PDA

View Full Version : Realty Nova, SEARCH ON MAP header inconsistent with rest of headers on other pages

Graham Jupp
February 27, 2020, 12:29 AM
There appears to be some template design continuity issues with several of the templates regarding the same issue below but for the purpose of this thread I am using Realty Nova template.

The header section (logo/menu area) at the top of the "Search on map" page does not match the look and feel of the rest of the pages when viewed on PC (and also mobile in some ways). On PC the vertical header size is not as high, does not allow for the same size logo height as other pages without the logo overlapping onto the area below the header, missing background fill image, missing the "inverted peak" style of mask area, missing the phone and email section etc.

On mobile, the appearance is perhaps a little more consistant with rest of the pages and my logo seems to work ok here, however the height of the header is less than the other pages and the header background image is missing.

What was the reasoning behind the differences to the template on this page? Was there not enough space? Does the inverted peak header cause issues with the map?

I'm wanting to know firstly how we can adjust the header so it matches the other pages but if that is not possible due to size constraints or map issues can someone please tell me how to resize the logo just on this page using code as well as adding the background image into the header.

Thanks in advance.

Graham Jupp
March 2, 2020, 03:16 AM
Just bumping this one as no response.

Rudi
March 2, 2020, 04:09 AM
Hello,

Could you create a ticket attaching some images of the issues?

and if it's really template issue we'll fix it

Thanks

Graham Jupp
March 2, 2020, 05:31 AM
Ok, will create a ticket if I can without support but here is the problem.

Graham Jupp
March 5, 2020, 02:14 AM
Hi Rudi, ticket has been submitted as GSW-987566

Graham Jupp
March 6, 2020, 12:01 AM
Hi Rudi,

I had a response back from support regarding this issue and in some ways I can see the reasoning but this page does lose continuity with the rest of the site due to Flynax's design decisions in my opinion. One thing that wont affect the map area and what appears to be a Flynax oversight is to enable a background image on the header area, so that it at least keeps its appearance similar to the rest of the site. How can I do that?

I also need to shrink my logo to fit this smaller header height area just for this page (not for other pages). How can I do that?

Response from Natalie:

"Search on map page is fully devoted to the map view and our template design for this page is built the way to provide more place for the map.

So, the details you show on the screenshots are not indicated on the page with the aim to make the map is the main thing here.

If you want we can provide custom work for your requests. But it will cost you extra because it is your preference to have them.

Thank you,

Natalie"

Thanks in advance.

Rudi
March 6, 2020, 05:20 AM
Hello Graham Jupp,

In fact, it's not Flynax oversight

we intentionally removed some insignificant elements from this page to save the space for the map

and it has a bit different design because it's a specific page

but if you need to embed the rest elements like they look on other pages

it will require customization

you can change the size of your logo adding css style to style.css file:

body.search-on-map-page #logo {
width: 100px;
}

body.search-on-map-page #logo img {
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
}

Graham Jupp
March 8, 2020, 05:59 AM
Many thanks for that fix Rudi, will give it a try.

I can see how Flynax wanted to conserve space for the map area, but unsure why you wouldn't still include a background image in the header background (even if it still has to be the reduced height version compared to the headers on other pages)?

All the other pages have a background image in this area but the search on map page is a solid blue header area (background image is missing). With regards to page layout and spacing I see no reason why this background should not be included on this page as it would not affect spacing at all and it's inclusion would help greatly to achieve continuity with the rest of the site. Hope that makes sense.

To put it another way, it's like changing the menu font on one page of a site to Times new roman for no particular reason when all the rest of the pages are Arial.