PDA

View Full Version : Flynax stop honoring FullFly Clients?

Wei Hong
April 29, 2020, 08:31 AM
Hello,

I bought 2 flynax licenses back in 2013 for about $1,200 ( ~$600 each) and it was advertised as one license for one software type (classifieds, auto, boat, etc) with everything including software updates, themes, and plugin.

Then Flynax changed business model and offer less expensive software, now it's only 200 for software license, everything else premium cost money. But Flynax still honoring us and didn't charge any extra which was great. I saw new premium templates and plugins added to our accounts with no charge.

Was very happy with Flynax business conduct and has been referring the software to many of my colleague at work since 2013.
But today I saw a price tag on Account Synchronizer Plugin, interestingly this was actually one of many suggestion I made to Flynax years ago, glad they made it possible. Does this mean Flynax stop honoring us? Does it mean we are now the same as regular customer which having to pay for premium plugin.

Just want to make sure that I'm understanding right. Because honestly I only used a handful of the premium plugins. Many of them we don't need.

Thank you

Pete Young
April 29, 2020, 09:36 AM
Wei, You should still be able to download and install it from your admin panel? Have you tried that?

Wei Hong
April 29, 2020, 09:48 AM
Wei, You should still be able to download and install it from your admin panel? Have you tried that?

Hi Pete, I checked my admincp today and saw Account Synchronizer Plugin with Buy Plugin button next to it. Clicking on the button get me to a popup asking for payment credentials. Was yours having the same thing?

kiowa
April 29, 2020, 10:04 AM
Hello wei,
Mine is the same as yours. Not that i have use for the plugin now. Looks like you have to pay for it.

kiowa
April 29, 2020, 10:06 AM
Theres just 2 things im waiting for. The PWA plugin and the updated shopping cart.

Wei Hong
April 29, 2020, 10:16 AM
Hello wei,
Mine is the same as yours. Not that i have use for the plugin now. Looks like you have to pay for it.

Hi kiowa,

Did you pay $600 for the license? Or $200? Was you a FullFly customers back in the day?

kiowa
April 29, 2020, 10:18 AM
Yes payed 600 for it in 2013.

David
April 29, 2020, 10:20 AM
We're very glad that our old customers are still engaged in the classifieds business and keep using our forum. We're also grateful to you for contributing to the software development.

Today we're asking you to take a look at the situation from our perspective. We sold a number of FylFly licenses when the package was on offer and every owner of the FullFly license got a full package at that time with all the plugins and themes and have been getting the add-ons till April 22, 2020.

We must admit that the number of plugins with massive functionality keeps growing, which takes more and more time for support now, despite the fact that we test them properly before the release.

The number of customers and requests from our customers, doubled by the quarantine, also keeps growing, which also takes more and more resources and time.

We believe the 25 or 45 USD that you will spend on a new plugin will help us keep Flynax viable.

As you said, you don't need all the plugins we release meaning out of 3 new plugins you might want only one or two, which is unlikely to be a heavy burden on your budget.

kiowa
April 29, 2020, 10:22 AM
I must say im looking to get another license soon but will have to pick and choose a handfull of plugins i use now.

kiowa
April 29, 2020, 10:27 AM
If flynax shut doors where can we get support from. Has flynax ever considered that? Will we get contacts for developers so we can carry on using it should technical problems arise?

Wei Hong
April 29, 2020, 10:58 AM
We're very glad that our old customers are still engaged in the classifieds business and keep using our forum. We're also grateful to you for contributing to the software development.

Today we're asking you to take a look at the situation from our perspective. We sold a number of FylFly licenses when the package was on offer and every owner of the FullFly license got a full package at that time with all the plugins and themes and have been getting the add-ons till April 22, 2020.

We must admit that the number of plugins with massive functionality keeps growing, which takes more and more time for support now, despite the fact that we test them properly before the release.

The number of customers and requests from our customers, doubled by the quarantine, also keeps growing, which also takes more and more resources and time.

We believe the 25 or 45 USD that you will spend on a new plugin will help us keep Flynax viable.

As you said, you don't need all the plugins we release meaning out of 3 new plugins you might want only one or two, which is unlikely to be a heavy burden on your budget.

Hi David,

Yes we are still engaging and continue to contribute to Flynax bug fixes and improvements. Just look at my post counts.

And Yes when I look at Flynax perspective, it's clearly a big plus to charge extra for old FullFly customers.
But has Flynax try looking at our customers perspective, it's a different story:
1. The contract we had agreed upon was somewhat breached since customer paid for "full package" but now it's not a "full package" anymore. We did not even get any notification prior, and only found out by ourselves today, which is kind of hurtful.
2. When I said I don't need all plugins, it's really true. But now the one I need and had making suggestion for it years ago is the one notified me that Flynax is not honoring the FullFly customers anymore. When I looked at this, it's telling me I spent money on a lot of plugins I never have any use for.

Honestly, for 7 years working with Flynax I haven't make any money yet. Mostly developing and bug reporting, all current listing on my sites are from my admin accounts. In other hand, I spent a lot of time, effort and more money for extending support, customization, etc. So knowing this news today making me very unhappy. :(
I still think Flynax should keep their old contracts with their old customers remain valid as we mutual agreed upon to when making the payment. Flynax should rethink about it in business ethic conduct.

Wei Hong
April 29, 2020, 10:59 AM
Yes payed 600 for it in 2013.

Ah I see, but your account says Join Date July 2019. You bought multiple licenses as well?

Pete Young
April 29, 2020, 11:09 AM
I see yes it is a paid update, so does this mean that they will roll back and start charging for the other old plugins, in a real-world people should be told of these changes and what they mean in black and white before they are rolled out.

kiowa
April 29, 2020, 11:11 AM
No they rejoined me to the forum. Something went wrong and they took me of the forum. Actually been on this forum since 2013

David
April 29, 2020, 11:12 AM
Hey guys, we're not shutting down. We simply removed the old license scheme that caused us a lot of problems technically. If you need a new add-on, just shoot us an email and we'll give you a good discount ;-)

Pete Young
April 29, 2020, 11:18 AM
Hey guys, we're not shutting down. We simply removed the old license scheme that caused us a lot of problems technically. If you need a new add-on, just shoot us an email and we'll give you a good discount ;-)

David can you clearly explain this change, please.

Is it that any new plugin from now we will need to pay for, or is it all plugins regardless?

Thanks
Pete

Wei Hong
April 29, 2020, 11:26 AM

Is it that any new plugin from now we will need to pay for, or is it all plugins regardless?

Thanks
Pete

Yes I'm still confusing. It's kinda shady for acting and making changes to what you had agreed to sell to customers without official notification. What has been changed and why it's fair for both parties to agreement.

David
April 30, 2020, 10:53 AM

Thanks
Pete

Hello guys,

You keep all the plugins that you got with the FullFly package till April 20, 2020. We're talking about the new plugins that will be released since April 22, 2020.

We apologize for not letting you know about the changes beforehand. This is really our oversight.

Pete Young
May 2, 2020, 04:55 AM
Hello guys,

You keep all the plugins that you got with the FullFly package till April 20, 2020. We're talking about the new plugins that will be released since April 22, 2020.

We apologize for not letting you know about the changes beforehand. This is really our oversight.

No worries David, all good, I have no problems paying for any future plugins, thanks for the update.

Wei Hong
May 2, 2020, 06:42 AM
Hello guys,

I see. Thank you for clarification

Bahram Soltanirad
May 4, 2020, 04:14 AM
New plugins like PWA are not installable in demo! Then how users can check them? Is this the new policy of flynax?

Rudi
May 4, 2020, 06:14 AM
Hello,

It will be available tomorrow

Bahram Soltanirad
May 5, 2020, 06:38 PM
Thanks Rudi, I tested it with demo but nothing happened on my Android phone Mi 4.

Rudi
May 5, 2020, 07:18 PM
Could you create a ticket regarding this issue?

Bahram Soltanirad
May 6, 2020, 05:51 AM
Could you create a ticket regarding this issue?

Hello Rudi,
I have not PWA plugin, but it seems the problem is
<script src="https://classifieds.demoflynax.com/upup.min.js"></script> which obviously should be
<script src="https://classifieds.demoflynax.com/plugins/PWA/static/upup.min.js (https://classifieds.demoflynax.com/upup.min.js)"></script>

I sent a PM about create tickets.

Christoph Mosimann
May 11, 2020, 05:59 PM
I paid 600 USD for the license which includes all plugins, now you guys have changed the license so that we have to pay for the new plugins. This is not fair at all from many point of views and I will explain why below:

1. The license is clearly for all plugins and there was never any indicator that this will change. This is what I paid for.
2. I paid 600 USD for the license, let's have a look at the current licenses:
-195 USD for the license including many free plugins
-95 USD for a premium template
-and let's say I need 3 -5 premium plugins for 100 USD
That is less than 400 USD for the same thing, and it even has newer versions and less bugs I paid 600 USD for this. I never needed the mobile apps and never will.

So i paid 600 USD for something that costs only 400 USD now, with newer updates and less bugs. How is this fair?

Please do the right thing flynax team and honor your promises, especially for your oldest customers!

Rudi
May 11, 2020, 06:59 PM
Hello Christoph Mosimann,

As was mentioned below, the FullFly package owners have access to all plugins released till April 20, 2020,

it means that you can use 42 premium plugins in fact.

Now if you'd like to compare these two licenses let's make more objective calculations:

without the script and template cost you have access to premium plugins whose total cost is far behind 600 USD. You can check it yourself: https://www.flynax.com/plugins/category/premium.html

and I don't think that you use only 3-5 premium plugins on your site where at least 8 plugins are required for working site as they are most used: https://www.flynax.com/plugins/category/premium.html?sort_by=popular

Christoph Mosimann
May 13, 2020, 01:35 PM
Hello Christoph Mosimann,

As was mentioned below, the FullFly package owners have access to all plugins released till April 20, 2020,

it means that you can use 42 premium plugins in fact.

Now if you'd like to compare these two licenses let's make more objective calculations:

without the script and template cost you have access to premium plugins whose total cost is far behind 600 USD. You can check it yourself: https://www.flynax.com/plugins/category/premium.html

and I don't think that you use only 3-5 premium plugins on your site where at least 8 plugins are required for working site as they are most used: https://www.flynax.com/plugins/category/premium.html?sort_by=popular

I get what you mean, however my point is that nobody needs all these premium plugins, we just need a few of them. most basic functionalities are covered by core or free plugins. the advantage of the FullFly package was the freedom of choice. Anyway I just wanted to let the team of flynax know that in my opinion, it is not the right thing to do. I have in fact other accounts from other web services like ahrefs, and they still honor their old accounts (6 years or older) even if the same account costs 5 or 6 times more today, I still pay the old rate.

Pete Young
September 16, 2020, 11:42 PM

David I would like to get a few of the new options could I get a pm with a discount code please or is it best to fire an email in.

Thanks Pete

Dale B
September 19, 2020, 09:34 AM
So if I pay for support, and you are that busy you don't get to me. whats happens to what I just paid for?...

Just asking.