PDA

View Full Version : Release schedule for v4.8.1 ?

Graham Jupp
May 19, 2020, 12:27 AM
So it's been nearly 6 months since the release of 4.8 back in November 2019 and there have been a bunch of both minor and more serious bugs identified and DIY fixes detailed in the forums. Forum fixes are great, but they are easy to overlook from a site owner's perspective unless they are constantly on the forum every day.

Could we get an approximate idea of when all these bug fixes might be rolled into an official update please? Im considering starting afresh with a clean install and wondering if I should wait a while or if a point release is just around the corner.

A "roadmap" release schedule would also go a long way to helping your customers get a better feel of when they might expect new versions and what bugs are being addressed in upcoming versions etc. Most people understand that date estimates are not always able to be met but a public release schedule can help to increase trust in a company, as well as help acquire and retain customers.

I have noticed that a fair amount of emphasis is placed on informing customers (via twitter) about upcoming releases for plugins and what flynax is working on in that regard, but public information about updates to the base software seems to neglected. I feel this is an oversite and needs to be addressed.

Jason Barbour
May 19, 2020, 02:25 AM
A roadmap would be fantastic

Wei Hong
May 19, 2020, 06:01 AM
So it's been nearly 6 months since the release of 4.8 back in November 2019 and there have been a bunch of both minor and more serious bugs identified and DIY fixes detailed in the forums. Forum fixes are great, but they are easy to overlook from a site owner's perspective unless they are constantly on the forum every day.

Could we get an approximate idea of when all these bug fixes might be rolled into an official update please? Im considering starting afresh with a clean install and wondering if I should wait a while or if a point release is just around the corner.

A "roadmap" release schedule would also go a long way to helping your customers get a better feel of when they might expect new versions and what bugs are being addressed in upcoming versions etc. Most people understand that date estimates are not always able to be met but a public release schedule can help to increase trust in a company, as well as help acquire and retain customers.

I have noticed that a fair amount of emphasis is placed on informing customers (via twitter) about upcoming releases for plugins and what flynax is working on in that regard, but public information about updates to the base software seems to neglected. I feel this is an oversite and needs to be addressed.

I'm still looking forward to them fixing the renewing listing plan bug. I can't offer more than 1 listing plan that has different duration (day) because of that bug, still exists in 4.8.

Graham Jupp
May 25, 2020, 04:45 AM
Any flynax staff willing to provide an estimate on the next point release?

If not, are any members aware of their previous release schedule, has it been once a year, twice a year etc?