2020, 06:02 AM
Any advice on how to avoid?

Does this apply to listing packages or membership plans or both?

Wei Hong
September 10, 2020, 07:35 AM
Any advice on how to avoid?

Does this apply to listing packages or membership plans or both?

I have not test on membership plan yet. But I assume they has the same problem. Here is how to avoid the problems I report back in 2018

1. Don't offer featured plan. Bugs:
- The featured status mixed up with the regular active period. Renew or upgrade regular active period, let's say your listing is expiring soon or not, you renew the listing, your featured status is gone no matter what.
* I suggested a separated counter for featured status, so if you add more active day it does not remove the featured day. And a main counter that combine regular and featured.

2. Don't offer more than 1 plan. Bugs:
- If you used plan A, then renew with plan B, your active counter will either get subtract, or incorrect added.
* I suggested simple solution, to just add what every duration upon the active time.

Just use 1 plan only and no feature, you will be fine. Customers would not have an chance seeing those bug

Joe Can
September 10, 2020, 07:54 AM
When you use the word 'plan', are you referring to a 'membership plan'?

So basically all featured ads bon't work?

As my recent post noted, feature Content Boxes do not work either.

Is this software an 'Alpha' release or is it 'Stable' as I recently reported at least 3 other bugs?

kiowa
September 10, 2020, 07:56 AM
Instead of all the workarounds, why does flynax just not fix this issue?

Wei Hong
September 10, 2020, 08:08 AM
When you use the word 'plan', are you referring to a 'membership plan'?

So basically all featured ads bon't work?

As my recent post noted, feature Content Boxes do not work either.

Is this software an 'Alpha' release or is it 'Stable' as I recently reported at least 3 other bugs?

I meant listing plan since I don't use member plan. But I think they have the same issue.
Featured plan works, but you should warn users 2 things:
- Make sure the listing active day is longer than the featured plan offer. For example featured plan has 5 days offer. Listing should have active period longer than 5 days, or they are wasting money for example listing expire in 2 days but they paid for a 5 days featured.
- Make sure once user bought the featured plan, don't renew listing plan. Or they will lose the featured status.

This software is stable, just need to focus working with users to fix current bugs.

Instead of all the workarounds, why does flynax just not fix this issue?

Yes that what I thought when I reported the issue in 2018 with version 4.6.2. I'm then test very single new version release after up til today. You just take a look at my report with detail explanation and suggestion for fix. I spend ton of time. I have not mentioned that I created support tickets as well, probably 2-3 and was told it will be fixed. It was not. So I just ignore it and don't use more than 1 plan, and no featured plan. I can do this because my site is still testing site for main purpose.

Joe Can
September 10, 2020, 08:22 AM
Wei,

Thank you.

May I ask what you listing plan offers?

Pete Young
September 10, 2020, 09:44 AM
it should be possible to have a normal plan and featured? free + paid ads? I am about to do some testing so will update my findings here for you.

Wei Hong
September 11, 2020, 04:53 AM
Wei,

Thank you.

May I ask what you listing plan offers?
I have one listing for 30 days for all categories only. Keep in mind that my site is for developing purpose so 99% of the listing was mine posting testing.

it should be possible to have a normal plan and featured? free + paid ads? I am about to do some testing so will update my findings here for you.
Yes I thought about this many times before. To have a normal + featured plan for example you choose this plan you have 5 days featured and 30 days none-feature active time. But with the current bugs unfixed I just don't want to add new enhanced functions to the team.

Pete Young
September 11, 2020, 05:44 AM
Edit Wei,

I have tested this and it seems fine I am using single plans and a free version and a paid featured version.

so if I do a free listing I get

Active
Added Sep 11, 2020
Active till Sep 18, 2020
Plan Members
Renew/Upgrade Package

so far all is good.

Now if I choose to change and go to featured (not not upgrade to featured) just a single action featured, I get

Active
Added Sep 11, 2020
Active till Sep 25, 2020
Plan Members Featured
Renew/Upgrade Package
Featured till Sep 18, 2020

which is all good (both times are set to seven days) so the first one is 11 plus 7 = 18 which is correct then I decide to add a featured option again at 7 days I get

18 = 7 = 25 which is a correct time for expiry and my featured length runs for 7 days till the 18th which is also correct ?

? are you doing something different for it to get an error ?

Wei Hong
September 11, 2020, 05:55 AM
Edit Wei,

I have tested this and it seems fine I am using single plans and a free version and a paid featured version.

so if I do a free listing I get

Active
Added Sep 11, 2020
Active till Sep 18, 2020
Plan Members
Renew/Upgrade Package

so far all is good.

Now if I choose to change and go to featured (not not upgrade to featured) just a single action featured, I get

Active
Added Sep 11, 2020
Active till Sep 25, 2020
Plan Members Featured
Renew/Upgrade Package
Featured till Sep 18, 2020

which is all good (both times are set to seven days) so the first one is 11 plus 7 = 18 which is correct then I decide to add a featured option again at 7 days I get

18 = 7 = 25 which is a correct time for expiry and my featured length runs for 7 days till the 18th which is also correct ?

? are you doing something different for it to get an error ?

Hey Pete, as I mentioned above. This issue happen with plan with different duration days. Like plan A: 3 days, plan B: 5 days. And the issue with featured was upgrade to feature, which does not add days. If you use single plan feature the it does add I assume it works like none-feature, but must have the same duration like 7 days ? The risk is if they renew their ads with none feature plan while having feature status, they LOSE the feature status right away.

Wei Hong
September 11, 2020, 05:56 AM
Check my post here:

Problem 1: Offer multiple listing plans with different active duration (days).

Pete Young
September 11, 2020, 06:29 AM
ok will trial different days, but now really confused with the monetize plugin nothing seems to be working with that properly, frustrated.

Wei Hong
September 11, 2020, 06:53 AM
ok will trial different days, but now really confused with the monetize plugin nothing seems to be working with that properly, frustrated.

When I read about the monetize plugin I was so hype. Then tried it and with this bugs, I just lost my energy to try anything new. I will pick it up again later.

Pete Young
September 11, 2020, 07:28 AM
Ok tested different days and yes there is an error, so what happens is it ads the days of the update not the existing plan.

Does anyone know where I find the code that update runs on as I will try and debug it.

yes I disabled monetize before I got too angry with it.

I had to disable the rubbish bin because after I refreshed system I found all of my deleted tests back in my listings so that also is faulty.

I have set a listing to require a picture but that does not work

and yes sent in filters to be fixed as that is faulty

seems like the old days lol. I do not think I have found one thing working properly today.

The joys.

Joe Can
September 11, 2020, 09:27 AM
So the plug thinks 1 day non featured listing +5 day featured =1 day festured?

Pete Young
September 12, 2020, 04:59 AM
OK I think I have found a solution all be it a temp one for solving the problem of updates between free and paid and different timings, it is not perfect but I think it can work ?

first you need to just set up a free account and the days need to be set high ? say something like 90 days as an example, then set up a upgrade to featured at say 30 days (currently when you upgrade to featured it does not add any days to the existing time line), so if the time remaining is less than 30 days in this example then they are all out of love when the timer rings and they loose their loving on the featured listing.

To fix this I just created a text box and placed it above the listing page which tells people what to do of sorts ?

https://forum.flynax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3854&d=1599886669

thoughts ? maybe this can be improved ?

Wei Hong
September 12, 2020, 05:13 AM
OK I think I have found a solution all be it a temp one for solving the problem of updates between free and paid and different timings, it is not perfect but I think it can work ?

first you need to just set up a free account and the days need to be set high ? say something like 90 days as an example, then set up a upgrade to featured at say 30 days (currently when you upgrade to featured it does not add any days to the existing time line), so if the time remaining is less than 30 days in this example then they are all out of love when the timer rings and they loose their loving on the featured listing.

To fix this I just created a text box and placed it above the listing page which tells people what to do of sorts ?

https://forum.flynax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3854&d=1599886669

thoughts ? maybe this can be improved ?

Thanks, Pete. For the suggestion. I guess it might work if we tell the user about the issue. Making free 90 days, and 30 days Featured is actually abit too much, if some one was to monetize the plan. Best solution is Flynax fix it, it's been so long.

Pete Young
September 12, 2020, 05:24 AM
The time periods people use is optional and up to them, they would just need to change the wording, and then when the problem is fixed we can just delete the message, well that was the thinking ?

Update > I have changed the wording slightly to tell people regardless to update first and to also add a section telling them to let it run its full course ( I do not have the words correct yet but the idea)

So all that is important now regardless of days set is that the free amount of days is always set to the max number of featured days + 1

By that if you have a setting of say 7 featured days, you must make your free upgrade at a minimum of 8 per say and that way it can never go wrong (one hopes) and yes when its fixed you can delete the message.

Important: Before selecting the Upgrade to Featured option, Please Renew/Upgrade Your Package first, this will ensure that your upgraded future option will run its full course.

* It is also important to note that you should not Renew/Upgrade Your Package while your featured ad is active, otherwise you will lose any remaining featured time/exposure.

Pete Young
September 12, 2020, 10:07 PM
Thanks, Pete. For the suggestion. I guess it might work if we tell the user about the issue. Making free 90 days, and 30 days Featured is actually abit too much, if some one was to monetize the plan. Best solution is Flynax fix it, it's been so long.

Yes, I agree on that so that is what we can work on and get a fix, I remember this problem from years ago as well, I will try and find where the code for this is and fix it, it should be a simple fix just whoever done it did not understand the maths of it.

If anyone can point me to where the code updates these numbers please yell out, thanks

Edit: Wei I have gone back and read what posts I could find and can see that this was reported ages ago and that there was a supposed fix, so maybe flynax can post the fix here now so we can make the changes and not have to wait for the next update.

Viktor or Rudi, can we get that to happen here, please?

Joe Can
September 13, 2020, 01:58 AM
Pete,

I was reading old forum posts and ran across this thread:

- Thread Name: CRITICAL FLAW: Renew upgrade feature doesn't work as it should
- URL: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?1623-CRITICAL-FLAW-Renew-upgrade-feature-doesn-t-work-as-it-should

Might not be what you are discussing above, but thought to post it just in case.

If the post does not discuss the same issue, let me know so I can delete it so as not to confuse others reading the post.

Wei Hong
September 13, 2020, 04:28 AM
Yes, I agree on that so that is what we can work on and get a fix, I remember this problem from years ago as well, I will try and find where the code for this is and fix it, it should be a simple fix just whoever done it did not understand the maths of it.

If anyone can point me to where the code updates these numbers please yell out, thanks

Edit: Wei I have gone back and read what posts I could find and can see that this was reported ages ago and that there was a supposed fix, so maybe flynax can post the fix here now so we can make the changes and not have to wait for the next update.

Viktor or Rudi, can we get that to happen here, please?

Yea, I had some hope Flynax would fix it. I raised thread on forum and support tickets. And they said they would.

Pete,

I was reading old forum posts and ran across this thread:

- Thread Name: CRITICAL FLAW: Renew upgrade feature doesn't work as it should
- URL: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?1623-CRITICAL-FLAW-Renew-upgrade-feature-doesn-t-work-as-it-should

Might not be what you are discussing above, but thought to post it just in case.

If the post does not discuss the same issue, let me know so I can delete it so as not to confuse others reading the post.

This issue was also posted by me 7 years ago. Fortunately, Flynax fixed it and implement the fix to their updated software.
Basically this issue was about renewing listing, after renewing, listing posting date does not updated and does not bump up listing. Think about your listing posted 30 days ago and buried in page 50+, you paid for renew today, it should be bump up to page 1. Anyway, they listened, and it's all good now. Now, after renew, listing is bump up to top, versus before, nope, you stay at wherever you are.

Pete Young
September 14, 2020, 11:27 PM
Trying to get these packages working and only one word after now 2 days is frustrated, it should not be a exercise to get this right, guys can we get a fix on this please this should not be mission impossible.

Logic error occurred, contact Flynax support please...

Joe Can
September 15, 2020, 02:50 AM
We need to get an official response from Fltnax so we can adjust accordingly.

Wei Hong
September 15, 2020, 04:16 AM
Trying to get these packages working and only one word after now 2 days is frustrated, it should not be a exercise to get this right, guys can we get a fix on this please this should not be mission impossible.

Yea now you know how I felt when I tested and created those reports years ago. That's ton of work and yet was not taken seriously. Not too many people found out about this since this mostly come from customer stand point.

We need to get an official response from Fltnax so we can adjust accordingly.

I'm still waiting patiently. I was hoping whoever customers are using Flynax and offering paid listing plan would push this to be fixed. As it will make their customers who paid angry for not getting what they paid for.

Rudi
September 15, 2020, 04:51 AM

Hello,

Can you give some steps on how to reproduce this error?

Pete Young
September 15, 2020, 09:54 AM
Hello,

Can you give some steps on how to reproduce this error?

Yes Rudi I have done a quick video for you and I will PM it to your message box for you, thank you for any help.

Pete

Wei Hong
September 16, 2020, 08:15 AM
After 4 pages of discussion, still no official response from Flynax team. Not sure what is the problem.
I will arrange my schedule and spend this weekend testing on the new version 4.8.1 regarding the changing plan bug, and featured plan issue, addressed here in 2018:

Then create a new thread with a more catching title like this one: CRITICAL FLAW: Renew upgrade feature doesn't work as it should
https://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?1623-CRITICAL-FLAW-Renew-upgrade-feature-doesn-t-work-as-it-should

I will try to make it as simple and as short and easy to understand as possible, with my limited English sadly. :(((

The reason why I haven't push this for years was because my site is pretty much only me and a few friends testing. If it's getting more popular this definitely will create huge confusion to customers. It's really time both Flynax and Flynax site owners look into this issue seriously.
:(((((

Joe Can
September 16, 2020, 08:30 AM
Flynax needs to stop selling the plugin as it diceptive advertising.

Pete Young
September 16, 2020, 09:20 AM
After 4 pages of discussion, still no official response from Flynax team. Not sure what is the problem.
I will arrange my schedule and spend this weekend testing on the new version 4.8.1 regarding the changing plan bug, and featured plan issue, addressed here in 2018:

Then create a new thread with a more catching title like this one: CRITICAL FLAW: Renew upgrade feature doesn't work as it should
https://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?1623-CRITICAL-FLAW-Renew-upgrade-feature-doesn-t-work-as-it-should

I will try to make it as simple and as short and easy to understand as possible, with my limited English sadly. :(((

The reason why I haven't push this for years was because my site is pretty much only me and a few friends testing. If it's getting more popular this definitely will create huge confusion to customers. It's really time both Flynax and Flynax site owners look into this issue seriously.
:(((((

Wei, I have been able to create an option that is working and will allow people to get underway with the existing system, I plan to post the solution up soon, just been flat out busy with 100 fires going at once.

I am also sure flynax will sort things, they have been very good at helping and sorting things lately, so I see a positive result on the horizon.

Pete Young
September 16, 2020, 10:03 AM
Hello Wei / All, below is a combination if the things that do work and will allow you (or anyone) to get a system up and running of sorts without problems.

1. First forget about the upgrade to featured for now as it is problematic to use as it does not add days onto the time frame making it a nightmare to use.

So instead of that simply use straight Standard or Featured listing options but not the Upgrade options.

2. (For Me) I ended up dumping the Monetizer because trying to get all of that sorted plus the many bugs in the Listing packages became to confusing, so for now I have left them be and will come back to Monetizer after the Listing packages are sorted. NB: The Monetizer seems like a good plugin and not saying anything bad about it, just I was trying to sort one thing to get that work in a way so I removed that as a possible problem.

3. You can use the single listing package, I have set one up on a use as many times as you want for free with just the option to add images and as a standard listing. (My plan is to use this as a lure or freeby to help bring people into the site and use it.

4. I then added 2 multi listing packages, but here it is important to note that when using multi listing (for me and probably you) that if you have either the standard or featured option set to 0 (or endless usses that the system fails and causes errors.

So the only way to use multi level is to ensure you have numbers in both the Standard and Featured sections to avoid this happening.

What I did in my example was set the featured to 4 and then I also set the Standard to 4 and the in that package I allowed for mirroring, and a video, I then sold it as you are buying the 4 featured listing options and you are getting 4 upgraded standard option as a bonus per se.

I then simply made a bigger package based on the same thinking for 16 listings

the first Package i will charge $4 for or a $1 each and the second I will set at $12 or .75c each, and I could make and add a bigger package if required.

5. What is 100% important is that your times stay the same across all packages and types, so in that I have chosen 90 days, so all packages / listings run for 90 days, that free, standard and featured listings and by doing this the system stays in tune, you can choose to upgrade per say to featured and the system ads 90 and upgrades to featured and does not miss a beat. everything works as it should.

There is only one small fault that we can live with and that is if somebody moves from featured to a standard listing before the featured option expires then they loose any remaining featured options, so I have covered this off with a text box placed on the upgrades page.

This set up I have tested over and over and it works without fail and everything does not have a problem.

So, do not use upgrade to featured, use single options ok and multi so long as both standard and featured have numbers and all works well.

My Info supplied for Multi packages (the wording might change as I refine) placed in the listing info box

Members (Featured * 4) Price $4. This package contains 4 Featured Listings, all listings live for 90 days and include, 5 pictures, 1 video + 3 mirror listings (allows for (3) mirror categories, in which your listings can also be displayed.) Featured Listings are displayed at the top of all listings in last updated order + all featured listings are displayed in our extra banner spots (related to its chosen categories) located at the top left of each page giving you maximum exposure to your products and or services.

+ 4 Bonus Upgraded Standard Listings, all listings live for 90 Days and include, 5 pictures, 1 video + 3 mirror listings (allows for (3) mirror categories, in which your listings can also be displayed.) Standard Listings are displayed below the Featured listing in last updated order.

My info on the upgrade page is

Important: Where possible you should avoid Renewing/Downgrading your listing from a Featured to a Standard listing while your Featured listing is still active, as you will lose any featured time/exposure remaining on that featured listing by doing so. For the best practices, let your featured listing expire before downgrading to a standard listing.

https://forum.flynax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3858&d=1600250516

NOTE I have sent Rudi a video of some of the problems I have found and I am confident that these guys will get this sorted and that for me anyway they have been fantastic with support (the whole team) so for now there is a workaround that does allow people to move forward with a simple workable system until this is sorted in full.

Also Note I chose 90 days because that is what works for me, (mainly because 90 * 4 (my 4 pack) would gve people approx a years worth of listings if they had one ad per say) so please choose your own numbers that you and or your business.

kiowa
September 16, 2020, 10:47 AM
Thank you so much Pete, this is awsome example and info!

Joe Can
September 16, 2020, 11:18 AM
I recommend that your email templates also contains some language.There are about 10 templates relating to these issues.

Joe Can
September 16, 2020, 11:24 AM
So my understanding is that my free listing package must give at least one free featured ad? That sucks as featured listing sell for 50 USD by the company I will compete against. 10 Gmail accounts = 10 free featured listing.

Joe Can
September 16, 2020, 12:48 PM
Pete,

If I was to summarize your post, would the following be correct:

A. No, using Listing Plans and Membership Plans at the same time
B. No, using upgrade to Featured
C. No, Standard and Featured Listings, only Standard or Featured Listings
D. No, Monetizer plugin
E. No, Multi-listing Packages with 0 Standard or 0 Featured Listings and both listing types must be equal in number
F. No, offering different live periods across all Listing Packages
G. No, moving from Featured to Standard Listings before a Feature Listing expires
H. Unsure, No offering a Featured only Listing Listing package along with other Standard Listing Packages?

Pete Young
September 16, 2020, 11:16 PM
I recommend that your email templates also contains some language.There are about 10 templates relating to these issues.

Joe, all email templates are at best place holders only, you will need to test each email and adjust the text to suit your needs. It is impossible for flynax to please everyone with the wording, and as such yes, test every email and adjust settings and wording t0 best suit your needs and as such there are no issues with the email templates.

Pete Young
September 16, 2020, 11:18 PM
So my understanding is that my free listing package must give at least one free featured ad? That sucks as featured listing sell for 50 USD by the company I will compete against. 10 Gmail accounts = 10 free featured listing.

Joe, no it does not mean that, you can use a single listing option for free ads.

Pete Young
September 16, 2020, 11:34 PM
Pete,

If I was to summarize your post, would the following be correct:

A. No, using Listing Plans and Membership Plans at the same time
B. No, using the upgrade to Featured
C. No, Standard and Featured Listings, only Standard or Featured Listings
D. No, Monetizer plugin
E. No, Multi-listing Packages with 0 Standard or 0 Featured Listings and both listing types must be equal in number
F. No, offering different live periods across all Listing Packages
G. No, moving from Featured to Standard Listings before a Feature Listing expires
H. Unsure, No offering a Featured only Listing Listing package along with other Standard Listing Packages?

A. Joe I never at any time mentioned Listing Packages and Membership plans in the same sentence so not sure where that came from, but in answering that question and from past experience I did not find that they worked well together, maybe I was wrong but for me, it was one or the other and not both together, that does not mean it can not work together just for me it did not.

B. Correct as best I can see at the moment it causes problems in that when upgrading to featured it does not add the numbers of days to the counter meaning the listing could expire before the featured listing runs its course. To avoid telling people to upgrade their standard listing before applying an upgrade to featured yes I would leave this out for now.

C.? Yes, you can have standard and featured together in multi listings so long as they both have numbers, you can have them together if one is set to 0 as that currently causes an error and you can have a standard or featured single listings as well.

D. I have said I removed it because I wanted a focus on just fixing the listings plans for a workable solution, it is up to others if they they want to add it back in and test it further and from what I see there is nothing wrong with monitizer it is that I chose to remove all other options for this test, feel free to test it yourself if you want to use it.

E. No Multi listing must both have numbers with no 0 but the numbers of listings do not need to be the same, you can have 5 featured and 20 standard if you wish, the number that needs to stay the same across all packages is the number of active days for example 90 days.

F. that is correct otherwise, for now, it throws all updates out of whack unless I am missing something, feel free to test it out you might find something I missed.

G. Yes well that's what I recommended and shown a simple message to put on the update page for that

H. ? not sure what your question is but yes you could have a featured only single list package and a standard only single list package, just test out the different options to find what works for you.

Joe Can
September 17, 2020, 01:57 AM
I am not saying there is an issue with email templates. I am saying they should not be ignored. The language in the templates should match your plan setup. They possibly should contain warnings, if any. I agree, we need to personalize them on our own not Flynax. Next week, I will give everyone my revision of all email templates changed to reflect only listing packages.

Joe Can
September 17, 2020, 02:21 AM
Thank you for the great guidance Pete.

Wei Hong
September 17, 2020, 03:18 AM
Thanks Pete for the temporary solution.
- So we still need to have all plan (including featured plan) must have the same duration, which mean all plan must have the same 10 days, same 20 days, or same X days. If we have different duration plan and the customers renew their listing with those different duration plans, them and us are screwed, hard. This is not OK, as a classified ads website, we should be able to offer variable plan with different duration and prices.

The warning you have are useful, but at the same time make our site sketchy/fishy when the customers look at it they think, woot. Why remove my paid featured if I paid you more for regular active day? I still have 10 days featured, my ads expired in a couple day. And I will be on vacation tomorrow, and won't be back for 30 days. I don't want my ads expired, and don't want to lose my paid featured.

Still it's all we can do to patch this bugs. What makes me unhappy was that this bugs was reported repeatedly since 2018, 2019, 2020 in every version 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.2, 4.8.0. I raised it every version every year. I was told in ticket it would be fixed. And yet.

If you look at it this is the MAJOR ISSUE for a classified ads website. Offering listing plans was the main function.

Joe Can
September 17, 2020, 04:40 AM
Agree with above. I want to offer 3, 6, 9, & 12 month plans.

Pete Young
September 17, 2020, 05:00 AM
Thanks Pete for the temporary solution.
- So we still need to have all plan (including featured plan) must have the same duration, which mean all plan must have the same 10 days, same 20 days, or same X days. If we have different duration plan and the customers renew their listing with those different duration plans, them and us are screwed, hard. This is not OK, as a classified ads website, we should be able to offer variable plan with different duration and prices.

Still, it's all we can do to patch this bugs. What makes me unhappy was that this bugs was reported repeatedly since 2018, 2019, 2020 in every version 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.2, 4.8.0. I raised it every version every year. I was told in the ticket it would be fixed. And yet.

If you look at it this is the MAJOR ISSUE for a classified ads website. Offering listing plans was the main function.

Yes Wei for now for me at least with my tests yes you need to have the same day durations for things to work, I may be wrong though so others can do their own tests.

Wei, I am not saying it is right, because it does need fixing, I was just trying to find a way for people to be able to use what is there now as a way to get something to work, for now, I think everyone including flynax understands it needs to be fixed properly.

Again I was just trying to find a temp solution until that happened, I can see that you are still upset over it not being fixed after all of this time and all of the work you have put into helping to sort this problem, I know I would also be upset and I understand how you feel.

Let's hope that now once and for all this issue is fixed.

It was claimed in one of your old posts that the fix would be rolled out, that's why I asked for the fix to be posted here so we could fix it ourselves until the new versions came out, but that has not happened and why posted a temp option that I have tested and know works, even though it is restrictive and not probably the best outcome that people were hoping for.

Pete

Pete Young
September 17, 2020, 05:02 AM
Agree with above. I want to offer 3, 6, 9, & 12 month plans.

with the system I showed you that is possible, so say you set up 90-day listings, that is your 3 months, and let's say somebody wanted 6 months they would simply select 2X 90 day options (one after each other) at the same time and this would give them a 6-month listing, want 12 months it would select * 4 etc.

Rudi
September 22, 2020, 03:34 AM
Yes Rudi I have done a quick video for you and I will PM it to your message box for you, thank you for any help.

Hello Pete,

I couldn't reply to you by PM because you need to remove inbox/sent messages to free some space

thank you for the explanation,

could you create a ticket attaching that video?

because these tricky errors are related to each other and should be investigated individually by our department

Thanks